What's new

Hoopsworld hates the Jazz

I don't have high expectations for next year but see what Hoopsworld has to say about Utah next season:

https://www.hoopsworld.com/ranking-the-western-conference-so-far

They must have watched Trey during summer league and that plummeted the Jazz.

How do you get hate from that article? THey said the Jazz have a lot of talent. The West is loaded and the reality is that the Jazz might be last in the West. I still think they are overrating teams like GS, the Suns, the Pelicans, even the Wolves and Kings. I would be surprised if the Jazz finished dead last but if they do I would be fine with it too. The Jazz have won more games with a lot less talent. I think it was 2003 when everyone predicted the Jazz to win 9 games and they ended up winning 42.

How do you get hate from that article? THey said the Jazz have a lot of talent. The West is loaded and the reality is that the Jazz might be last in the West. I still think they are overrating teams like GS, the Suns, the Pelicans, even the Wolves and Kings. I would be surprised if the Jazz finished dead last but if they do I would be fine with it too. The Jazz have won more games with a lot less talent. I think it was 2003 when everyone predicted the Jazz to win 9 games and they ended up winning 42.

Yes, it was. But the Jazz had AK, who was possibly at his highest level that season. They had a good veteran in Harpring (until he got hurt), and got very good seasons out of Arroyo, Bell and Stevenson (and then Giricek after the trade). Sloan maybe did his best coaching ever. And, perhaps more importantly, the Jazz actually had offensive and defensive systems in place. That latter part has completely broken down under Corbin. What used to be an efficient offense (remember when the Jazz used to be near the top of the league in FG%?) has turned into no offense. Current players will be learning a new system, replacing the throw to Al offense of the past 2 1/2 years. The starters will compete, but they're going to struggle at times, especially early on. None of them has been anything more than the 3rd option on offense. Hayward and Burke are going to have giant targets on their backs. I see the bench being our real downfall.

I don't think anyone on this team is currently as good as Lillard or Aldridge.

I don't see how this years Jazz team won't be hovering around 33 wins. Hayward and Favors are going into their 4th years. Most of our players are fairly disciplined defensively. Lastly, Portland never had a Brandon Rush coming off the bench last season

But srsly, Burke gon lead us to 47-48 wins cuz he's the (blaq) Messiah

Vasquez should really help with this IMO. He's gonna be feeding him plenty of easy shots down low to keep him happy... no more hero ball from Tyreke/Cousins/Thomas and Co.

Yeah because Vasquez lead the Hornets to an awesome record last year.

As long as Cousins is still an emotional baby, they will suck.

So the over/under in Vegas for the Jazz is 27 wins, sounds like Hoopsworld is taking the under. If I could, I would put every material possession I own on the fact that the Jazz will win more than 27 games. I think 32-38 is pretty realistic at this point barring a major injury.

So the over/under in Vegas for the Jazz is 27 wins, sounds like Hoopsworld is taking the under. If I could, I would put every material possession I own on the fact that the Jazz will win more than 27 games. I think 32-38 is pretty realistic at this point barring a major injury.

Hmm, sounds like a trip to Vegas is in order. I will be shocked if the Jazz can't win more than 27 games.

I like the last line of his write up:

Adding in Andrew Wiggins would quickly change the franchise for the next decade.

God, I hope they're right.

I feel great about the five, but beyond that, we look ike one of the worst teams I've ever seen (referring to players 6-12).

Tank mode, engage.

I honestly have a tough time believing that the Jazz will be dismal this year. But like I've said many times, the Jazz are kind of undefeatable this year (not considering serious injury).

I think the lack of a bench is going to be the killer this year. I'm also a bit concerned where the scoring is going to come from, but I am excited to see how this all plays out.

I think the lack of a bench is going to be the killer this year. I'm also a bit concerned where the scoring is going to come from, but I am excited to see how this all plays out.
Agree. And none of these guys have played under any semblance of an offensive system (well, at least outside of the players we traded for). Jazz are going to look lost early on. Lots of TO's and shot clock violations. Starters might be competitive, but the bench will quickly give up any leads we have. I had us at 30-33 wins, so Hoopsworld isn't that far off, IMO.