What's new

Hill now the most overrated player on Jazzfanz

magic

That title used to belong to Hayward, but Hill has undoubtedly snatched that from him. Re-signing him for anything more than $10M a year would be mind-boggling. Yet many posters here are ok with paying him around $20M, when we can get a better player like Deron Williams for probably nearly half the price.

The overwhelming majority of Hill's good games come against **** teams. He performs poorly against playoff teams (-29 today for example). And a core of Hill, Hayward, and Gobert is destined to be 2nd round playoff team at best.

We should not resign Hill unless he's ok with being a $10M or less backup point guard. And even then, if we can sign D-Will, that's what we should do instead.

He can take his 34m/y services to the Nets. Like I've been saying, he's a good player, and he's better than he's shown lately, but his hot season start was an anomaly. If you can't sign him for 20m at most, great, otherwise get someone cheaper. It won't be much of a drop with Collison or Mills.

What is Hill's current Jazzfanz rating?

It's good we haven't resigned him yet that way he still has to prove himself.

When he was hot we were playing at an elite level. He may be playing hurt, who knows.

I bet he takes big $$$ from somewhere, let him walk. Lets trade a both our first this year, next years, Rodney Hood and Trey Lyle's for Devin Booker :cool:

It's good we haven't resigned him yet that way he still has to prove himself.

When he was hot we were playing at an elite level. He may be playing hurt, who knows.

I bet he takes big $$$ from somewhere, let him walk. Lets trade a both our first this year, next years, Rodney Hood and Trey Lyle's for Devin Booker :cool:
Suns tell us to **** off

He isn't healthy... he's not the guy he started the year off as but turf toe is no joke. Bad news is it won't get better.

But the jazz rarely even play games on turf

Something just hasn't felt right since the non-extension. The guy is going for max money and I can't blame him, but it seems like since then his play has been under more scrutiny from fans and he hasn't performed particularly well (even if he's injured)

That title used to belong to Hayward, but Hill has undoubtedly snatched that from him. Re-signing him for anything more than $10M a year would be mind-boggling. Yet many posters here are ok with paying him around $20M, when we can get a better player like Deron Williams for probably nearly half the price.

The overwhelming majority of Hill's good games come against **** teams. He performs poorly against playoff teams (-29 today for example). And a core of Hill, Hayward, and Gobert is destined to be 2nd round playoff team at best.

We should not resign Hill unless he's ok with being a $10M or less backup point guard. And even then, if we can sign D-Will, that's what we should do instead.

Hill is not worth the max, of course. That being said, $10M in today's NBA is basically pocket change; that is the amount of money that a player like Deron may get right now if very lucky. And Deron is not - at this point - a starter on a good team: he can't drive, can't defend, can't move well, but he has some smarts and likes to shoot. In other words: Deron is a rich-man's Shelvin Mack.

Hill is in an completelly different category. He is not playing at an All-Star level, of course, but is near that. Despite his age, he's still mobile and is a good defender; Hill has also a good stroke. I hope to see more of a playmaking ability from him - and I'm not talking about his assists total, what has caught my attention is that his passes are sometimes not as crisp as you would like from your starting PG. That being said, he is still a good player at this poing, unlike Deron.

This offseason, I would offer Hill a four-year deal at 15M/y - for starters. He would refuse and I would go as far as 20M/y. To Deron I would offer a bag of Doritos - since I would not like to sign him at all.

Hill is not worth the max, of course. That being said, $10M in today's NBA is basically pocket change; that is the amount of money that a player like Deron may get right now if very lucky. And Deron is not - at this point - a starter on a good team: he can't drive, can't defend, can't move well, but he has some smarts and likes to shoot. In other words: Deron is a rich-man's Shelvin Mack.

Hill is in an completelly different category. He is not playing at an All-Star level, of course, but is near that. Despite his age, he's still mobile and is a good defender; Hill has also a good stroke. I hope to see more of a playmaking ability from him - and I'm not talking about his assists total, what has caught my attention is that his passes are sometimes not as crisp as you would like from your starting PG. That being said, he is still a good player at this poing, unlike Deron.

This offseason, I would offer Hill a four-year deal at 15M/y - for starters. He would refuse and I would go as far as 20M/y. To Deron I would offer a bag of Doritos - since I would not like to sign him at all.

I haven't watched many of D-Will's games, but statistically it looks like he can still play and in the games he played against us he looked just as good if not better than Hill. The Cavs, a championship contender, also signed him as insurance to Irving potentially getting injured, so I think you may be undervaluing D-Will.

Regarding Hill, playing near all-star level against terrible teams and then playing at a poor back-up point guard level against playoff teams is much different than playing near all-star level in general.

Event though $10M is not as much as it used to be, that would be much closer to Hill's value in terms of us building a championship team. If we wanted to be a middling team, sure $15-20M would be market value. But if we want to win a championship, we would need to spend that money on pay someone who can consistently perform well against playoff teams.