What's new

Hayward to Boston

I still can't get how chances of winning a championship is higher with Celtics.
Higher chances of reaching the finals yes but winning it, I still believe, the best chance is with the Jazz.

But I guess that's just me.

I wonder how the Celtics looks like after this season with Bradley, Smart and IT are up for new contracts.

Eh. He's a grown man with a family. If this is what he wants, then so be it. It's disappointing, but it doesn't change much for me as a Jazz fan right now.

DL effed up by not giving him the 5 year max coming off his rookie contract. Hayward has bet on himself repeatedly and come up a winner. This time, he made an emotional decision highly influenced by one of the most important people in his life. Unfortunately, I think it was the wrong decision. I don't think Boston does anything of significance over the next 4 years, while the Jaxz will be fighting and clawing their way through the bloodbath of the Western Conference. Best defensive center in the game right now and a lunch-pail, go to work mentality.

Hopefully, the players respond appropriately and the front office buckles down and figures out how to continue to make this team a contender. Now, more than ever, the Jazz need to adopt a 2004 Pistons mentality. Us against the world and we're not going to back down an inch.
So if DL would have gave him that contact after his rookie deal ended then hayward wouldn't love Brad Stevens any more and his wife wouldn't want to live in boston?

I don't think it mattered. Probably would have may happened next off season instead of now imo. He didn't want to be here and never has wanted to.

I still can't get how chances of winning a championship is higher with Celtics.
Higher chances of reaching the finals yes but winning it, I still believe, the best chance is with the Jazz.

But I guess that's just me.

I wonder how the Celtics looks like after this season with Bradley, Smart and IT are up for new contracts.

Its a grass is greener(no pun) situation.

Yeah. He left. This actually happens in sports all the time. He's not a bad person. He's not a traitor. He's just a basketball player.

Time to move on. Jazz still have a franchise player. . . and guess what? It's not Gordon Hayward. Rudy Gobert is going to be on a mission from this moment to make this team his. I'm hella excited about guys that WANT to be in Utah like Gobert and Rubio and Mitchell and Joe Jesus and Jingles and Hood. Plus, there's no way that DL sits pat and does nothing.

This team will still be Quin's masterpiece. He's not going to throw in the towel. He's going to push his guys to get better, play harder, be meaner. I'm glad that he's going to be the leader moving forward.

Yeah, on one hand it's great a mentally fragile guy like Hayward is gone.

Utah v Celtics in SL on Thursday. I hope he arena is packed and the fans throw all their Hayward merchandise into the court.

So if DL would have gave him that contact after his rookie deal ended then hayward wouldn't love Brad Stevens any more and his wife wouldn't want to live in boston?

I don't think it mattered. Probably would have may happened next off season instead of now imo. He didn't want to be here and never has wanted to.

Difference is another year with Rudy to see how good they were, more data.

**** you gaylord or gayward or traitor or whatever the **** your name is. We had the better team where you could get even better than a ball dominant point guard in isaiah thomas. We could have offered more money, better team, also brought the players back you wanted, including getting a new one. Also closer to san diego than boston. **** you hayward and don't let the door hit your *** on the way out. Thanks for the stupid article as well to delay the jazz in a replacement with how fast all these free agents are getting taken.

Good thing about all this for me personally is that I never really liked hayward all that much.
Hated when we picked him. Then always thought he was a worse player than most fans all through his rookie deal. Then didn't want the Jazz to match the Charlotte offer.
Last year was the first year that I thought he was a really good player and though I wanted him to stay, I thought he would be overpaid and not on the level of the top max guys.

I have lots of Jazz gear. I have a favors jersey, burks jersey, gobert jersey, Millsap jersey, and even had a Kris humphreys jersey. I have a hood t-shirt and an exum t shirt. Nothing hayward related. Never liked his artitude/personality or style.

**** him

(Maybe Burks gets more minutes now! )

I don't think so. Even if he was given the max, I still think he would leave.
The bro-mance is that strong.

Difference is another year with Rudy to see how good they were, more data.
Ya, maybe he stays around. Still might leave though.

He gives a million reasons why he should stay in Utah but ultimately doesn't. The words don't match the actions.

Good thing about all this for me personally is that I never really liked hayward all that much.
Hated when we picked him. Then always thought he was a worse player than most fans all through his rookie deal. Then didn't want the Jazz to match the Charlotte offer.
Last year was the first year that I thought he was a really good player and though I wanted him to stay, I thought he would be overpaid and not on the level of the top max guys.

I have lots of Jazz gear. I have a favors jersey, burks jersey, gobert jersey, Millsap jersey, and even had a Kris humphreys jersey. I have a hood t-shirt and an exum t shirt. Nothing hayward related. Never liked his artitude/personality or style.

**** him

(Maybe Burks gets more minutes now! )

This may be a perfect storm for Alec. I hope he feels motivated even more by this opportunity.

I didn't read his self-ingratiating essay. He left a) to get more TV airtime in a bigger market, b) to make the All Star team in the easier conference, and c) because he believes Brad Stevens will make him a featured player. Maybe Boston becomes an automatic EC finalist.

Locke mentioned that 2 weeks ago when he seemed to be greasing us for him leaving.

The low ball RFA offer really stuck in Haywards ***.

And you are correct, that is the only reason he was an UFA this year.

This is on DL.

Hayward worked his *** off and gave us everything.

I'm not cheering for him OR booing.

Really, He got his little feelings hurt after a down year and that is the reason why he is leaving. If his wife wanted to move we could have had him under contract for another year but then he leaves. Hayward should have just been up front about it if he wanted to leave, maybe the Jazz could have traded him for something.

Gordon has the right to chose his life but he better produce in Boston or he will regret this decision. Boston media will eat him alive. Worse thing about it is I live in NH and I am going to have see his face and hear all the talk about Gordon.

Ten bucks Ainge doesn't show his face at summer league tomorrow.