What's new

Grayson Allen

where the jazz have f*cked up is having him rack up DNPs and garbage minutes with the A team when he should've been on the stars at least half this season to work on getting comfortable and learning the system/defense rather than rotting on the bench.

The NBA plays on a higher level than the Stars. The value Allen gets from practicing and observing at an NBA level is comparable to the value of getting playing time with the Stars.

The NBA plays on a higher level than the Stars. The value Allen gets from practicing and observing at an NBA level is comparable to the value of getting playing time with the Stars.
Tough to beat muscle memory. Ideally he could do all 3: practice with the main team, be present at games to observe and learn, and log PT with the Stars to reinforce learning.

Tough to beat muscle memory. Ideally he could do all 3: practice with the main team, be present at games to observe and learn, and log PT with the Stars to reinforce learning.

Hasn't this happened?

I'm sure it would be better to have gotten more Stars PT, but given the very road heavy schedule early and then Grayson's ankle injury later (not to mention the short bit of needing any healthy guards to stay with the Jazz), events haven't made accomplishing all three very easy.

Hasn't this happened?

I'm sure it would be better to have gotten more Stars PT, but given the very road heavy schedule early and then Grayson's ankle injury later (not to mention the short bit of needing any healthy guards to stay with the Jazz), events haven't made accomplishing all three very easy.

even more reason to cut him some slack.

Well he can head to the gym and work on his craft. I would even bet there is this guy that lives in Spokane that could give him some help on what to do when he gets past his defender.

This thread is funny. At least y’all have @Handlogten's Heros to set you straight.

Also, maybe I’ll start a thread about Tony Bradley. I’m actually still intrigued. Next year he’ll show something, and I’ll be the only person who can gloat about being right.

I still think Bradley can be serviceable. So I guess that makes 2 of us.

Not conflicting at all. Utah can't afford to let him play through rookie mistakes while other teams could. With more playing time comes more development. If he played for Phoenix they would have nothing to lose by playing him. He would get more minutes and in return learn small nuances of the NBA game that he's not afforded to do with our playoff roster.

As for Sloan, a little but of both. I think some players should have played more but at the same time he had good reason not to play certain guys.

If he played for Phoenix he would be trapped in Basketball hell. Their a disaster from their management down to their coaches, down to their ball boys. They don't know how to groom a young talent into the NBA. Booker could average 35 PPG and they would still only win 20-25 games per year. You could say that they don't have a supporting cast in their lineup, but they have enough to win much more than what they've shown. They can't develop anyone.