What's new

GORDON MISSES ALL-TEAM

Okay, so now the Jazz can guarantee $179 million and some other team can guarantee $133 million. That's closer to 25% different, than 5%.

Not really. We can guarantee 179/5 = 35.8 million per year compared to 133/4 = 33.25 million per year, a difference of 2.55 million per year.

When you factor in that Utah's taxes are dead in the middle of the US, Hayward would probably make more money going to Miami or Texas.

Also, with ESPN struggling and paying most of their contracts, it might be better to get one more deal in 4 years vs 5 because salaries will drop big time if the tv viewing habits continue the way they've been.

Not really. We can guarantee 179/5 = 35.8 million per year compared to 133/4 = 33.25 million per year, a difference of 2.55 million per year.

When you factor in that Utah's taxes are dead in the middle of the US, Hayward would probably make more money going to Miami or Texas.

Also, with ESPN struggling and paying most of their contracts, it might be better to get one more deal in 4 years vs 5 because salaries will drop big time if the tv viewing habits continue the way they've been.

That's only if they dont figure out a better way to monetize between now and then.

That's only if they dont figure out a better way to monetize between now and then.

Very true. Another thing NO ONE is talking about, is that Hayward is a marketer's wet dream in Boston. He'd be EVERYWHERE. The #1 team in the East, led by a guy like Hayward? He'd be in every commercial known to man.

In Boston, Hayward would more than makeup the 2.5 million difference in contracts with endorsement money.

Money wise, he'd be much smarter to go to Boston. Basketball wise, he'd be much smarter to go to Boston.

Let's hope he has some sentimental reasons to stay here.

Very true. Another thing NO ONE is talking about, is that Hayward is a marketer's wet dream in Boston. He'd be EVERYWHERE. The #1 team in the East, led by a guy like Hayward? He'd be in every commercial known to man.

In Boston, Hayward would more than makeup the 2.5 million difference in contracts with endorsement money.

Money wise, he'd be much smarter to go to Boston. Basketball wise, he'd be much smarter to go to Boston.

Let's hope he has some sentimental reasons to stay here.
Yes. Even if they got George, a white star in Boston is always going to be bigger. Plus I'm sure Nike would give him a bigger contract in Boston.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

i have a feeling we're gona lose em to boston.

he wants to reunite with his former coach. He's the 1st one he told about being an all star as well. I think it's gona happen guys n gals.

Good news is if Hayward re-signs with us it will be much less now and let us build a better team.

Other good news is this almost gaurantees Paul George is getting traded. Hopefully Jazz can get him for a good deal before FA and really help lock up Hayward re-signing.

Then we have a real big 3 that can win. We could also still go after a 4th player via trade or FA, hope Exum develops or re-sign Hill and hope for better health.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

Good news is if Hayward re-signs with us it will be much less now and let us build a better team.

Other good news is this almost gaurantees Paul George is getting traded. Hopefully Jazz can get him for a good deal before FA and really help lock up Hayward re-signing.

Then we have a real big 3 that can win. We could also still go after a 4th player via trade or FA, hope Exum develops or re-sign Hill and hope for better health.

Wow, that is a lot to unpack
If PG makes all nba next year he qualifies for DVPE.
If rumors are true, PG is hell bent on lakers. Why would anyone give up assets for a 1 year rental? By taking this position he has condemned himself to the Pacers this year.

If rumors are true, PG is hell bent on lakers. Why would anyone give up assets for a 1 year rental? By taking this position he has condemned himself to the Pacers this year.

I'd take him.

Go get him, win 60+ games. Then, next summer, he has to decide between a terrible Laker team, with a lot less money, vs the Jazz, with two other stars, 60+ wins, a lot more money and a short 1.5 hour plane flight to LA. Hell, he could go buy a house next to Hayward in San Diego.

That one year would be a blast.