What's new

Hayward homerism

Utesnjazz

Hi I am New to the board but long time lurker. I am just getting a little fed up with everyone in the Jazz organization saying how great Gordon is. Harping and Locke are incredibly bad at this. They have repeatedly criticized Favors Burke Burks and anyone else. When Gordon dribbles the ball off his foot in clutch time they act like it never happened. Don't get me wrong Gordon is a decent player but you are blind if you think he is even close to the best or most valuable player on this team. He does make the most money though, with that should come the most amount of criticism. And another thing why are we trying to make him the face of the franchise when we only have him for 1 more year. From what I see I am not sure he likes it here. I do strongly believe Favors, Burks, and gobert want to be here and will take less to play here. I am not saying this to stir **** but remember how shocked we were when Deron was traded? I could see the same thing happen with Hayward.

Well, I do think you bring up a good point, that Hayward has been dribbling off his foot for a while now. It's a perpetual problem. He'll do what they call a double slot white spin, it's a play Snyder is fond of calling, and what happens is the ball then goes off his foot. The other thing you mentioned, that he doesn't like it in SLC, well, we all know Hayward prefers Indiana and North Dakota. And we're never going to be able to match the farmlife of those regions. However, Hayward is ranked diamond in SCII, I think you're missing that. He has shown the ability to really fight to the end and win it all.

- Craig

Every single team in the league would kill to take on Hayward's contract.

I'm starting to think Hayward's performance last season was just a mirage. Already into his 6th season in the NBA, I think it's safe to say "he is what he is".

I'm starting to think Hayward's performance last season was just a mirage. Already into his 6th season in the NBA, I think it's safe to say "he is what he is".

Yeah he is a borderline all star. That's what he is.

Hayward is fine guys. He and favors are the best on the team right now. Rudy may get an offensive game and pass both of them up, but like siro said, there are 29 other teams who would gladly take Hayward. We are lucky to have him.

Hayward contract includes a player option in the 2017/18 season. If he fails this season Jazz have to trade him in the next season.

and the Jazz are a "borderline" playoff team because of it. Borderline = not good enough.

Yeah you're right. Better trade him for Stephen curry before the rest of the world finds out he sucks. Or maybe we could get that Le baron guy who plays with the lumberjack dude in ohio?

Andre Igoudala didnt win Finals MVP?

All I'm saying is that we should take it for what it is. Hopefully a championship caliber player comes around but it's not Hayward. Iguodala is not the face of the Warriors franchise. I believe it's someone else...

All I'm saying is that we should take it for what it is. Hopefully a championship caliber player comes around but it's not Hayward. Iguodala is not the face of the Warriors franchise. I believe it's someone else...

Andrew bogurt is injured a lot to be the face of a franchise.

Andrew bogurt is injured a lot to be the face of a franchise.

Don't be foolish, you know who I'm talking about. It's not a point of whether we should trade Hayward or not, it's just a matter of being realistic and not elevating him to 'godlike' standards and other nonsense I've read around these parts. He's a very good player, that's as much as I can see in him...

Don't be foolish, you know who I'm talking about. It's not a point of whether we should trade Hayward or not, it's just a matter of being realistic and not elevating him to 'godlike' standards and other nonsense I've read around these parts. He's a very good player, that's as much as I can see in him...

Everyone in the league values Hayward just a little higher than klay Thompson.

Side note: I saw klay Thompson get dropped off by a cougar at Grand America last year in a mid 2000s Mercedes. King of a weird occurrence. I can't believe he is the face of the golden state franchise. That goatee is terrible. The franchise face would look better without it.