What's new

Hayward's Recent Stretch

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Hayward is averaging 25 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 3.5 APG and shooting 50% from the field (104-208) over the past 12 games. This recent stretch includes five 30-point games.

I did some research on what his numbers were looking like lately because he's been beasting it.

With the way he's played these past two games I bet he moves up the MVP ladder the next time it is updated.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Pretty good sample size too.

#dialedin

In the fourth today he calmly hit a three followed by a step back two to curb the run by the Wizards and effectively put the game out of reach for them. Looked every bit the part of an all star. He has matured into what I had hoped he would. Naysayers be damned!

In the fourth today he calmly hit a three followed by a step back two to curb the run by the Wizards and effectively put the game out of reach for them. Looked every bit the part of an all star. He has matured into what I had hoped he would. Naysayers be damned!

Never ever a naysayer, always a loyal fan, but it is gratifying to see Hayward delivering in crunch time. Starting to look like he belongs in the rarified air of Lebron and Steph. Wish he'd get some national endorsement deals, so he's not tempted to leave.

It's crazy he's doing this on such a slow paced team. I hope he gets the third team all NBA and we can give him the mega Max next year.

If he does that, he likely opts in to his last year of his contract and signs a huge deal after that's up, because he'd be eligible for the largest percentage of the cap. It's basically the best case scenario for us, as he is one of the top players in the league at that point and is locked in long term.

Its been really cool to see Gordon progress from his first year to the current animal he has become. He's worked hard I'm glad he's gettting recognized around the league.

It's crazy he's doing this on such a slow paced team. I hope he gets the third team all NBA and we can give him the mega Max next year.

If he does that, he likely opts in to his last year of his contract and signs a huge deal after that's up, because he'd be eligible for the largest percentage of the cap. It's basically the best case scenario for us, as he is one of the top players in the league at that point and is locked in long term.

Looks like a player has to be named All-NBA at least twice to be eligible for that. https://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16
A first round draft pick who completed all four years of his rookie scale contract, or a second round draft pick or an undrafted player who has four years of service, is eligible to receive a higher maximum salary if he meets certain criteria, called the "5th Year 30% Max" criteria:

* Named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team at least twice
* Voted as a starter in the All-Star game at least twice
* Named the NBA Most Valuable Player at least once

Everyone is saying he can. I think you can get 1 all-star and 1 nba all team and be eligible.
Who is "everyone"? Larry Coon is pretty darn accurate. I can see how maybe 1 all star and 1 all NBA in different years could be something he overlooked, but I doubt twice in the same year qualifies.

Who is "everyone"? Larry Coon is pretty darn accurate. I can see how maybe 1 all star and 1 all NBA in different years could be something he overlooked, but I doubt twice in the same year qualifies.

The CBA FAQ is the gold standard, but it covers the 2011 CBA. The 2017 CBA made changes and additions to the qualification criteria. Here was my breakdown from a couple of months ago on Hayward's options:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=42729511&nid=304

Pretty happy that the Knick's Pick that we waited forever on turned out to be Hayward. Thanks Ben Handlogten!

I think it was actually Keon Clark

According to Wikipedia, it was both!

On February 12, 2004, Utah acquired Tom Gugliotta, New York's 2004 and 2010 first-round picks, a 2005 second-round pick and cash considerations from Phoenix in exchange for Keon Clark and Ben Handlogten.[29] Previously, Phoenix acquired Antonio McDyess, Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Maciej Lampe, the draft rights to Miloš Vujanić, two first-round picks and cash considerations on January 5, 2004 from New York in exchange for Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway and Cezary Trybański.[30]

Edit: The 2005 pick was Kirk Snyder.

According to Wikipedia, it was both!

On February 12, 2004, Utah acquired Tom Gugliotta, New York's 2004 and 2010 first-round picks, a 2005 second-round pick and cash considerations from Phoenix in exchange for Keon Clark and Ben Handlogten.[29] Previously, Phoenix acquired Antonio McDyess, Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Maciej Lampe, the draft rights to Miloš Vujanić, two first-round picks and cash considerations on January 5, 2004 from New York in exchange for Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway and Cezary Trybański.[30]

Edit: The 2005 pick was Kirk Snyder.

That's right. Now I remember. It wasn't actually the 2010 pick. The Knicks just owed us a first round pick and they had to give us one by 2010 but they kept holding onto it because they couldn't get out of the lottery and then in 2010 they could no longer delay giving it to us.