What's new

GORDON MISSES ALL-TEAM

I'm glad he didn't make it. He'd opt in and we have to go through another year of inane whining and worrying from the all the Nancy Boys on this board.

Let's get this done once and for all!

It's good and bad

Good: If he stays he will makes less of the cap

Bad: I guess he might leave now if making 5% more money was the only thing that would keep him in Utah

I am glad we won't be paying him that redicoulos contract. He is good but not worth the highest paid NBA player

It's good and bad

Good: If he stays he will makes less of the cap

Bad: I guess he might leave now if making 5% more money was the only thing that would keep him in Utah
He still makes more money staying utah doe.

It's a good thing. He isn't leaving and now we can save that extra money and spend it on other players.

5%? How do you figure? The amount the Jazz could have guaranteed Hayward just dropped from $236 million to $179 million.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=42729511&nid=304

I think that's why he said it was bad. Had he made it we could have paid him WAY more than any other team. Since he didn't we can only pay him marginally more than any other team. So if there's a situation he sees as more desirable he might figure it'd be worth giving up the relatively small amount more Utah can give him to get into a better situation.

We're going to struggle with this Hayward **** for 6 more weeks. ****ing painful.

I think that's why he said it was bad. Had he made it we could have paid him WAY more than any other team. Since he didn't we can only pay him marginally more than any other team. So if there's a situation he sees as more desirable he might figure it'd be worth giving up the relatively small amount more Utah can give him to get into a better situation.

Okay, so now the Jazz can guarantee $179 million and some other team can guarantee $133 million. That's closer to 25% different, than 5%.

Would have been a lot of change for him, so if he wants to stay, it's a cheaper deal which gives us flexibility.

It's a good thing. He isn't leaving and now we can save that extra money and spend it on other players.

I dont think we can really spend extra money just cuz Gordon won't make 5% more, but the LT will probably be less severe if we do go into it.

I probably should have concerns about losing him but I don't. It's not a logical thing for me though logic does tell me Boston needs much, much more than another wing. Their frontcourt is awful.

But for me, it's my gut. Utah is home and he wants it that way. And any perceived snubbing is a good thing. He may work his *** off harder than before and take yet another leap next season.