What's new

Hey DutchJazzer, please read this well...

the arab muslim thing is not personal.
it just like to some people chinese japanese and korean are the same.
in a way that is ignorant of me I know. seeing as it is not the same. i apologize and hope you dont hold that againast me.

but the risk reward factor is IMHO opinion a bit high.

i personally have nothing against arabs, muslim(all kinds). i have not been brought up that way.
mosque-and-synagogue.jpg

40604022.jpg

this is the country i'm from in case you did not notice it is a synagoge and mosque peacefull next to eachother it is the way i was brought up.

but from experience of family members/friends. not all jews and muslims can live peacefull with each other. so it is a risk for me to go to a muslim and or arab country. because even though i have nothing against them they might have something against any jew(me).

so there is a risk(albeit a small one) but everything I do in real live I weigh the reward vs risk.

we are cool,i dont have any issues with jews,,been to israel several times,have friends there too,and place he asks you to visit is far far from being any danger to you,,even last summer 237.000 people visited antalya district from israel.but if you feel unsafe,dont come

je bent ineed wecome

Dutch this does not make sense because it translates literally. The way things are phrased from one language to another is very different.

For example in English you would say "I bought a new car" in Spanish it would be "I bought a car new"

Dutch this does not make sense because it translates literally. The way things are phrased from one language to another is very different.

For example in English you would say "I bought a new car" in Spanish it would be "I bought a car new"

so true,,like in english you say"i love you forever" in thai it would be"hey misterrrr,,me love you long tiimee"

so true,,like in english you say"i love you forever" in thai it would be"hey misterrrr,,me love you long tiimee"

To both of you... Are you interested in learning foreign languages?

i alllready speak like zillion languages...so no :)

I hope you didn't get me like I'm offering some language learning course...:)

I was just gonna ask for advice about learning Greek. If I nail it I will consider myself too as a speaker of zillions langs .

I hope you didn't get me like I'm offering some language learning course...:)

I was just gonna ask for advice about learning Greek. If I nail it I will consider myself too as a speaker of zillions langs .

why would u wanna learn greek?(only 9 million speaks the language),why not learn cantonese or mandarin,or russian,maybe japanese.or spanish(most spoken language by number of countries)

why would u wanna learn greek?(only 9 million speaks the language),why not learn cantonese or mandarin,or russian,maybe japanese.or spanish(most spoken language by number of countries)

I have a close greek friend and we are trying to communicate through russian german and english but failing for quality conversations. And as a language enthusiastic I'm trying to learn all of the langs you've counted at the same time but I only create new weird langs while trying to speak them, as a normal result.

My mind is like MS Windows that hasn't been formatted for years...

I've been there. It's beautiful. I was stationed in Turkey for 2 years and I'd go back in a heart beat.

I have a close greek friend and we are trying to communicate through russian german and english but failing for quality conversations. And as a language enthusiastic I'm trying to learn all of the langs you've counted at the same time but I only create new weird langs while trying to speak them, as a normal result.

My mind is like MS Windows that hasn't been formatted for years...

let him or her:)) ) learn english,easier for both of you..i used to work with malaysian people back in sweden.Malaysia is a multi-cultural country where people speak mandarin,cantonese,malay and tamil(language from southern india and northern sri-lanka).i worked with these people(one spoke cantonese,other spoke mandarin,one spoke tamil,,all could speak malay) for several years,and now i speak a language called cantonese style mandarin based tamil malaysian.:)

let him or her:)) ) learn english,easier for both of you..i used to work with malaysian people back in sweden.Malaysia is a multi-cultural country where people speak mandarin,cantonese,malay and tamil(language from southern india and northern sri-lanka).i worked with these people(one spoke cantonese,other spoke mandarin,one spoke tamil,,all could speak malay) for several years,and now i speak a language called cantonese style mandarin based tamil malaysian.:)

Haha... Sounds like a French menu...:D

Yep, over by Adana.

cool,,thats where im at now,,i have a close friend(contractor) from incirlik..and i did 3 years at camp speicher/tikrit/iraq.from 2006 to 2009.i was a airforce(redhorse 557th) contractor

If you are in the U.S. and you want to learn a language to help you get ahead financially than Mandarin, Farsi or Arabic is a must. Other languages do not even compare.