What's new

Gobert to Minnesota

Do you have anything to back this up? Why did the Clippers beat us? Because they went small. There's multiple ways to beat the 5 out, one is making people pay underneath. Especially with having a perimeter defender, maybe the best in the league. If rumors are true, there's a reason we are interested.
Our offensive rating against the Clippers was over 130. The KD Warriors offensive rating in their best season was 115.6, for reference.

People pointing the finger at our *offense* against 5-out lineups are just objectively wrong.

We did. His name is Bogdanovic. He was posting up, then Dallas adjusted. There's a reason so few offenses feature post-ups anymore.
Bogey posting up is not even close to having a center post up making a team that plays small not play small. Bogey isn't even a good post up player.

You do realize that the Jazz can very easily do that with the assets they have now, right?
I hope you are right. It just makes zero sense to trade an all star and all you get back is rotation guys and a hope to get lucky with picks. Every other trade I heard rumored we got back a proven starter. I would much rather have proven talent then a hope for good picks. I am hopeful the other trades give us some talent for this year.

I hope you are right. It just makes zero sense to trade an all star and all you get back is rotation guys and a hope to get lucky with picks. Every other trade I heard rumored we got back a proven starter. I would much rather have proven talent then a hope for good picks. I am hopeful the other trades give us some talent for this year.
Boston is still reaping the rewards for a similar trade to Brooklyn 10 years ago.

I love Rudy as much as anyone but this trade has added some much needed excitement after the last few post seasons.

You won't find many who play harder and are dedicated to their craft than Gobert, but Beverly may be one of them who us fans can root for watching him gut it out every night on D. I reckon we dig that. Secretly I love watching Beverly play and hope we keep him.

We have plenty of options with all the draft picks. Great job Danny and I'll enjoy the T-wolves having success with Kat and Gobert, fascinating to watch.

Boston is still reaping the rewards for a similar trade to Brooklyn 10 years ago.
And they got lottery picks which is why it worked. I hope we do to but I am doubting it. And trading an all star for a wish is not enough IMO. A wish and a little more talent would have been good.

I LOVE Gobert. But ainge is killing. Great trade for the jazz. Over the last two days the nba basically dealt a great texas holdem player Ace King to start. I feel good that ainge will win with this hand he has.
No way did I think we could get 5 first round picks (4 basically unprotected) for gobert. Plus some serviceable players. NO WAY IN HELL did I think we would get a haul like that. I doubt the nets get 5 first round picks for durant.

Also saw a tweet that the jazz could now have 40 million in cap space in 2023. Also hearing bogey and a first for deandre ayton.

Ainge is the man and is proving it once again.

I thought the first for royce was also a steal.

I kinda want to trade donovan as well and go full OKC though im good with retooling with donovan, clarkson, conley, bogey. I just believe in ainge 100% at this point.

Its going to be really interesting to see how this works in minnesota playing two 7 footers together in a league that is going small more and more.

Rudy/Kat/McDaniels/Edwards/Dlo and a great bench is a contender.
Man, I thought they were already looking good last year and trending in the right direction. Now they are extremely cash strapped and not able to add anything and have a very weird fit that might actually make them worse.

Man, I thought they were already looking good last year and trending in the right direction. Now they are extremely cash strapped and not able to add anything and have a very weird fit that might actually make them worse.
Time will tell. Their bench is strong. Anderson, Nowell, Reid, Prince. I think they will be solid for three years.

What are the Gobert worshippers saying ? Gonna join Minnesota's bandwagon?
Im a gobert worshipper but this is a great trade.
Rudy is over 30 years old, getting 40 million, with severe limitations offensively whose team has never gotten past the 2nd round and has been embarrassed in the last two years, who also doesn't have great chemistry with his teammates. And we get an enormous haul. Wouldn't be surprised if we got more for gobert than the nets get for durant.