What's new

Hood is the reason 3.0 (Thanks for reading)

Send him to NO with JJ and Favs, send Boogie somewhere else, send us something good from whoever.

Hypothetical Rodney trades:

Rod and Favs to Indiana for Big Al and their first rounder in 2018... they have the space to re-sign Rod and can run him at SF or off the bench. Big Al's deal is only $4m guaranteed so we cut him and eat that small amount of dough.

Rod to 76ers for their pick (they'd probably want it lotto protected doe).

Rod to the Pistons for their pick... we could take Boban for expirings to sweeten the deal if needed. I can't see them passing on a Thabo/Hood for Boban and 2018 pick deal... maybe get stanley Johnson in that deal... Play him 40 minutes a night for development and lose a lot.

We're not rooting against him. He's just not delivering and is about to get a massive payday from somebody.

Nor am I Rooting against him... But he has played very poor this season. And i've lost hope that it will turn around.

His fg% is a career low but his 39.6% three point percentage is a career best.

Sort of paradoxical.

Not sure how I feel. He’s def not a 1 or 2 option on a championship team and likely not a third imo.

That said , there’s not a lot of money to go around this summer. And shooting is really important. I wonder if we could get him on a 3 year/30M deal. Too much? Ridiculously hopeful?

We're not rooting against him. He's just not delivering and is about to get a massive payday from somebody.

Not at the rate he's producing. Nobody is giving a bench rotation player, a guy with a negative VORP, a ****** defensive rating in a system that's been howled about, a crap ts%, and offers nothing other than streak shooting a massive payday. If they do then it's great for the Jazz as it soaks up salary cap somewhere else. I hope the guy gets $20 million from somebody else. He's not going to, but hope and being a fan are one in the same.

He's only worth $10.

Maybe Orlando trades the pick to get rid of Biyombo (many think this is impossible otherwise) and replace him with Favors. Gordon at PF next to Favors at C could really work.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Not at the rate he's producing. Nobody is giving a bench rotation player, a guy with a negative VORP, a ****** defensive rating in a system that's been howled about, a crap ts%, and offers nothing other than streak shooting a massive payday. If they do then it's great for the Jazz as it soaks up salary cap somewhere else. I hope the guy gets $20 million from somebody else. He's not going to, but hope and being a fan are one in the same.

He's only worth $10.

only takes on a-hole and someone will miss out on their top target... I see no scenario, outside of a major injury, where he gets less than 15M a year. Youngish wings get paid... Hardaway Jr., Bazemore, Crabbe... OP Jr. is a tier above those guys for sure and he was a no brainer max contract.

We can replace what Rod brings to the table for half the price imo... if we can get an asset too then awesome.

At the beginning of the season Hood didn't sign the extension that was offered. Does anyone know how much as offered?

It was an interesting year for him to prove his value without Gordon. I think that his value is being established more and more. Johnny Bryant focused on him all off season and it hasn't paid off to date. He is absolutely a streaky shooter.

In spite of that, I think some of ya'll need to step away from the cliff's edge. I am confident that the Jazz will help him improve even if his value has not improved much from last year to this year.

There aren't many options that can avg 17 points per game at the SG spot. Most of them are getting over $17 million/yr. If this season spending is down during the FA run then we may be able to have him back for $15.5 or so.

I looked over FA and the only other option that may be more compelling is to send that type of money to sign Avery Bradley. He is averaging 15.7 ppg this year and is a lock down defender. But is Avery Bradley the type of guy we would want next to Mitchell? Does he stretch the floor enough? I think that should be the question surrounding EVERY acquisition. Is this the type of player we want playing next to Mitchell? Hood may be that player more than Bradley because he can stretch the floor... at least when he is 'on'.

Maybe Orlando trades the pick to get rid of Biyombo (many think this is impossible otherwise) and replace him with Favors. Gordon at PF next to Favors at C could really work.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I could see if they didn't have new management maybe... I think they would be more likely to trade Gordon, Fournier, Payton, etc. (at a premium in Gordon's case) and do a complete tear down.

I don't think they are desperate to get off of Biyombo's money... they don't really have a cap crunch coming and they have other moveable contracts that would not require an asset.

At the beginning of the season Hood didn't sign the extension that was offered. Does anyone know how much as offered?

It was an interesting year for him to prove his value without Gordon. I think that his value is being established more and more. Johnny Bryant focused on him all off season and it hasn't paid off to date. He is absolutely a streaky shooter.

In spite of that, I think some of ya'll need to step away from the cliff's edge. I am confident that the Jazz will help him improve even if his value has not improved much from last year to this year.

There aren't many options that can avg 17 points per game at the SG spot. Most of them are getting over $17 million/yr. If this season spending is down during the FA run then we may be able to have him back for $15.5 or so.

I looked over FA and the only other option that may be more compelling is to send that type of money to sign Avery Bradley. He is averaging 15.7 ppg this year and is a lock down defender. But is Avery Bradley the type of guy we would want next to Mitchell? Does he stretch the floor enough? I think that should be the question surrounding EVERY acquisition. Is this the type of player we want playing next to Mitchell? Hood may be that player more than Bradley because he can stretch the floor... at least when he is 'on'.

Guys like Will Barton, KCP, Wayne Ellington, Pat Conaughton, Joe Harris, will be available and some will be cheaper. Not direct replacements, but all could replace some of what Rod brings and all, except KCP, will likely be much cheaper. In the bargain basement bin you could sign Belinelli, Seth Curry, James Ennis.

There are also some flyer guys that may have something McCaw, Rashad Vaughn, Hezonja.

He's not irreplaceable. I like that he can get volume threes, but the inconsistent combined with the injuries are not worth the premium we will have to pay.

There are also trade options available... I think Atlanta would likely send Bazemore our way for AB given his contract... Wes Matthews could be available too. Those are stopgaps but they don't come with the multiyear commitment Hood will.

2018 isn't the year many of us are thinking about. 2019 is.

DStSgCNVwAAqySL.jpg:large

according to this hood is a disaster on defense

DStSgCNVwAAqySL.jpg:large

according to this, our worst offensive player is rubio. Our best defensive player is Udoh.
best offensive player is mitchel, but he's somehow a net negative on defense. Graphic doesn't tell the full story for mitchell on defense because he's had some really tough assignments. Now look at hood.

looking at some other teams, it seems that klay thompson is way below on defense, so the defensive metrics are skewed for sure.

long story short,
rubio is dreadful on offense
Mitchel is our best player
hood can't play defense
Ingles is efficient(still think we need to upgrade our SF position)
Favors is actually doing well on both o and d

Last edited: