What's new

How amazing is Pitt?

The Thriller

Wow, that Utah win is looking better and better....

Pitt ran into a buzz saw at home by the turnover machine known as Miami. It's a miracle that Miami had 3 touchdowns called back. Otherwise, this game would have been unbelievably ugly.

How bad is Pitt? A better question is, how terrible is Pitt's offensive coordinating which absolutely refused to pass the ball until they were down by 20+? How does this effect Utah's overall strength of schedule? Salty will for sure prove to all of us how Pitt is "clearly" better than Washington. Especially since Pitt's only win right now is against New Hampshire (Is that even Div 1?). At least Washington beat Syracuse.

I'm beginning to think that 3 MWC teams and 2 WAC teams could take the Big East this year. What an embarrassing conference.

Wouldn't expect anything else from a Big East team. That was embarrassing. Also shows Utah hasn't proven anything yet and how little the early season rankings matter, remember pitt was ranked like 15th at the start of the season?

Wouldn't expect anything else from a Big East team. That was embarrassing. Also shows Utah hasn't proven anything yet and how little the early season rankings matter, remember pitt was ranked like 15th at the start of the season?

Wasn't that crappy team from Virgina ranked really high too? Have they come close to winning since they blew the Boise game?

Pitt is not great by any means, but they are still better than Washington. Washington has been horrible for several years running.

I agree that 3 MWC teams and 2 WAC teams could win the Big East though. How the heck does that conference have an automatic BCS bid?

It's going to be funny if the MWC takes their BCS bid even with Utah and BYU leaving.

Are we going to see 2004 all over again in the Big East? Pitt was the preseason pick to win it. Who else is there? West Virginia has looked shaky so far.

God the Big Least is ugly. I'm a Rutgers fan and can tell you right now to lay the house on North Carolina at -2 on Saturday. RU's offense is God awful. Horrendous.

Pitt is not great by any means, but they are still better than Washington. Washington has been horrible for several years running.

I agree that 3 MWC teams and 2 WAC teams could win the Big East though. How the heck does that conference have an automatic BCS bid?

It's going to be funny if the MWC takes their BCS bid even with Utah and BYU leaving.

So what if Washington has sucked in previous years? They may even suck this year. But what has Pitt done this year to show that they're better than Washington? Pitt's only win comes against a school I've never even heard of. Seriously, does anyone know if they're (New Hampshire) Div I?

It's a horrible shame that they have an automatic bid to the BCS. Money talks, and those Big East schools have the east coast money. But wow, they suck.

I think it's probably a good idea for both Utah and BYU fans to try and avoid the pissing contest of "Pitt is better than Washington", or vice-versa. At the end of the day, it's an argument that nobody can win and even if you could, so what?

The rest of Utah's season doesn't hinge on what Pitt does. It depends on what Utah does. IMO, AirForce is a VERY good team this year, TCU is a top 5 team and probably still will be when they play each other, a win @ Notre Dame is always a feather in your cap and regardless of BYU's record, Utah still has a chance to beat their bitter rival in the final MWC showdown for the two schools. You want to have a special season Utah? Then go win those 4 games. I don't wanna hear from Ute or Cougar fans what they think Pitt is or is not at this point. Just like Utah's ugly win at Michigan 2 years ago. All Ute fans heard from the haters is how bad of a team Michigan was and how the win didn't mean anything. That's fine, I still like how that season turned out for them.

The same goes for BYU. Now that Nelson's shoulder has helped Bronco make up his mind, BYU is now focusing on the development of Jake Heaps. Regardless of how good/bad Washington is, BYU's win over them is not going to be the benchmark by which this season is judged for. It's now about seeing Jake Heaps progress, win some games and try to finish the season strong.

But hey, anybody who wants to continue this "my dad can beat up your dad" type of argument can have fun chasing their tails as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's probably a good idea for both Utah and BYU fans to try and avoid the pissing contest of "Pitt is better than Washington", or vice-versa. At the end of the day, it's an argument that nobody can win and even if you could, so what?

The rest of Utah's season doesn't hinge on what Pitt does. It depends on what Utah does. IMO, AirForce is a VERY good team this year, TCU is a top 5 team and probably still will be when they play each other, a win @ Notre Dame is always a feather in your cap and regardless of BYU's record, Utah still has a chance to beat their bitter rival in the final MWC showdown for the two schools. You want to have a special season Utah? Then go win those 4 games. I don't wanna hear from Ute or Cougar fans what they think Pitt is or is not at this point. Just like Utah's ugly win at Michigan 2 years ago. All Ute fans heard from the haters is how bad of a team Michigan was and how the win didn't mean anything. That's fine, I still like how that season turned out for them.

The same goes for BYU. Now that Nelson's shoulder has helped Bronco make up his mind, BYU is now focusing on the development of Jake Heaps. Regardless of how good/bad Washington is, BYU's win over them is not going to be the benchmark by which this season is judged for. It's now about seeing Jake Heaps progress, win some games and try to finish the season strong.

But hey, anybody who wants to continue this "my dad can beat up your dad" type of argument can have fun chasing their tails as far as I'm concerned.

This argument is way too logical. It just doesn't work for the BYU/UofU rivalry. Duh

Utah fans don't need Pitt to be better than Washington. Utah will beat BYU this year regardless of what Pitt or Washington does.

However, BYU fan saying Washington is better than Pitt is ridiculous. Washington will finish this season with only 1 or 2 wins. Maybe they get lucky and steal a game and finish with 3 wins. Pitt, on the other hand, will likely be playing in a BCS game.

Yes, there are 3 MWC teams and 2 WAC teams that could win the Big East. Washington, on the other hand, could not win the Big East. Pitt probably will win the Big East.

BYU fan asks what has Pitt done to look better than Washington? Uh, they came into this year as the Big East favorites, for one thing. What the heck has Washington done to look better than Pitt? Nothing. That's what. Again, Washington not only sucks big time, but they have sucked for several years running, so it shouldn't be a surprise that they suck right now.

The best thing about being a Ute fan is I no longer have to care about this kind of stuff. Utah goes to a BCS game if they finish undefeated this year, no matter how good or bad Pitt is. And next year (and every year thereafter), we can lose a few games and still go to the Rose Bowl. So this whole "Pitt is or isn't as good as Washington" argument is more of a BYU fan argument these days. As a Ute fan, I no longer need to bother with it.

Utah is ranked 13, will move up this week, and will absolutely get into a BCS game if they go undefeated. Period. We don't care about Pitt anymore. The only reason I even addressed it at all is because I was specifically called out by a BYU fan who was making a ridiculous argument.

Utah should have foreseen this and not scheduled Pitt. Any Bears fan could have told you Wannstedt would eff that thing up.

Nah, the Utes just scheduled and beat an overrated Pitt team in the first game of the season. That formula is tried and true to get to the national championship.

LOL

I just wanted to show how dumb it is to base eveyrthing off of pre-season rankings. Pitt sucks.

I just love to see to what extent Salty's homerism goes to. And he keeps writing paragraphs and paragraphs. If he truly didn't care about what BYU thought, why would he go to such extents to defend the Utes? I thought ya didn't care brutha!?

Thanks jazzfan, for your rational post.

Salty, is "clearly" right. Pitt rules, Utah is the bestest ever and Washington is the worst team in the history of sports. lol Lets see who scores more points against Utah St and base everything off that too. Thanks salty.

Did anyone else see the game last night? I don't think I've seen a more conservative offensive play calling. With several talented receivers, I don't think I've ever seen an OC so afraid to pass the ball.

Wow, that Utah win is looking better and better....

Pitt ran into a buzz saw at home by the turnover machine known as Miami. It's a miracle that Miami had 3 touchdowns called back. Otherwise, this game would have been unbelievably ugly.

How bad is Pitt? A better question is, how terrible is Pitt's offensive coordinating which absolutely refused to pass the ball until they were down by 20+? How does this effect Utah's overall strength of schedule? Salty will for sure prove to all of us how Pitt is "clearly" better than Washington. Especially since Pitt's only win right now is against New Hampshire (Is that even Div 1?). At least Washington beat Syracuse.

I'm beginning to think that 3 MWC teams and 2 WAC teams could take the Big East this year. What an embarrassing conference.

This is how BYU fans cope with 2 losses in 3 games.

LOL

I just wanted to show how dumb it is to base eveyrthing off of pre-season rankings. Pitt sucks.

I just love to see to what extent Salty's homerism goes to. And he keeps writing paragraphs and paragraphs. If he truly didn't care about what BYU thought, why would he go to such extents to defend the Utes? I thought ya didn't care brutha!?

Thanks jazzfan, for your rational post.

Salty, is "clearly" right. Pitt rules, Utah is the bestest ever and Washington is the worst team in the history of sports. lol Lets see who scores more points against Utah St and base everything off that too. Thanks salty.

Did anyone else see the game last night? I don't think I've seen a more conservative offensive play calling. With several talented receivers, I don't think I've ever seen an OC so afraid to pass the ball.

Uh, I responded to the post because you specifically called me out. I don't care about Pitt or Washington. You're the one making threads about Pitt and Washington, not me. And how does it make me a total Ute homer when I disagree with you and say that Pitt is better than Washington? If they played right now Pitt would be at least a touchdown favorite, so I guess pretty much everyone is a Ute homer then?

And I never said Utah was "clearly" better than BYU because they beat Utah State. Stop making crap up. We both know the truth is that YOU said BYU was "clearly" better than Utah because BYU beat Northern Iowa at home by more points than Utah beat Michigan on the road. My "clearly" rant was making fun of you for your nonsense. The difference between us is you were serious (so serious that you actually lie about posting it now that we know how stupid it was) and I was just making fun of you (and fully admit what I said- and it had nothing to do with Utah State).

And even if I had said that Utah was better solely because they beat Utah State by more (which I never said that, but just for the sake of argument), the year you are talking about (when Utah actually did beat Utah State by more than BYU did) Utah WAS clearly better than BYU anyway, and crushed them 48-24 when they played.

I am not making paragraphs and paragraphs about Pitt being better than Washington. You are the one who started a thread on the subject and have paragraphs and paragraphs about it. I just gave a quick note saying I disagree and then pointed out how much better it is to be a Utah fan than a BYU fan because Utah fans don't care about either one of those teams. And this long post is just setting the record straight because you are claiming I said something that I most definitely never said (when in reality, you said something even more foolish than what you are falsely attributing to me).

It's hard to know if you're just a troll or an idiot. I find it hard to believe that you have went full time troll, but it's equally difficult to believe that you went full retard. What's the deal?

Last edited: