What's new

Holy Dick Bavetta

The NBA said there were two incorrect calls in the last two minutes of regulation in the Lakers game leading to a point swing of at least four points against the Jazz.
Link?

If only we had challenged the charge call...

I do get Quin doesn't want to risk losing a time out at the end of a close game. And you still never know if the refs would have changed their call.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

I do get Quin doesn't want to risk losing a time out at the end of a close game. And you still never know if the refs would have changed their call.

It would be nice, but I’d put good money on them not overturning the call and then the L2M report stating it was correct call because Ersan was still moving.

Earlier in the game Clarkson made it personal with Foster earning him the Tech. The very next play Foster called an 'iffy' call on us.

When the Ersan blocking call happened my immediate gut reaction was that Foster was still bothered and didn't mind his whistle having a bit of an influence in the game. With the league ruling that call the way they have it just adds to the growing discontent I have for the leagues own determined 4th quarter report card and it's impact on our winning or losing close games.

It would be nice, but I’d put good money on them not overturning the call and then the L2M report stating it was correct call because Ersan was still moving.
They the judge jury and executioner... if allowed a review they’d have likely kept it as is and then the brotherhood would back em up.

Now it just looks bad for Quin... I can’t believe he didn’t challenge it. Why have Ersan out there if you aren’t gonna back him up on his chargeabilities?

Remember that challenge a couple weeks ago, where Oni went straight up, did not touch the shooter, and remained in perfect position the entire time on a three pointer? It took those morons seven to ten minutes of watching that to see if there was any way out of overturning the call before they realized there was just no way to possibly see it was a foul. They were never going to give Ersan the overturn there. The challenge when applied to anything other than possession or the clock is functionally useless. Holding the timeout was probably better.

Remember that challenge a couple weeks ago, where Oni went straight up, did not touch the shooter, and remained in perfect position the entire time on a three pointer? It took those morons seven to ten minutes of watching that to see if there was any way out of overturning the call before they realized there was just no way to possibly see it was a foul. They were never going to give Ersan the overturn there. The challenge when applied to anything other than possession or the clock is functionally useless. Holding the timeout was probably better.

well the refs hate to admit they are wrong, so they will analyze and analyze the footage for any evidence that they weren't possibly capable of being wrong. it f up but true.

well the refs hate to admit they are wrong, so they will analyze and analyze the footage for any evidence that they weren't possibly capable of being wrong. it f up but true.
That's why they need a separate crew to analyze replays, like in the NFL. Send it straight to Secaucus!

NBA Referee Interview

NBA: What would you consider your greatest Strength?

Potential Ref: I have an enormous ego!

NBA: You consider that a strength?

PR: Humm... My greatest strength is that I'm always right!

NBA: Which is it, your ego or that you're always right?

PR: Yes

NBA: I'm sorry. It can't be both.

PR: TECHNICAL FOUL, ON YOU!

NBA: Excuse me?

PR: That's it! Double Technical. YOU'RE EJECTED!!!

NBA: Perfect! You're hired!

I agree with this. Challenging a foul call seems to rarely work. There's some sort of hyper-teeny contact that can justify most calls.