What's new

Have people here bought into Conley yet?

YES! Conley retroactively making that trade look good this year. Clarkson is my personal MVP but Conley is a huge contributor to our contender status this year.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Pro-Conley crowd is a little over-eager to disregard last year? More specifically, like, totally ****ing disregard. And do they also seem a little too eager to totally disregard the timing of the Conley acquisition vis-a-vis the Mitchell and Gobert extensions? and how all of this works with regard to the cap going forward?

Seems like it.

With regard to the Conley trade, we came into this year in total salvage mode. Thankfully, it’s working well. We aren’t savaging trade assets or draft capital, or something like that—but we are salvaging our reputation and displaying a wicked brand of basketball. That matters. Hopefully we don’t end up like a Coach Bud Hawks team, but let’s let the optimism ride, eh? But yeah.
My God, you sound like an idiot.

Conley spent his entire career in one system, and it's completely understandable that it would take time for him to acclimate to a new one. It also takes time for players to jell with new teammates. You really seem to want to hold to the idea that because it didn't work out immediately, you must have been right that it was a bad trade, regardless of how perfectly this team has come together this year. And LMAO at you acting like some cap expert, worrying about the future numbers when LIndsay/Zanic have built a team with a legit shot at winning a title THIS year. Utah's front office has done a fantastic job building this team and the self-proclaimed expert armchair GMs on this board are looking like complete fools, lol.

You were wrong. Take the big fat L and move on with life. Nothing is stupider than rooting against your own team in an elite season, just because you care more about being right than you do about your favorite team having one of their best seasons in their history.

Last edited:
My God, you sound like an idiot.

Conley spent his entire career in one system, and it's completely understandable that it would take time for him to acclimate to a new one. It also takes time for players to jell with new teammates. You really seem to want to hold to the idea that because it didn't work out immediately, you must have been right that it was a bad trade, regardless of how perfectly this team has come together this year. And LMAO at you acting like some cap expert, worrying about the future numbers when LIndsay/Zanic have built a team with a legit shot at winning a title THIS year. Utah's front office has done a fantastic job building this team and the self-proclaimed expert armchair GMs on this board are looking like complete fools, lol.

You were wrong. Take the big fat L and move on with life. Nothing is stupider than rooting against your own team in an elite season, just because you care more about being right than you do about your favorite team having one of their best seasons in their history.
You clearly haven’t read the breadth of my posts in even this one thread. Glad you found a foothold somewhere within this one post you quoted, though.... a foothold for you to launch into one of your branded, classic enactments of how to be an *******.

Last year there was noise in the national media about where the Conley trade might rank on the worst trades in the league over the last decade. We’ve certainly come roaring out of the gate. I love it. But why should I use 25 games (and a currently injured Conley) to erase history? What exactly has this team proven?

Is it possible that Mike was off last year and the new system was a tough adjustment? It wasn’t just the system... last year he didn’t make shots he normally would. Not sure it’s all just the system. The criticism was fair. The payoff on the trade is still pending so no one should be beating their chest just yet. I’m rooting for him and the trade to be deemed a success. It looks like it’s headed the right way.

With Conley in that game their would have been no need for Terminator Mitchell's endgame violence.
But...but...but I like Terminator Mitchell's violence, at any time in the game. :oops:

Is it possible that Mike was off last year and the new system was a tough adjustment? It wasn’t just the system... last year he didn’t make shots he normally would. Not sure it’s all just the system. The criticism was fair. The payoff on the trade is still pending so no one should be beating their chest just yet. I’m rooting for him and the trade to be deemed a success. It looks like it’s headed the right way.

I’m sure he felt a lot of pressure to succeed and on top of it the weird benching then undoing of that surely didn’t help his confidence. He started to really get it going in the bubble.

Here is the problem. Dudes last year we’re having full blown meltdowns about him. Also the super annoying "We gave up SO many assets for him" schtick.

Level heads were taking everything into consideration. I have never personally wanted a player to fail on the Jazz. That would be idiotic. It seemed like multiple people were almost happy that Conley wasn’t playing good. Super weird time on this board.

Oh God, the irony in this post.
...The irony of evoking God whilst appealing to rationality.

Do we need to discuss the track record of diminutive guards over 30? There are multiple histories vying for attention here. I’m sure you think your history is the only one, though.

...The irony of evoking God whilst appealing to rationality.

Do we need to discuss the track record of diminutive guards over 30? There are multiple histories vying for attention here. I’m sure you think your history is the only one, though.
I like how this guy is still trying to argue that Conley is washed up because of a small sample size last year while simultaneously saying that this year is too small a sample size to say he isn't.

Admitting you were wrong about Conley really isn't as painful or terrifying as you think it is. Try it out.

Why...
I like how this guy is still trying to argue that Conley is washed up because of a small sample size last year while simultaneously saying that this year is too small a sample size to say he isn't.

Admitting you were wrong about Conley really isn't as painful or terrifying as you think it is. Try it out.
i like how you’re slandering my actual take on this issue and then acting like you can put me on blast in front of all JFC. Let’s me know who I’m working with.

Why...

i like how you’re slandering my actual take on this issue and then acting like you can put me on blast in front of all JFC. Let’s me know who I’m working with.
Or you can keep doubling down, that works too. At least nobody can ever accuse you of not sticking to your guns.

On your take that Conley's first few months in a brand new system is what we should all be focusing more on, instead of his excellent play since then.
“First few months”? I think I know enough about you to know that I should ask for you to be more specific. Kinda funny to see your vagueness, tbh... Your frustration is burning so bright that I assume you have some specifics.

“First few months”? I think I know enough about you to know that I should ask for you to be more specific. Kinda funny to see your vagueness, tbh... Your frustration is burning so bright that I assume you have some specifics.
Ah man, gaslighting and troll-baiting. Very nice - you do it well.

But the first few months obviously refer to the period of time last season when he was not playing well.