What's new

Hood is the reason 3.0 (Thanks for reading)

His shot is fine. He had the 2nd highest off the dribble 3pt% in the month of December. Every shooter is going to have off games.

The problem is he doesnt really contribute outside of shooting. I thought he would try to do more playmaking stuff this year, but it seems like he is just going to be a really high level 6th man for his career.

His shot is fine. He had the 2nd highest off the dribble 3pt% in the month of December. Every shooter is going to have off games.

The problem is he doesnt really contribute outside of shooting. I thought he would try to do more playmaking stuff this year, but it seems like he is just going to be a really high level 6th man for his career.

high level?... only if he is on... IF his shot isn't falling bench his @$$

DStSgCNVwAAqySL.jpg:large

according to this, our worst offensive player is rubio. Our best defensive player is Udoh.
best offensive player is mitchel, but he's somehow a net negative on defense. Graphic doesn't tell the full story for mitchell on defense because he's had some really tough assignments. Now look at hood.

looking at some other teams, it seems that klay thompson is way below on defense, so the defensive metrics are skewed for sure.

long story short,
rubio is dreadful on offense
Mitchel is our best player
hood can't play defense
Ingles is efficient(still think we need to upgrade our SF position)
Favors is actually doing well on both o and d

This chart says that Udoh has been our most valuable player, followed by Ingles and then Favors. It confirms some of our biases (about Rubio and Hood), but it's a really simple view of reality.

Hood is a spot up shooter. He is pretty good at that. He is shooting 3s very well this season. He should have a green light to shoot threes.

He isn't a playmaker unfortunately. I thought he might develop more but he isn't. He isn't creative enough or athletic enough.

That said we need good shooters and that's what hood is. He plays decent defense within the system and shoots well. He is being asked to do more than he can do though. We need another playmaker to go along with Mitchell but that doesn't mean we need to ditch a solid shooter.

Also it's a terrible idea to tell a shooter to stop shooting if he doesn't make a few in a row. His percentages are good so he should be encouraged to keep shooting regardless of what his last shot did or the last few.

That said if hood nets us a better player in a trade by himself or combined with another player great, do it. But that's true of all our players so it's kind of silly and redundant to say.

I'm starting to think we need to move on from Hood. If he could play 3 with Ingles at 4, maybe we could afford to pay him what he probably gets this summer. I just have my reservations on paying Hood. He isn't consistent enough to be worth a $15+ to be our 6th man.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah, but you always want to trade everyone for something constantly. It's hard to take you suggesting a trade serious.

How many current jazz players do you have on your 2k jazz team? 1?

high level?... only if he is on... IF his shot isn't falling bench his @$$
That's typically how 6th men work bud.

And you dont just bench someone because they start a game off badly. Shooters shoot and shots will fall. To bench him would be asinine.

Hood is a spot up shooter. He is pretty good at that. He is shooting 3s very well this season. He should have a green light to shoot threes.

He isn't a playmaker unfortunately. I thought he might develop more but he isn't. He isn't creative enough or athletic enough.

That said we need good shooters and that's what hood is. He plays decent defense within the system and shoots well. He is being asked to do more than he can do though. We need another playmaker to go along with Mitchell but that doesn't mean we need to ditch a solid shooter.

Also it's a terrible idea to tell a shooter to stop shooting if he doesn't make a few in a row. His percentages are good so he should be encouraged to keep shooting regardless of what his last shot did or the last few.

That said if hood nets us a better player in a trade by himself or combined with another player great, do it. But that's true of all our players so it's kind of silly and redundant to say.
He is more than a spot up shooter. He is a really good off the dribble shooter.

St Cy be like I will do anything to argue Hood is consistent and while I'm at it I'll call you names and not provide any evidence to support my claim/opinion.

@str8line

Hehepeepeecaca
Look at his stats this year. It's pretty self-evident if you don't have the brain of a Ben Shapiro listener.

Yeah, but you always want to trade everyone for something constantly. It's hard to take you suggesting a trade serious.

How many current jazz players do you have on your 2k jazz team? 1?

I have been very clear that I don't want to trade Mitchell, Gobert, Ingles, Exum, Neto or O'Neal (6 if you're counting). I would prefer not to trade Bradley, Thabo or Jerekbo. You have other people on these threads saying "trade everybody but Mitchell or Gobert". Hell, we have some saying trade Gobert. I'm throwing out ideas for primarily Favors, Hood, Burks, Rubio, and Johnson. 5 guys Ron. 5, not the whole roster.

I'm all about solutions over whining. There are tons of avenues for solutions out there. We are in a pivotal time in our franchise - we have 2 cornerstone pieces and more expendable expirings than any team in the league. It is unacceptable not to make a move before the deadline.

There are only 13 players in the NBA shooting the kind of volume from three that Hood is. Hood is shooting about the same amount of threes on about the same as Steph Curry this year. He is shooting better than Harden, Covington, Lowry, Gordon, Lillard and many other good three point shooters on big rare high volume company.

He should have a green light to shoot threes. Frankly Hood and Ingles need to shoot more of their open shots even when they have missed a couple in a row or 5 in a row. They are good three point shooters.

You would never tell a player like Lillard or Curry to stop shooting threes in the fourth even if they have gone 0-10 from three in the game. Hood should have a green light regardless.

There is not such thing statistically of hot or cold shooters. Missing or making a few in a row does not change the chances of them making or missing their next shot. They will shoot their percentages.

Its like flipping a coin. Just because you get heads 10 times in a row does not mean you are going to keep getting heads its still a 50/50 chance. Hood is ~40% chance of making his threes regardless of what his last shot did.

I have been very clear that I don't want to trade Mitchell, Gobert, Ingles, Exum, Neto or O'Neal (6 if you're counting). I would prefer not to trade Bradley, Thabo or Jerekbo. You have other people on these threads saying "trade everybody but Mitchell or Gobert". Hell, we have some saying trade Gobert. I'm throwing out ideas for primarily Favors, Hood, Burks, Rubio, and Johnson. 5 guys Ron. 5, not the whole roster.

I'm all about solutions over whining. There are tons of avenues for solutions out there. We are in a pivotal time in our franchise - we have 2 cornerstone pieces and more expendable expirings than any team in the league. It is unacceptable not to make a move before the deadline.

Lol, you think you are about solutions. I am grateful for a good GM who makes good decisions more often than not. I guess I am different than you. I would trade any player to improve our team and not trade players that are not better.

I know you feel its your obligation to think of trades, so keep it up I guess.

Its only unacceptable to not make trades if you get offered something better than you have. Its okay to let players walk sometimes if you have a plan. The Hayward situation hurt the franchise a bit but they are recovering just fine and will get some momentum.

We are still missing our best player Gobert for most of this season.

Frankly all I want to see is this roster healthy, sadly we probably wont get to see it.

Exum, Mitchell, Hood, Favors and Gobert Starting
Rubio, Ingles, Sef, Jerebko and Udoh off the bench

That is a really good lineup and could do something. The only one of those players that is UFA is Favors. Who would be easy to retain financially if he wants to come back.

The #1 problem with Hood is his injury history. The second problem is that he's red hot or ice cold. And when he's cold he takes you right out of games since he can't make up for his shots not falling in other ways. You don't dump him but is he part of the future? I say no, due primarily to his injuries.

The #1 problem with Hood is his injury history. The second problem is that he's red hot or ice cold. And when he's cold he takes you right out of games since he can't make up for his shots not falling in other ways. You don't dump him but is he part of the future? I say no, due primarily to his injuries.

My problem isn't with the player he is... inconsistency is okay if you aren't overpaying for it. The injuries adds an additional element that i don't like, but it isn't like he's had major knee surgeries... its the combo of those things added to the fact that he will get 15-20 M this offseason and guys with those concerns aren't providing enough value to justify that kind of dinero.

He is worth Ingles' money, but he may get Hardaway money... or more. If we can get a late first rounder I do it... I lose more this year and I take that 15-20M and get something else with it. Maybe not this offseason, but next year when we actually have cap space.

Its good to hear you all agreeing he is a back-up/ 6th man at best. This is what past threads such as "Hood sucks" and "Hood aint that good" and "Hood stinks 2.0" Were all about.

whether its injures, or the hot cold phenomenon that is a streaky shooter. or maybe his lack of defensive ability, or maybe a little of all 3.

Welcome to the light my friends.

St Cy be like I will do anything to argue Hood is consistent and while I'm at it I'll call you names and not provide any evidence to support my claim/opinion.

@str8line

Hehepeepeecaca

Saint Cry feels the need to put others down in order to prop himself up. He brings a lot of good info but his self-image is so vested in this site he can't accept that he might be wrong, so instead of considering others he attacks them. I'm dead positive he has no social life and no significant other to speak of. He actually reminds me a lot of Trump.

Sorry to make y'all uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Its good to hear you all agreeing he is a back-up/ 6th man at best. This is what past threads such as "Hood sucks" and "Hood aint that good" and "Hood stinks 2.0" Were all about.

whether its injures, or the hot cold phenomenon that is a streaky shooter. or maybe his lack of defensive ability, or maybe a little of all 3.

Welcome to the light my friends.
6th men are very valuable as are guys who can shoot off the dribble at a high rate. No one is saying back-up/6th man, we are saying he is a 6th man. He has the potential to win multiple 6th man of the year awards and be a top off the dribble 3pt shooter in the NBA. Those are valuable things that dont suck, stink, or aint that good.

6th men are very valuable as are guys who can shoot off the dribble at a high rate. No one is saying back-up/6th man, we are saying he is a 6th man. He has the potential to win multiple 6th man of the year awards and be a top off the dribble 3pt shooter in the NBA. Those are valuable things that dont suck, stink, or aint that good.

No one but you has said that... and Stats say his back up is a better option. The kid can shoot we all know that. as long as he isn't needing to poop or nursing some non-contact injury.

For the record Cy of JFC that is the role hood has been playing for over half of this season. First off the bench guy... And like always its been a hot cold kind of role.

I think he is a good 6th man or bench. and that's about it.

He is more than a spot up shooter. He is a really good off the dribble shooter.

He is a good 3 point spot up shooter and a good 3 point pull up shooter.

I would not say he is good off the dribble inside the three. He is shooting 30% on pull up shots that are not 3s, that is bad.

I like Hood as a starter but as more of a Klay role.