What's new

Hmmmm you don’t say?

It cracks me up how much traction a "rumor" like Mitchell wanting a bigger market can get. Nothing was ever even confirmed, it was nearly pure conjecture and smacked of a guy asking somebody that knows DM "hey your guy wants to play in NY some day right? Maybe Miami?" and the guys says "yeah sure, I guess" then turning around and reporting it like a scoop. But I have read so so many "rumors" and trade ideas lately that start with some version of "Mitchell wants out of Utah, so here is how he can come to [team X]", followed by ridiculously one-sided "trades" to get him here. One of them has him going to Philly for Simmons and Harris, but of course also with the Jazz giving up Bojan, Ingles, O'Neale and/or JC and picks. Yeah we are gutting our team and destroying our team identity to get Harris and Simmons. Saw another one that had us sending Mitchell, Bogey, Ingles and JC to Miami for a combination of no-names and Herro as the big draw. Absolutely hilarious how these guys approach this kind of ****. So stupid.
Trades and rumors of trades.

For the way the Utah Jazz fanbase treats him and Rudy so differently, do you blame him?
Maybe he’s the reason he gets treated differently and more and more fans can see which if the two guys has always actually been on our side?

Maybe he’s the reason he gets treated differently and more and more fans can see which if the two guys has always actually been on our side?
I don't think Donovan has said or done anything to send any indication that he's "not on our side"?

Don't confuse "could try harder on defense" with "not being a good member of the Jazz community".

I don't think Donovan has said or done anything to send any indication that he's "not on our side"?

Don't confuse "could try harder on defense" with "not being a good member of the Jazz community".
Idk, letting every bad rumor fester and surface, being given soft balls to address the issues by local media, and always avoiding and talking around direct questions doesn't give me the feeling he's in.

Idk, letting every bad rumor fester and surface, being given soft balls to address the issues by local media, and always avoiding and talking around direct questions doesn't give me the feeling he's in.
Thats not proof.

And what star goes out and addresses "moving on" rumors from tabloid websites?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I certainly agree that Donovan could do more to reassure the fanbase if he wanted to but I don't see it happening. I really think Donovan disengaged from the State of Utah following the murder of George Floyd and everything that happened afterwards.

It’s softballs. One word. Saying them separate takes a few minutes to realize you’re talking about softballs and not soft balls.

I certainly agree that Donovan could do more to reassure the fanbase if he wanted to but I don't see it happening. I really think Donovan disengaged from the State of Utah following the murder of George Floyd and everything that happened afterwards.
Nah, he'll just like tweets passive aggressively adding to the rumors and speculation around his relationship with he and his most important teammate. No need to make things better when you can make them worse. PS, every guy who said things post George Floyd got push back, Donovan's just a ****ing baby.

I promise you no athlete is on your side. They are doing what is best for them as an athlete and a person. But more directly any athlete for the Jazz who has read your specific posts is against you.

I promise you no athlete is on your side. They are doing what is best for them as an athlete and a person. But more directly any athlete for the Jazz who has read your specific posts is against you.
I can promise you athletes like Dame, Giannis, and even Rudy have done more than they have to for the respective cities they play.

Maybe, that still doesnt change what I said.
It does, because there are absolutely athletes who give extra to their cities/fanbase. Dame could very easily have went and jumped ship to a larger market with more endorsements and success long ago. Giannis got swept in the bubble by the Heat, and returned to Milwaukee. Sorry, but some guys are actually committed to their fanbase and city. Most guys aren’t. Some guys are totally fraudulent human beings.

It does, because there are absolutely athletes who give extra to their cities/fanbase. Dame could very easily have went and jumped ship to a larger market with more endorsements and success long ago. Giannis got swept in the bubble by the Heat, and returned to Milwaukee. Sorry, but some guys are actually committed to their fanbase and city. Most guys aren’t. Some guys are totally fraudulent human beings.
You are very naive. Remember when you thought the world of Mitchell and he was the greatest person on earth? I remember being a teenager though. So many emotions and new things to deal with, good luck!

You are very naive. Remember when you thought the world of Mitchell and he was the greatest person on earth? I remember being a teenager though. So many emotions and new things to deal with, good luck!
Lucky for me, your opinion doesn’t mean a thing to me lol.