What's new

Haberstroh: 82 Games Season Dead

Think about anything in life. Scarcity makes things more popular. Ever heard the term "too much of a good thing".

Why is basketball popular? What is the driving marketing tool behind basketball? Stars.

If you were a NBA commissioner would you not want to limit things that injure the single most important resource of your game? Would you not want to prolong their careers? I would.

The NBA is different than the NFL in that good/great players are more valuable and more important to the quality of play. The NFL you can plug and play for a bunch of players without affecting the visual appeal, at least from a casual perspective, save for 1 position.

You know the NFL? You know what their biggest resource was? Quarterbacks. So they changed those damn rules so you cant touch quarterbacks anymore.

I dont get how any Jazz fan could be against this, especially after this injury riddled season.

I'm sure the players will have no problem giving back large portions of their salaries too.

I'm sure the players will have no problem giving back large portions of their salaries too.

That's a good point. So far we don't know how the players feel about this. They haven't even complained about this. This was brought about by the trainers, etc.

Guys like Harden, LeBron and Kawhi have come out and actually said they would like to play as many games as possible down the stretch and don't want to rest. And these are guys who are playing the most minutes in the NBA.