What's new

Gordon Monson is getting destroyed on Twitter...

I'm not a Monson fan at all, but the overreaction to his piece is ridiculous.

He was a little insensitive about the injury... it wasn’t funny either. Outside of that this is not much to see.

I remember when Love was traded there was a video where twolves fans acted super indifferent to him leaving. Don’t remember them killing them. This ain’t much different except Gordon got hurt.

I think when you get things go you don't have to talk about letting them go. But I could be wrong.

No jazz fan truly moved on because that means you forgave everyone and/or don't care about it. Even if things worked out well doesnt mean you will don't think about it.

So you're telling me I haven't let it go, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t wish he stayed anymore so I consider myself “over it” but I’ll boo him and I don’t wish him ultimate success... maybe mediocre success, but part of me wants him to experience struggles when he comes back to show that “yeah it wasn’t so bad here and the grass ain’t greener” to others.

Anyone saying they will literally root for him like want him to win a title is likely a liar or not a big jazz fan. I hope his family is well... I hope he is healthy and happy... I hope he sucks at basketball (at least a little). I’m not thinking about what could have been because I like what we have now... sorry not sorry

I think if Hayward would have stayed, we wouldn't have seen this side of Donovan as often. Hayward and Rubio would demand the ball on a majority of possessions, and this would hurt his game. Not having to worry about mistakes and letting Donovan be "the guy" has expedited his developement.

I just think he’s a bad writer... what he wrote isn’t good but please tell me what he is going to write... is he not supposed to mention it? Is he supposed to slobber all over the guy? Write a sob piece about him being hurt? He wrote a salty article that says we don’t really miss you... we like Donovan more. A little immature but not inaccurate

Monson basically says the Jazz and their fans have moved on. And the complainers about the article are saying "why can't the Jazz and their fans move on?"

This is a controversy? Did Trump misplace his phone or something?

I dislike Monson more than most, but this article was fine. Gordon owed the Jazz a better exit than they got. The Jazz have defied expectations without Hill and Hayward. Donovon is amazing and is more liked than Gordon ever was. The game tomorrow has less of a rivalry feel than it would have if Gordon was playing. Donovan has made it so we don't miss Gordon as much.

I mean, I've read a lot of Bill Simmons crap, and a lot of it is WAY worse than this article. He is such a Boston homer it is ridiculous. It is funny how Simmons gets butt hurt anytime someone says anything even slightly negative about Boston.

Monson basically says the Jazz and their fans have moved on. And the complainers about the article are saying "why can't the Jazz and their fans move on?"

This is a controversy? Did Trump misplace his phone or something?

For me it's not just Mitchell but the whole of the team playing great on both ends of the floor. The trade for Crowder, Ingles transforming his game in the blink of an eye, Rudy coming back and absolutely reaping souls, Rubioplaying great. I know I'm leaving things out, but the last two months have been amazing to the point I just don't think about it because it's as if we never lost anything when he left

I'm also going to say that Boston has potential as best team in the NBA. I think Tatum will be a star, and Hayward will be traded at some point as their young talented wings improve.

I’m waiting for the Hayward for AD deal...

Bill also wouldn’t understand... we are pretty loyal to our players... we don’t look to trade guys at the drop of a hat to get an upgrade... certainly wouldn’t enlist them to recruit for us then dump them... Our guys are guys we root for and support not just assets.

Thanks for posting that. I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s a well written article full of facts, truth, and accuracy. Everything he says is spot on and he didn’t say anything mean about Hayward.

Cry harder Boston, bill, and any other writers throwing shade at monson.
There was nothing wrong with the article. The problem is this tweet which Trump apparently helped him compose. Completely idiotic:
Dear @gordonhayward: The @utahjazz are doing just fine without you. @rudygobert27 is a stud and @spidadmitchell is going to be a star, probably bigger than you. You're not missed. Sincerely, @GordonMonson. https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2018/03/27/monson-gordon-who-donovan-mitchell-and-rudy-gobert-are-the-kings-of-this-town/ …

I would read the article if I didnt have to pay for it. I guess I could turn off my ad blocker for their website like I do this one but they have done nothing to earn that from me.

Oh, well. I guess ill never know what Monson said to try and get attention again.

Just disable javascript for that site.

I mean he is a writer who writes stories. Why is this so bad? I skim read... salty yeah but why not be salty the guy mislead us and we gave him tons of love... national media should go back and look at his departure.

If he wasn’t hurt in gruesome fashion this is a nothing burger what is monsoon supposed to write... depleted Celtics come to town to face the jazz and there are no subplots... nothing to see here.

Dude wrote a mediocre article that is getting more pub than he will get all year... is he really being killed?

I guess I'd just like to think you can write compelling stories that aren't so salty or petulant. The article actually wasn't that bad, the tweet itself seemed more incendiary to me. But, maybe I'm wrong.

I agree, the outrage over the article is a little ridiculous but I think it was predictable. It was bound to invite a lot of negative attention.

I guess I'd just like to think you can write compelling stories that aren't so salty or petulant. The article actually wasn't that bad, the tweet itself seemed more incendiary to me. But, maybe I'm wrong.

I agree, the outrage over the article is a little ridiculous but I think it was predictable. It was bound to invite a lot of negative attention.

It’s not great... the awkward injury paragraphs aren’t funny... outside of that kind of states the obvious. If that is mean then I guess that is mean, but Hayward has a super sloppy douchey exit... jazz brass took the high road... writers don’t have to.

It would have been good and funny to make it more tongue in cheek and leave the injury out of it.

If Hayward was healthy and playing this article doesn’t make any noise... goes back to we are all supposed to feel bad for him sentiment... I don’t think he felt bad about us, I think he lied (or at least was deceptive), and I think there were absolutely inappropriate conversations that happened between Hayward and Boston pre free agency... to say the guy doesn’t deserve salt for changing his place of work is dumb.

I’ve changed my place of work and got salt, lawyer letters, etc from people... it comes with the territory when you reject something... when you do it sloppy and are deceptive or disingenuine about it there will be more salt.