What's new

House fire

Hey, BigB wired my 240v outlet in my garage that I've used for years for my brew system that I frequently draw about 46 amps on for extended periods. It's a 50 amp max outlet and I'm kind of bending some rules by using it so close to its maximum capacity for sometimes several hours on end and I've had nothing but success. Not only that but I had envisioned a much more costly way of getting the outlet in my garage and he basically saved me money over what I would have spent doing it myself because his solution was so much better. And by better, not just in initial installation, but my brew system runs completely separate from the rest of my house. He explained at the time that most homes have an outside breaker that is 100 amps. Like I said, I use 46 amps for my brew system when its going at full burn. So that would mean I would only have 54 amps left over for the rest of my house had I done things the way I was thinking of doing them. The way it is now I have 50A from the outside panel for my brew system and 100A for everything else in my house. All that and it was a simpler install.

I'm sure that was nothing compared to what BigB does on a normal day to day, but had I gone to some random person I'm sure they would have been more than happy to just do it the way I thought it would have to be done and charge me a lot more and leave me with an inferior end result.

So don't you be besmirching BigBs electrician skills. I just won't stand for it!

A good electrician is worth every penny they charge, and then some. There are plenty of bad electricians out there, believe me.