What's new

How disinterested are you....a poll.

How disinterested are you in the Jazz this year?

• Total voters

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
How disinterested are you in the Jazz this year? Mostly? Just kinda? Completely? How disinterested SHOULD you be? A lot? Let's get it all out in the open. Choose and perish!

I still watch every game. Outside of an Atlanta game that was not broadcast something like 9 years ago, I have never missed a game during the NBA League Pass era (although a number have been watched after the broadcast). While I want a team to win, I like watching teams that have good defensive schemes and well executed
offense, and those times have been few and far between this season. When I am home in the evenings I usually have 4 games going on my splitscreen. Unfortunately, a lot of teams plan mind numbing ball, but there are a few that run some pretty fun sets with good ball movement. With Will clearly being willing to experiment this year, I'd love them to throw in some old classic sets.

I have no delusions about the Jazz making the playoffs this year. So I am happy to see them lose, but they really need to use this time to jell as a team and develop the offense.

Also, on this date in 2011 we dumped Okur to save cash. It was a sad day.

Last edited:
My disinterest for the season started way before we were losing games. I never liked how the team was put together and don't especially love the type of basketball that the players we have allows us to play. The other big factor is I can't get League Pass to work at my work anymore. Being on the East coast I watch most of the games on the all possessions replay on League Pass, and used to do it at work. Now I have to wait until I get home which means I'm more likely to do the 10 minute recap, which I don't like because you don't get to see defensive stops (my favorite part of the game).

Related to the above, but also because I spent so much time on the 2023 draft I have been watching a lot more basketball of other teams this year. I don't have any emotional connection to any team besides the Jazz, which is actually kind of nice. When I watch other teams play I can just focus on the basketball and don't have any excitement that keeps me up or disappointment that makes me grumpy after I watch games.

Absolutely. There is no fun in watching this team at all, though it has got a little better the past couple weeks. Mostly, there's no hope in watching them.. Like it feels just like a group of guys with a Jazz jersey on.

I did watch the Nets game which was fun, skipped the Cavs game which felt like an auto loss, and did watch the Pistons game just because I wanted to see if they would get humiliated or not, but in the past I never skipped games. This season I've already skipped half of them.

Not as interested as in years where the Jazz is relevant, but I still watch most games to monitor development of the young guys.
This. I still get enough enjoyment out of watching the youngsters without having to worry that much about winning or losing. The season a few years ago when we ended up as the nr. 1 seed was much more stressful as every game seemed important. Do hope Keyonte is back soon.

I'm still interested for more than just the rookies, who are always interesting to follow.

Lots of storylines, trades and occasionally good basketball.

I’ve watched a ton of basketball this season, especially a lot of replays this year with league pass. The Jazz are perhaps the most boring team in the league. There aren’t a lot of interesting players on this team, and there really doesn’t seem to be a goal. We also have no identity as a basketball team, I can usually figure out what a team is trying to do even through the condensed games…but with the Jazz? Looks like a bunch of guys who have never played with each other before.

I still watch every game. But this is the most boring team since the Millsap/Big Al days. But even then, I thought those teams were more interesting to watch on a night to night basis.

Last year was a blast but I still never miss a game. By “never” I mean rarely. I like a lot of the players this year - there isn’t really any that bother me (maybe Luka S. a little). I like the rookies and I love that Markkenen, in spite of the losing, wants to stay here. Since that’s the case I’m happy with the Jazz piling up losses. Hopefully the FO can extend Markkenen in the off-season, we can lose next year too, and then finally be a contender the following year. There’s plenty to be positive about. I like how DA is running things more than DL or KOC. Go Jazz

Less interested than any year I can remember and I have been a fan for a long time. I actually enjoyed the rebuild after Stockton and Malone but not this time. For me it is because this whole thing is self inflicted. We did not have to be crappy but we chose this path. We had to get rid of one of the all-stars but not both. I prefer being excited over game night as opposed to draft night and trade deadlines.

If Donovan weren't such a douche we'd be in a different spot. Once he waged war on Rudy that team was done.

Disinterest, from the perspective of inference to the best explanation, arises from a firm deficit of confidence in the ability of thy Jazz to push the boulder up the hill in the fashion of Sisyphus. To surmount Sisyphusian difficulties, thy Jazz must establish more effective players on the court, players who can throw the sphere into the goal and hit the sphere with the palm of hand while running, and grab the sphere after it caroms off of the goal.

Man, I didnt like Don either, but he helped us out a lot. He could have easily been way more vocal about where he wanted to go and scared teh Cavs offer off. He was far from a douche.

That came long after he became a douche, maybe not the worst douche I can think of but a douche nonetheless. The Rudy/covid thing really soured me on him and from then on there was no healing the team.