What's new

Grade the Jazz through 2 games...

Too early for grades.
Kirilenko had a much better game 2 than game 1. Note he played a lot of his minutes at PF. Coincidence??
Deron Williams, IMO, appears distracted by this whole leadership thing. Boozer was more of a public spokesman than Deron. Deron just needs to get a better handle on it and his game will come back to him.
Raja Bell is also still struggling with his shot. He was never a prolific scorer, but is missing too many jumpers; needs some layups.
Millsap had a better game 2 than game 1. 19/13.
Jefferson showed more life this game; 20/9.
Hayward looked better defensively, and wasn't that bad in his 1st game. Struggling with his jumper; looks to be rushing them. Best player off the bench, unless we count Kirilenko at PF as a "bench player".
We are doing a poor job running the offense right now with way too many quick jump shots. At the least little defensive pressure, we're rushing to shoot. One pass and a shot ain't the way it's supposed to be run! This puts us in BAD defensive position. Couple that with all the turnovers (22 in game 1, 16 in game 2), and you're gonna lose more times than not...
What he said.

You don't seriously think that do you? We are 0-2 against the Nuggets who killed us last year during the regular season and the Suns who, when shooting lights out at the 3, are very tough to beat.

Have you looked at our schedule to open the season? It's brutal. The only games that we should win are against the Clips and the Warriors, and those sure aren't guaranteed. I don't expect us to win a single game on our 4 game road trip at the moment, unless I see some massive improvement over the next few games.

You don't seriously think that do you? We are 0-2 against the Nuggets who killed us last year during the regular season and the Suns who, when shooting lights out at the 3, are very tough to beat.

No. But I think we'll be closer to 8 losses than 8 wins.

Maybe 3-5 or 2-6 over that span.

Dude, this is a BAD 0-2. I think I read that Utah has yet to lead at all this season. This is the first time since 1979 the Jazz started 0-2 with two consecutive double-digit losses.

No sugarcoating this baby - we stink right now.

You cant grade after 2 days, but the whole team is on track to fail.
Good thing they have 80 more games.

Millsap has played very well. Hayward, Fes and Evans have also done well with their minutes.

Other players:

Deron: .273
AJ: .417
AK: .294
CJ: .125
Raja: .300

Basically, The Jazz's 4 highest paid players (AK, Deron, AJ, Memo), and 6 of the top 7 (throw in Raja and CJ), have been absolute garbage.

....somebody gave Klinko a C? What, are you Stevie Wonder or something? He'd have to hit 10 straight 3 pointers the next game....to bring his grade up to a C.....and that just ain't gonna happen! Oh, and one other thing about Klinko....GET A HAIR CUT!

I think his hair is bad *** this season ;-)

We are doing a poor job running the offense right now with way too many quick jump shots. At the least little defensive pressure, we're rushing to shoot. One pass and a shot ain't the way it's supposed to be run! This puts us in BAD defensive position. Couple that with all the turnovers (22 in game 1, 16 in game 2), and you're gonna lose more times than not...

I disagree. The Jazz are not taking the open shots, telegraphing passes instead. There's something obviously wrong with Raja right now. He's passing up easy jumpers for turnovers. He can't shoot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a wrist injury or something. The rest of the team is doing the same. They're passing up wide open shots and attempting terrible passes. There's no chemistry and so they're forcing issues. They don't look natural and are not letting the game come to them. I'd rather see them chucking up quick shots than making terrible passes right into a defenders hands.

Deron - F
Bell - F
AK - F
Millsap - D
Al Jeff - D
CJ - F
Hayward - D
Fes - C
Evans -D
Watson - F
Price - F
Elson - F