What's new

Gobert the Blake stopper needs spend summer with Malone, Exum needs to spend summer with stockton

Nobody seems to have an answer for Blake. he is too quick and strong for anyone in Spurs & Rockets to handle. I don't think anyone in Memphis can handle him either, he is too quick for Gasol, too strong for Zach. Only team that I think can beat Clippers is Chicago,
Gasol (Pau) and Nova both strong and quick enough.

I'm wondering if Gobert could slow Blake down, If I were Gobert, I would spend the summer with malone.

another thing I noticed is that chris paul seems to be able to go whereveer he wants on the floor, i wonder if Exum can stop him, Deron Williams seemed always match up well against Chris Paul.
Maybe Exum need to spend his summer with stockton.

Stockton helped Deron Burke and Burks. I think it cant hurt to send Exum. Gobert has already worked with Malone. His rookie year Malone was brought in to work with the big man. Lets bring Karl back in. After Ty left we havent seen Malone.

Nobody seems to have an answer for Blake. he is too quick and strong for anyone in Spurs & Rockets to handle. I don't think anyone in Memphis can handle him either, he is too quick for Gasol, too strong for Zach. Only team that I think can beat Clippers is Chicago,

I'm wondering if Gobert could slow Blake down, If I were Gobert, I would spend the summer with malone.

another thing I noticed is that chris paul seems to be able to go whereveer he wants on the floor, i wonder if Exum can stop him, Deron Williams seemed always match up well against Chris Paul.

The opposite Malone needs to spend time with Gobert to get tougher.

Like Stock/Malone are the only good coaching choices out there? Then why do we pay big bucks to several other guys. This should be revised to Gobert/Exum should spend the summer with great coaches. Not at all sold on the idea that Stock/Malone are it. They might be too stuck on "old school" this is the way we did it buddy so do it this way". Look outside the Jazz "glory years" box.

Like Stock/Malone are the only good coaching choices out there? Then why do we pay big bucks to several other guys. This should be revised to Gobert/Exum should spend the summer with great coaches. Not at all sold on the idea that Stock/Malone are it. They might be too stuck on "old school" this is the way we did it buddy so do it this way". Look outside the Jazz "glory years" box.

I agree that they should be working with the coaches in place, but it wouldn't hurt for our guys to work out a week or two with two of the greats. Also u do realize this is a bit of an old school team right? There is nothing old school about Stockton and Malone. I fact teams are starting to go back to the style Stockton and Malone played with.

Players don't always make the best development coaches.

Stock has had success helping guys in the past but I'd rather have Gobert spend time with a strength and conditioning coach and a guy like Johnny Bryant... Guys that do this for a living.

Different players have different strengths... It's hard for someone to project their skills on to someone else. I like what Hiid is doing and think a few of our guys should go that route.

My bet is the QS won't go down that path. To me it is a sign of lack of confidence in your existing personnel development team when you bring in outside help. These guys have very specific development plans and priority areas they are working on as part of their development plans. What if Karl tells them to work on X when QS says Y. Ultimately QS and his team are accountable.

QS wants to control this, he is accountable and Karl is a uncontrollable variable. Don't mess with success, keep Karl out.

If the payers want to seek help on their own, I think that is fine.

Also, in interviews, I got the sense that Fav, Enes and Rudy said all the right things but were not overly enthused about the sessions. And Karl made a point of mocking all the extra spandex clothing the guys were wearing, challenging their masculinity, which I'm sure went over too well.

And finally, Karl "forced" himself into the situation with whining. Ty caved, Quin will not likely do so.

Stockton helped Deron Burke and Burks.

Stock may have spent time with Trey, but I'm not sure what he helped.

Also u do realize this is a bit of an old school team right? There is nothing old school about Stockton and Malone. I fact teams are starting to go back to the style Stockton and Malone played with.

Lol, let me see if I follow. Utah is old school, S&M are not old school, but teams are going back to not old school? You're all over the map, and I'm not sure WTS you are talking about.

Personally, I'd like to send Gobert to the Olajuwon camp. Footwork improvements on the offensive end would really go a long way.

All I remember from the one summer that they trained with Malone is that Malone complained Gobert wore too much compression clothing and he said Favors needed to develop a go-to move and Favors disagreed.

Players don't always make the best development coaches.

Stock has had success helping guys in the past but I'd rather have Gobert spend time with a strength and conditioning coach and a guy like Johnny Bryant... Guys that do this for a living.

Different players have different strengths... It's hard for someone to project their skills on to someone else. I like what Hiid is doing and think a few of our guys should go that route.

This is true. If anything we should be looking for the guys who coached John and Karl early in their careers, and get them to help out.

All I remember from the one summer that they trained with Malone is that Malone complained Gobert wore too much compression clothing and he said Favors needed to develop a go-to move and Favors disagreed.
Are you sure that was Gobert? I think it might have been Kanter.

2 things:
1-Blake might be stronger than Z-Bo But he sure as hell isn't tougher. Blake is kind of a fake tough guy. Z-Bo actually is a tough guy. That means a lot.
2- GSW will likely advance to the 3rd round. Sounds like you are writing the Dubs off but remember man, this is one of the all time great teams as far as point differential in the regular season goes.

Favors matches Blake pretty well imo.

Also I seem to remember Milsap getting the best of Blake most matchups.

Interesting to see someone else from Hong Kong on this board. Are you 張國榮 raised from the dead? :O

Gobert needs to spend summer with Eaton.

Sent from the JazzFanz app
Eaton was great, but I don't see what he has to teach Gobert. He played an entirely different sort of game. Eaton was a big imovable object on defense with his arms straight up in the air. He was lumbering and slow. On offense he usually stood outside the three point line trying to get an illegal D (which doesn't even exist anymore) called on the other team. You might think that Gobert's offense needs work but it's already more advanced than Eaton's ever was.