What's new

House of Cards: Season 3 *Spoilers*

Only seen the 1st episode. One of my friends has already done the first 10 episodes and says it's the worst season thus far.

It isn't as good as the first two (yes, I binged them all) but still decent. I'd rather they slow the story a bit and give us more seasons. The first two went too quickly and I wasn't quite sure I knew where they'd be taking this season.

That said, the end of Ep 6 is ... awesome.

It isn't as good as the first two (yes, I binged them all) but still decent. I'd rather they slow the story a bit and give us more seasons. The first two went too quickly and I wasn't quite sure I knew where they'd be taking this season.

That said, the end of Ep 6 is ... awesome.

Impressive

I was profoundly disappointed in season 3. The writing is substantially worse, and less smart, than it was in the first two seasons. The only reason I can think of for changing the basic nature of Frank Underwood, his marriage, his political savvy, is to intentionally frustrate the audience.

Remember when Frank Underwood was smart?

Remember when Frank Underwood was bisexual?

Remember when Frank Underwood and his wife stayed up all night plotting the deaths of their enemies?

That's all gone. Frank Underwood is now gay. Frank Underwood is now stupid. Claire is no longer evil. Season 3 spends *hours* asking the audience to feel sorry for Doug Stamper. I have no emotional investment in Doug Stamper.

I am really amazed at how badly they screwed this up.

I was profoundly disappointed in season 3. The writing is substantially worse, and less smart, than it was in the first two seasons. The only reason I can think of for changing the basic nature of Frank Underwood, his marriage, his political savvy, is to intentionally frustrate the audience.

Remember when Frank Underwood and his wife stayed up all night plotting the deaths of their enemies?

That's all gone. Frank Underwood is now gay. Frank Underwood is now stupid. Claire is no longer evil. Season 3 spends *hours* asking the audience to feel sorry for Doug Stamper. I have no emotional investment in Doug Stamper.

Agreed.

House of cards

Season three is on Netflix now. This **** is awesome. So enthralling. Anybody watch it?

Besides being utterly scared of him?

I actually like stamper. I hate the way they have written the third season though. Completely unrealistic. The whole America works thing is a joke that sounds like a comic book, and Francis seems dumb now. Not badass like before. Only watched three episodes though.

Finished the first episode last night. Have to say, it's not a gripping as the previous 2 seasons. May be it's building up to something. Not a great hanger leading to the 2nd episode neither. Hope this picks up soon.

I've only seen the first two eps. Really ****ing boring.

Yup. Same here. I haven't talked to a single person who has liked Season 3 so I'm not really excited to continue on. I eventually will, but I'm in no hurry. I probably watched Season 1 within a week and Season 2 within 1.5 weeks. Season 3 will probably take me a month or 2.

Yup. Same here. I haven't talked to a single person who has liked Season 3 so I'm not really excited to continue on. I eventually will, but I'm in no hurry. I probably watched Season 1 within a week and Season 2 within 1.5 weeks. Season 3 will probably take me a month or 2.
I'm the same way. I watched the first two seasons together after finding it a year ago, and have been watching season three slowly.
When I watched the first two seasons, I pretty much didn't sleep

***** Riot are ****ing sell outs. Weird decision to combine real world with fictional world. Pretty soon we'll start seeing cameos from politicians.

OK so the 2nd episode is much better. Picked up the pace and lots going on with lots of players now involved as well.

I wonder what Claire's epiphany was in the kitchen.... and what's the meaning of the x2 fried eggs???? Is this really the end of the Underwoods???? It can't be, can it???? This is getting good!!!

Will watch the 3rd episode tomorrow.