What's new

Horny frontrunner for COY?

I think the roster wasn't expected to gel this well, mostly because there were only like 3 players back from last year. I'm pretty sure 8 of their guys are having career highs in pts. Most of them weren't even getting playing time on teams last yea too.

It is not fact. It is your homeristic overvaluation of our roster.

I agree. We overvalue our own roster.
Dragic and Bledsoe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayward and whoever you put in as Utah's 2nd best player.
Green has been better than Burks, at least for the 1st half of the season.
Morris twins have been at least equal to Kanter and Williams
Frye has been close to Favors (better shooter, weaker defender)

Hasn't been all coaching, but certainly give Hornacek his due; he's done a wonderful job. But I doubt he would have gotten Utah to the playoffs. Of course, had Utah won 35 games there would be bitching and moaning by the usual suspects as to why Lindsey didn't instruct Hornacek to purposely lose 60 games so the Jazz could draft a "franchise" player.

I agree. We overvalue our own roster.
Dragic and Bledsoe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayward and whoever you put in as Utah's 2nd best player.
Green has been better than Burks, at least for the 1st half of the season.
Morris twins have been at least equal to Kanter and Williams
Frye has been close to Favors (better shooter, weaker defender)

Hasn't been all coaching, but certainly give Hornacek his due; he's done a wonderful job. But I doubt he would have gotten Utah to the playoffs. Of course, had Utah won 35 games there would be bitching and moaning by the usual suspects as to why Lindsey didn't instruct Hornacek to purposely lose 60 games so the Jazz could draft a "franchise" player.

really dude?

this suns guys are just great coached

they are not better that the kings, wolves or jazz

hell, they are almost at par with the warriors at wins right now.. this is just sick

and their gm even traded marcin gortat thinking that this will be blowout year

It's usually about expectations. For some reason, despite having some good vets, the Suns were expected to be bad. So they've overachieved in the eyes of the media and Hornacek will get COY. On the other hand, Jazz were always expected to be good under Sloan, thus Jerry really only had one legit chance to win COY (2003-04).

No sometimes the COY goes to the coach with the best record except when Jerry was coaching and then when he took a team many predicted would challenge the worse record to 42-40 record, he still doesn't win making the COY award the most useless award given.

Personally, if you look at the people who have won the award the outcome usually resulted in a firing a year or two down the road. I think Hornacek deserves consideration especially if they make the playoffs but there are other candidates like Portland and Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte, Toronto, (they've surprised people too) and SA (best record). Kidd for all his early criticism has done an amazing job considering the injuries and trying to incorporate all those egos into playing as a team.

remember one thing the over and under wins betting line for suns was 19.5

meaning they more than doubled that. so they greatly overachieved

worst decision horny made all season was the clashing jacket/shirt patterns vs mavs. dude. COY now in doubt.

he gets a lot of love here, but i've never really liked his fashion sense. i guess he ditched the shoulder pads at some point and should probably get some respect for that.

This graphic right here shows that he brought his "shooter touch" to this team. Without the exception of Frye everyone improved their shooting percentage behind three point line comparing with their career numbers. He knows the value of three point shots and he turned inefficent three point shooters into at least intimidating shooters and that provided better execution on the offense. Improving three point shooting is a huge part of their success this year and just by that you can tell that, Hornacek already adding something from himself to his team at his very first year;

n2n52e.png

^^ Actually this graphic 1 month old. Not so much change though.. Currently Bledsoe's 3P% is 35,6 and Green's 40 but the other numbers approximately same with the numbers on the graphic.

This graphic right here shows that he brought his "shooter touch" to this team. Without the exception of Frye everyone improved their shooting percentage behind three point line comparing with their career numbers. He knows the value of three point shots and he turned inefficent three point shooters into at least intimidating shooters and that provided better execution on the offense. Improving three point shooting is a huge part of their success this year and just by that you can tell that, Hornacek already adding something from himself to his team at his very first year;

n2n52e.png

also a system improves shooting percentage.
jazz seem to hoist a lot of lasts econd contested 3 points

spurs and suns seem to get a lto of wide open uncontested 3 points.

so thats also what we have to take into account.

for example sloans offense improved fg%(due to "open" layups.

I think if Suns miss playoffs it will be between Thibs or Casey. Whichever team ends up in 3d spot in East. None of them were suppose to be that good. But if Horny leads Suns to playoffs it is no brainer.