What's new

Hayward homerism

Hayward is slumping big time

hes shooting under 40% his APG are down too.....he's really struggling big time.

Yeah you're right. Better trade him for Stephen curry before the rest of the world finds out he sucks. Or maybe we could get that Le baron guy who plays with the lumberjack dude in ohio?
You're the one saying that 29 NBA teams are salivating to have Hayward on their team. If he truly is valued that highly around the league, ****...let's see what we could get in return.

Andre Iguodala was the face of the post A.I. 76ers franchise though... I'd say he's probably not the best example to compare to Hayward (if your aim is to paint him in a positive light)..

I'd also say Andre Iguodala has a gold medal playing for Team USA.. Hayward isn't going to make that team in 2016..

Borderline all stars don't win championships.

We pick the winners to be allstars and dub them "stars." Players with similar stats, capabilities, etc, on lesser teams are foregone. So you could argue that championships leads allstars as much as allstars leading to championships.

The Pistons had one allstar before their championship (B. Wallace), four after (Billips, Hamilton, B. Wallace, R. Wallace). Were these three guys that much better individually during their championship year, or were they rewarded for being major contributors to a championship team? You know the answer to the question: how many allstar games would Hamilton have made if had a career with the Timberwolves or Kings?

Imagine Duncan drafted by the Clippers who make the playoffs a few times but never get past the second round. Would he be in the "all-time great" category? Or would we be saying "well, he has really great talent but could not translate that into championships because he could not take over a game like MJ or Kobe?"

Or imagine Dominique Wilkins drafted by the Celtics. Not hard to imagine him being in the "all-time top 10" players list and citing him as the reason for their titles.

So it is easy to say "you must have a superstar to win a title" because we dub our champions as superstars. It becomes a tautology.

Hayward is slumping big time

hes shooting under 40% his APG are down too.....he's really struggling big time.

In Gordon's defense the dip in assist is what's to be expected. He is always on the court with at least two players who can handle the ball. That has never really happen in his career before.

Hi I am New to the board but long time lurker. I am just getting a little fed up with everyone in the Jazz organization saying how great Gordon is. Harping and Locke are incredibly bad at this. They have repeatedly criticized Favors Burke Burks and anyone else. When Gordon dribbles the ball off his foot in clutch time they act like it never happened. Don't get me wrong Gordon is a decent player but you are blind if you think he is even close to the best or most valuable player on this team. He does make the most money though, with that should come the most amount of criticism. And another thing why are we trying to make him the face of the franchise when we only have him for 1 more year. From what I see I am not sure he likes it here. I do strongly believe Favors, Burks, and gobert want to be here and will take less to play here. I am not saying this to stir **** but remember how shocked we were when Deron was traded? I could see the same thing happen with Hayward.

I don't mind discussion about players slumping but to just attack a player with outlandish accusations to make someone look bad is ridiculous, and either makes u sound like a complete idiot or the worlds worst troll/alt. So which is it? Here's some much needed rep of the negatory variety.

Since u hate the players on this team, go be a Lakers fan, or a Knicks fan! Go live it up on those fan boards. Hell!!! Go lick Kobe's *** since u hate the Jazz, long time lurker.

I don't mind discussion about players slumping but to just attack a player with outlandish accusations to make someone look bad is ridiculous, and either makes u sound like a complete idiot or the worlds worst troll/alt. So which is it? Here's some much needed rep of the negatory variety.

Since u hate the players on this team, go be a Lakers fan, or a Knicks fan! Go live it up on those fan boards. Hell!!! Go lick Kobe's *** since u hate the Jazz, long time lurker.

Or u could have a smorgasbord with Carmello's ***. I here the Knicks have been up and coming for the last 15 years!!

Some posters are just straight dumb as ****. Hard to say otherwise. They are ready to anoint Alec as the team's best scorer, then he goes 2/13 from the field.

Not to mention, Hayward is the player who has the team's best defender guarding him.

Orlando actually stuck Tobias Harris, who is a renowned awful defender who can barely stay in front of SF's, on Burks.

You know why Burks has been able to have 2 really good 2nd halves in the Miami/Cleveland games? Because teams loaded up to stop Hayward in the 2nd half after he dominated them in the 1st.

Hayward is averaging 19 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assist in November and this is all while he is struggling. He is still putting up really good numbers despite not playing his best and JFC is ready to call him "average" and "not good enough". GTFO

And he only averages 2 turnovers per game despite being a primary ball-handler (a lot of those are dropped passes), so GTFO with this myth that he constantly dribbles off his foot.

Yeah, I don't know we haven't traded Gordo for LeBron or Curry. What is the FO waiting for? Everyone knows Hayward isn't the best player in the league. Don't know why he's still here tbh.

He gets a pass because he is white.

LOL at borderline all star. That a funny word. Ty Lawson was a borderline allstar Point is many are": borderline" all stars when they platy on teams that are not very good. Jazz have made it so Haywards plays with the ball in his hands. He would of been a good 3d player had they cho-sed to take his game down that route but Jazz wanted him as a ball handler and to ignite the offense. Could of been a better version of Danny Green

He gets a pass because he is white.

LOL at borderline all star. That a funny word. Ty Lawson was a borderline allstar Point is many are": borderline" all stars when they platy on teams that are not very good. Jazz have made it so Haywards plays with the ball in his hands. He would of been a good 3d player had they cho-sed to take his game down that route but Jazz wanted him as a ball handler and to ignite the offense. Could of been a better version of Danny Green

Idiot.

Please provide insight while im wrong instead of name calling because you don't want to hear the things I say to edited while im edited down

I can't speak for tonster, but all edited tell me it's you that likes getting edited down with the edited strappy. Well, not all of them, but that's what my fatties say.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I definitely don't hate Hayward or anyone on this team. I love this team. Hayward is a good player, as I said earlier. All I am saying is Hayward shouldn't be coddled. He should take way more grief than he does for his multiple late game turnovers. Hell he has dribbled the ball off his foot 4 times in the forth quarter this year. He is good, but he sure as hell deserves some criticism.

Also I am not saying he will leave, but I wouldn't put it past him. I also think the Jazz know this and would definitely trade him if a good opportunity came up. I think Hayward is a solid enough player that he could be part of a package that could get a star player.