What's new

GT: Goliath @ David Thursday Dec 8, Vivint Smart Home Arena 7:00 PM MT

Why? You want two losses by them at home? The game was nevefr in question and they coasted thru the game. The GSW don't fear the Jazz even though many jazz fans think they do. You have no shot at winning a playoff series so let me ask you this is it better to make the playoffs and maybe win 1 game or better to miss and get a lottery pick?

You might recall that we almost beat them last year with a far weaker team, with a healthy Burks who tore them up -- I thought we did but maybe that was the year before. In any case, they are weaker this year. They have little rim protection. Teams with strong bigs like ours with a healthy Gobert and Favors will give them trouble, plus we have one of league's best perimeter defenders now in Hill. If we are 100 percent healthy when we play them, we will be a tough matchup for them.

Last edited:
Yup, because they all took the easy path. Stockton totally joined the Bulls in his prime and Malone the Lakers in his.

But that's not the argument, you're deflecting. You said that Durant has failed his entire career (up til now of course). If you're going to say that, then your logic implies that Stockton and Malone were also failures.

But that's not the argument, you're deflecting. You said that Durant has failed his entire career (up til now of course). If you're going to say that, then your logic implies that Stockton and Malone were also failures.

I shouldn't have said entire. But yes he failed. he had Mr. Triple Double on his team and they failed. So he jumped ship to a team that he could ride to a chip.

Stockton and Malone did fail. They failed to win a championship but they responded far differently than Durant did.

I shouldn't have said entire. But yes he failed. he had Mr. Triple Double on his team and they failed. So he jumped ship to a team that he could ride to a chip.

Stockton and Malone did fail. They failed to win a championship but they responded far differently than Durant did.

So any player that hasn't won a championship has failed? That's a ridiculous metric. Winning championships are hard. Getting a team to the finals is hard. Hell, winning a playoff series is hard. Just because you don't win a championship doesn't mean you're a failure as a player. That's just asinine, and honestly, it's an incredibly stupid hot take ala Skip Bayless.

Amazes me how many are down on Durant for changing teams and going to a good situation. So, no one has ever left one job for a better job? How dare you? Where is your loyalty? You were just cherry picking, why didn't you take a worse spot instead of a better one?

Amazes me how many are down on Durant for changing teams and going to a good situation. So, no one has ever left one job for a better job? How dare you? Where is your loyalty? You were just cherry picking, why didn't you take a worse spot instead of a better one?

Yeah, we should encourage every star to go to Golden State, it's the best job. When can we trade Gobert and Hayward there? I want them to have the best job.

I'm aware of the cap situation. What's your proposed trade?

Warriors 1st rounder would be all I would give up, along with Withey, to make the trade happen. I'd only do it if we were playing super well heading into the trade deadline.

Warriors 1st rounder would be all I would give up, along with Withey, to make the trade happen. I'd only do it if we were playing super well heading into the trade deadline.

I'm pretty torn. I can talk myself into the belief that Bogut is the type of guy that could push us deeper into (beyond?) the second round. But then I snap back and feel homerish. A late-first rounder has serious value for us and our future financial outlook.

So, you personally would turn down a better job? Why?

I don't give a **** about Durant's job satisfaction. One of the best offensive players of all time decided to join a historically elite team in order to easily win championships. That's reason enough to root against him. Do you even watch sports, bro?

Way to generic. Lots of reasons someone might turn down a job. Why would one turn down playing for the GSW? Depends on the person and the circumstances.

The job is being a basketball player and getting paid buku bucks. In the real world a better job is usually getting more money, getting more responsibility (like upward mobility in a company), etc. Durant has the same job, actually in real life terms you might say he took a worse job. He went from being a CEO to a dude on the board (my corporate metaphors are probably lacking). You could say he went to a better "company" but he was already on a damn good one that had a 3-1 lead over the ****ing Warrios. KD is a bish.

What part of being in Golden State is better? I guess location is the obvious answer, and something I agree with. Bay Area > Oklahoma City.

But how much time do NBA players actually spend in their team's city? You have enough money to live anywhere. I doubt sponsorship money has changed that much with Durant since the move. He already had a top selling signature line and was very popular.

Does having an easier time getting wins make it a better job? Are easy wins more conductive to having fun in basketball? When you play pickup basketball do you have more fun if you are a top 5 player on the court and the other 4 are all on your team?

I guess "better job" is subjective in the NBA. KD picked what he wanted, so he took the better job in his eyes I'd assume. It's also ok for everyone to call him a bitch-made player for joining a team that he lost a 3-1 lead to in the Conference Finals. He is taking the most millennial approach to getting a championship ever, and I'm someone who hates when people say millennial to describe anything.

Last edited:
I don't give a **** about Durant's job satisfaction. One of the best offensive players of all time decided to join a historically elite team in order to easily win championships. That's reason enough to root against him. Do you even watch sports, bro?

You can't compare competitive sports with a regular job. It's like, if you can't beat them, then join them. What kind of true competitor does that -- only one who is a whimp.

With Favs healthy I don't get the need for Bogut. One could easily argue that DF more natural position is the 5. He's better than most in the league at that pos. It seems to me that QS needs to stagger the rotation so that one of RG/DF is on the court at all times, playing about half their time together and half apart. The same could probably said of our primary playmakers who both have the initials GH. The question isn't who will protect the rim in Gobert's time off the court but if Diaw/Lyles can give us enough at the 4. If we need an improvement it is at the backup 4 not 5 imo.

Not sure if it was mentioned but Bolomboy was sent down to the D-League earlier today. Glad he'll get some playing time.

With Favs healthy I don't get the need for Bogut. One could easily argue that DF more natural position is the 5. He's better than most in the league at that pos. It seems to me that QS needs to stagger the rotation so that one of RG/DF is on the court at all times, playing about half their time together and half apart. The same could probably said of our primary playmakers who both have the initials GH. The question isn't who will protect the rim in Gobert's time off the court but if Diaw/Lyles can give us enough at the 4. If we need an improvement it is at the backup 4 not 5 imo.

I can't wait to see Favors in the SM Diaw post-up role. Diaw is getting so many mis-matches but can't drive as efficiently as Favors. He's leaving a lot of points on the floor in favor of passing out and hoping for a cutter. Don't get me wrong, I love this set, but there are often times when Diaw should be scoring layups but is not. Favors can fix that.