What's new

Hayward has agreed to an offer with Hornets

Damn.

Time for Utah to put up or shut-up.

Props to Hayward for playing the FA game correctly and getting the $$$.

When Andre got his max deal it really put me off, but now I have come to realize that this is the curse of the NBA. I blame it on the agents, they keep telling the players that they are worth more and it fills their heads with delusions. They really should have given him what he wanted in an exception. Now it is probably more with means to try and make it hard to match. And then, even if they match it, it will limit what we can do in the future. We can't come close to max on every up and coming talent that the team gets. Twelve for Favors, max for Hayward, eight to ten for Burks, ten for Trey, eight to ten for Kanter, max for Exum, How much is a 7'2 center with the wingspan of a condor going to demand if he gets as good as we think he can? Hayward is a support player, you don't pay them over ten mil if you expect to go anywhere. Add to that that he has the self confidence of a chinchilla and I am starting to agree, don't match.

I think we could get Noah Vonleh from them. They drafted Zeller last year....

Micheal Jordan still making bad decisions....

Hayward at 16 mil a year for 4 years? Not no. Not hell no. But **** no.

I'm not saying they should, but I'm pretty confident the Jazz will match. Why would they let someone of Hayward's caliber walk for nothing without having someone to replace him. It's clear that Parsons will get a max offer now as well.

Lol someone maxed him. S/T this bitch and move on.

Id ask for Vonleh and Gerald Henderson.

Sign Francisco Garcia (start him until Hood is ready).

Burke / Exum
Burks / Henderson
Garcia / Hood / Novak
Kanter / Vonleh / Evans
Favors / Gobert

Well his agent was right. Someone was willing to give him a max contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was all on board with this match no matter what and deal with it later mentality. I can't help but think that contract will be one we will be dying to attach multiple 1st round picks to get rid of two years from now.

Hahaha!

Charlotte signed big al and now maxed Gordon?

Is isiah Thomas running the bobcats? Oh, Michael Jordan? Still makes sense...

Let Charlotte screw themselves with crappy jazz leftovers.

Ouch. 16 mil...Jazz match this. I take them at their word.

I probably wouldn't match. There is no shortage of dumb owners in this league. Burks and Exum can provide the extra playmaking Hayward gives you.

How can anyone in their right mind think Hayward is worth $15m+ dollars a year. DL please do not match that offer. Call Parson's agent and say we have a contract for 4 years $44m on the table for your client.