What's new

Grayson Allen

homeytennis

His first half stats are positively stinky particularly shooting percentage. The guy is an older rookie so I was expecting a lot more. I'm not sure Quin wants to gamble by giving him minutes down the stretch. Perhaps he can help the Stars on their playoff quest and start fresh in Summer League.

his stats are incredibly misleading since he plays so little and will go 0-1 or 0-2 a couple games, get a DNP, then go something like 1-2 or 2-5 in other games with very little PT. way too early to make a judgment on him especially if all you're doing is boxscore watching. i think with regular playing time he'd be somewhere in between his preseason and g league stats. something like 44-47% FG, 40-43% 3pt, 80+% FT.

I'm just going off stats here, but in college he wasn't really a major factor until his tournament run. I'm guessing he's the kind of player that probably takes a year to adjust to the increase in competition level. I'm expecting he'll make a pretty massive jump during the offseason, and if he doesn't he'll probably be out of the league pretty quickly.

I think Buddy Hield gives some hope for 4 year college players to enter the pros and improve after their rookie season, but unlike Hield who had some nice stats including a very nice 3pt% in his rookie season I don't see anything in Allen's game either from an eye test or from a statistical standpoint that suggests he'll be a starting caliber player in the league even if he improves dramatically like Hield did. Could be a strong rotational piece as a best case scenario which for a late 1st is still good value but the fact that the Jazz took a 4 year college pro hoping he could contribute straight away and he's been awful is not great.

He can shoot the 3.

Can he? Are we sure? If so, does it justify his non-nba skills, like horrid defense?

I’m honestly unsure if he’s an nba player anymore. I’ve found him to be underwhelming offensively, where I thought he might shine. And defensively he’s been an absolute disaster.

At this point I’m unsure whether he has any nba caliber skills, including shooting. Let alone skills that justify his glaring weaknesses, such as defense.

Can he? Are we sure? If so, does it justify his non-nba skills, like horrid defense?

I’m honestly unsure if he’s an nba player anymore. I’ve found him to be underwhelming offensively, where I thought he might shine. And defensively he’s been an absolute disaster.

At this point I’m unsure whether he has any nba caliber skills, including shooting. Let alone skills that justify his glaring weaknesses, such as defense.

I'm not impressed either. But it takes some players time to adapt to the NBA game. We have him at the end of the bench for a couple more years. Might become a good enough role player.

Jebus people. He shot 38% from three in college on a ton of attempts. He shot 83% from the free throw line. He can shoot. He has not received enough regular playing time to get comfortable yet.

The defense is a question. It was atrocious... now it is bad... he's making some improvement there but that is the big question.

In the G League he played fine. Shot 45/38 from the field and 3... on a lot of attempts.

He looks spastic out there and confused... cuz he's a rookie who hasn't played at all and he's on a good team trying to compete. Give him some time... he will be fine.