What's new

Grade the Jazz through 2 games...

Brian T. Smith on 1280 the zone right now. Good interview. Hopefully they put it up for playing later.
https://www.1280thezone.com/

CJ said today that the 8-0 preseason was the worst thing to happen to them. [Whatever, Miles. You're a "veteran" on this team. You should be above all of that. You continued to catch 'n jack both in the preseason and in the first two games. Shut up, don't make excuses, and start playing better defense. The rookie hayward has scored >3x as many points and less than 2x as many minutes.]

Also, after the game, DW talked for 5 minutes with Harpring, and Raja Bell talked with Horny. Then DW, Bell, Millsap, etc. had a talk together. [A step in the right direction, but it would still be better for the team to watch film (not the entire game; just selected excerpts) together and/or for the coaches to review excerpts with individual players.]

I'm not pleased with Deron's leadership last night, but he's not used to having the team on his shoulders alone. Kobe and MJ have had there moments of being pissy to teammates on the court, also.

I'm not pleased with Deron's leadership last night, but he's not used to having the team on his shoulders alone. Kobe and MJ have had there moments of being pissy to teammates on the court, also.

Absolutely, the rookies, the new veteran players and Williams are ALL in unfamiliar territory.

Giving these dudes a fortnight is reasonable. But the guy who wanted FULL MONTH is crazy. If they can't get their **** together in 2 weeks, this season is HOPELESS.

Deron - F
Bell - F
AK - F
Millsap - D
Al Jeff - D
CJ - F
Hayward - D
Fes - C
Evans -D
Watson - F
Price - F
Elson - F

Coaching Staff -F
Team Defense -F
Team Offense -F
Motivation -F
Blocking Out for Rebounds -F
As a unit - F
Most embarassing team -A+

Boozer, Korver, Brewer are sitting back laughing at us :(
Ya because Brewer's 0-6 shooting and 3pts along with Korver's 4 points and no made 3's this season (hey see him and Hayward have something in common) also don't forget Boozer's..... ok he is out dressing Memo I'll give you that one.

Ya because Brewer's 0-6 shooting and 3pts along with Korver's 4 points and no made 3's this season (hey see him and Hayward have something in common) also don't forget Boozer's..... ok he is out dressing Memo I'll give you that one.

At least Boozer and Brewer like to share the ball unlike Miles and Jefferson. The offense is going to be more stagnant this year while Jefferson is posting up and everyone else is standing around watching. At least Boozer knows how to block out for rebounds although his defense sucks, ohhh wait......Jefferson's defense sucks too. I would think the Jazz would be a more cohesive team with Boozer, Brewer, and Korver rather than Jefferson, Miles, and Hayward. We can wait 20-30 games into the season though and then compare the Jazz team this year compared to the Jazz of last year when Brewer, Boozer, and Korver played.

Don't forget the Jazz started out 1-3 last year and were just 19-17 before picking up steam. So maybe we'll see the same thing happen this year, especially given the tough opening schedule.
If not, we can at least be excited about getting a lottery pick again - and arguing over whether we need to take BPA or find a replacement for Fesenko.