What's new

help...Public school blues.

Yeah I see that tutoring can be helpful, but her class seems to be structured in such a way that she is doing it too often. She should also be given the time and instruction to advance her own proficiency and it doesn't seem to be happening. I think I will just have to do what I can do from home and if the situation doesn't improve by the end of the year I will either be moving to a better school or shelling out for a private one. Those school grades that came out did not impress me. Although her school wasn't at the bottom a closer look reveals that it was the bell curve not the students proficiency that was their saving grace.

Yeah I see that tutoring can be helpful, but her class seems to be structured in such a way that she is doing it too often. She should also be given the time and instruction to advance her own proficiency and it doesn't seem to be happening. I think I will just have to do what I can do from home and if the situation doesn't improve by the end of the year I will either be moving to a better school or shelling out for a private one. Those school grades that came out did not impress me. Although her school wasn't at the bottom a closer look reveals that it was the bell curve not the students proficiency that was their saving grace.

A lot of this depends on what they are tutoring. If a kid is ready for division, but spends their math period tutoring other kids in addition and subtraction, that kid is only going to learn so much. Once they have addition mastered, continually helping other kids with it won't do squat to help them learn division.