What's new

How far does Embiid with a bad back slide?

I think Cleveland will trade the pick. They have to win now to keep Kyrie. They can't risk it on Embiid. They probably don't want to wait for Wiggins. Parker would stand in the way of the Return of the King. They can probably spend the hype to do better for themselves.(at least in the near term)

I hope DL puts together a good package. I think we have a better shot at landing the #1 than the 2 or 3.
SO who do we have that would help Cleveland "win now?" All our players are projects who we HOPE will develop into quality starters. Best we could offer is Favors, Burks and the #5. But seriously, do we think Jabari is THAT good?

Parker does not stand in the way of a potential return of Lebron. On the contrary, I think it could entice him.

he is saying that parker plays the same position as lebron so that would make lebron not want to go there as much because jabari would be a bench player (lebron would start obviously) so if they really want lebron to come back to cleveland they should draft a player that doesnt play his same position (embiid, center)

at least i think that is what he meant

he is saying that parker plays the same position as lebron

Nobody knows what position Jabari is, and Lebron can literally play every position on the floor at an elite level. Lebron can also literally play and excel with any basketball player worth a god damn, and it seems his motive for choosing his teams is the talent he plays with. Lebron is (or at least was) more similar in role to Dwyane Wade, he chose to play with him, and it hasn't turned out to be burning wreckage.

I also don't think that Lebron fits well with a pure center since that ****s with his getting to the rim and there's a reason the Heat have done things the way they have (tried to retrofit SFs to PF in the hope of getting Lebron more space inside, having Bosh shoot more jumpers and from longer distances with time, and play Bosh at center), and nobody thinks Embiid is going to be close to his upside anytime soon. Similarly with Wiggins, he's not exactly a lights-out gunner either and he's further from his ceiling than Parker.

I don't know about you, but I think Lebron and Carmello (a guy that shares a similar skillset to Parker with [with Parker probably being the better shooter {and worse defender} when all is said and done]) on the same team is a more complementary and interesting dynamic than anything Lebron has had with the Heat. You could make the case that Parker is THE guy over the other two.

I think Cleveland will trade the pick. They have to win now to keep Kyrie. They can't risk it on Embiid. They probably don't want to wait for Wiggins. Parker would stand in the way of the Return of the King. They can probably spend the hype to do better for themselves.(at least in the near term)

I hope DL puts together a good package. I think we have a better shot at landing the #1 than the 2 or 3.

Kyrie is young. A new star would be the best way to keep him after the next contract. The Cavs (and many other teams) should have learned their lesson trying to go all-in to build around LeBron. They had damn well better get at least a second star for that pick if they're trading it, or they will see a CP3 situation in a few seasons.

I don't see any game changing stars on the market, not even K-Love is enough to keep Kyrie happy.

Nobody knows what position Jabari is, and Lebron can literally play every position on the floor at an elite level. Lebron can also literally play and excel with any basketball player worth a god damn, and it seems his motive for choosing his teams is the talent he plays with. Lebron is (or at least was) more similar in role to Dwyane Wade, he chose to play with him, and it hasn't turned out to be burning wreckage.

I also don't think that Lebron fits well with a pure center since that ****s with his getting to the rim and there's a reason the Heat have done things the way they have (tried to retrofit SFs to PF in the hope of getting Lebron more space inside, having Bosh shoot more jumpers and from longer distances with time, and play Bosh at center), and nobody thinks Embiid is going to be close to his upside anytime soon. Similarly with Wiggins, he's not exactly a lights-out gunner either and he's further from his ceiling than Parker.

I don't know about you, but I think Lebron and Carmello (a guy that shares a similar skillset to Parker with [with Parker probably being the better shooter {and worse defender} when all is said and done]) on the same team is a more complementary and interesting dynamic than anything Lebron has had with the Heat. You could make the case that Parker is THE guy over the other two.
i agree

I think Embiid slides to #1 on draft night.

He probably won't go #0 but I can't see CLE passing on him if he's on the board.

If the Cavs medical staff signs off on him, he's a no-brainier.