What's new

Gobert the Blake stopper needs spend summer with Malone, Exum needs to spend summer with stockton

Favors matches Blake pretty well imo.

Also I seem to remember Milsap getting the best of Blake most matchups.

Blake was a relatively inexperienced player with a low skill level for a lot of the times that he played a Jazz team with Millsap. Blake is now way better than Millsap has ever been and will be.

Really doesn't have anything to do with the OP, just wanted to say that.

Also, yeah, these Jazz players should just work out with whomever is best for their development as people and players.

And Karl Malone's impressive history as a basketball player probably speaks more on his résumé as a student than as a teacher tbh.

Eaton was great, but I don't see what he has to teach Gobert. He played an entirely different sort of game. Eaton was a big imovable object on defense with his arms straight up in the air. He was lumbering and slow. On offense he usually stood outside the three point line trying to get an illegal D (which doesn't even exist anymore) called on the other team. You might think that Gobert's offense needs work but it's already more advanced than Eaton's ever was.
Imho Horny has been the best as a development coach after QS. I have more faith in Eaton making Gobert even better at D than Stock and esp Malone at helping the guys.

I'm really good at what I do, but I suck at teaching other people how to do it. Sometimes that's just the way it goes.

Imho Horny has been the best as a development coach after QS. I have more faith in Eaton making Gobert even better at D than Stock and esp Malone at helping the guys.

I'm really good at what I do, but I suck at teaching other people how to do it. Sometimes that's just the way it goes.
I agree with everything you say except that I don't see any reason for confidence that Eaton would be a good development coach. He did not have the ability to play the way Gobert does, so how would he teach him how to do it better? Eaton's game was completely different than Gobert's.

I like how these "spend the summer with..." threads make it sound like you can just download new skills from a hard drive.

Also, Deron was a good matchup with CP3 so Exum should spend the summer with Stockton. Obviously.

Here is what would work: Malone, Gobert, Favors, and a couple of solid skills coaches together for a month. They can run game situations with Malone and one of the guys, the other observing, and then run the drills with skills coaches to learn and practice the skill. They can watch film together, break it down, then run drills again. This would actually help and be very productive, IMO and let both Favors and Gobert work with a guy that played with insane passion and aggression for his entire career. Same could be done with Exum and Stock and a skills coach. Then get them guys with strength and conditioning teams to get them in game shape before training camp.

Boom DPOY + MVP + top 10 PG = championships.

2 things:
1-Blake might be stronger than Z-Bo But he sure as hell isn't tougher. Blake is kind of a fake tough guy. Z-Bo actually is a tough guy. That means a lot.
2- GSW will likely advance to the 3rd round. Sounds like you are writing the Dubs off but remember man, this is one of the all time great teams as far as point differential in the regular season goes.

Disagree. Blake gets absolute pummeled by the defense when he's on the floor. The physical beating he takes is tremendous. You have to be pretty damned tough to deal with that and still deliver the level of performance he does consistently.

Sure he whines a lot, but so does CP3, and he's plenty tough, so evidently the one doesn't rule out the other.

I like how these "spend the summer with..." threads make it sound like you can just download new skills from a hard drive.

Also, Deron was a good matchup with CP3 so Exum should spend the summer with Stockton. Obviously.
The Matrix?

When you guys say a player need to spend time with Malone, Stockton, how much time we're talking about? A couple of days? A week? A month?

As much as I like Stockton and Malone, do you really believe that training with them really helps that much? This training translates in to their game during the season?

I'm not saying Stockton and Malone don't have anything to teach, of course they do! My question is if this really helps on the long run?

Here is what would work: Malone, Gobert, Favors, and a couple of solid skills coaches together for a month. They can run game situations with Malone and one of the guys, the other observing, and then run the drills with skills coaches to learn and practice the skill. They can watch film together, break it down, then run drills again. This would actually help and be very productive, IMO and let both Favors and Gobert work with a guy that played with insane passion and aggression for his entire career. Same could be done with Exum and Stock and a skills coach. Then get them guys with strength and conditioning teams to get them in game shape before training camp.

Boom DPOY + MVP + top 10 PG = championships.

When you guys say a player need to spend time with Malone, Stockton, how much time we're talking about? A couple of days? A week? A month?

As much as I like Stockton and Malone, do you really believe that training with them really helps that much? This training translates in to their game during the season?

I'm not saying Stockton and Malone don't have anything to teach, of course they do! My question is if this really helps on the long run?

I already resolved your dilemma for you.

Exum needs a shrink or a life coach not a professional trainer. I do not understand why he is such a ***** my friends. Anyone have suggestions? He is soft A.F. This needs to be fixed. Like seriously this is the most prescient matter for Utah Jazz to deal with.

As we are all part of the "Matrix" why can we not just find the "shell" of Gobert and download the necessary offensive and defensive moves? This seems like the next logical step.

I agree with everything you say except that I don't see any reason for confidence that Eaton would be a good development coach. He did not have the ability to play the way Gobert does, so how would he teach him how to do it better? Eaton's game was completely different than Gobert's.
Definition of insanity. We haven't tried Eaton yet.

Send everyone to workout with Michael Jordan. I mean he is the best player so he is the best coach, right?

I mean, he really helps all those Hornet's wings, right?