What's new

How much would you re-sign Big Al for?

Jeditiger

Hoppy Goodness
Contributor
I have to admit, I'm a huge Big Al fan. I was wondering what the board thinks his re-sign value should be? He's making $13mm this year I think. I think he gets serious consideration for the All Star Game in Houston. So how much is he worth? Should we pay more than $13mm/yr for him or less?

I want our next big to be Millsap, only willing to come off the bench. (unpossible) Al works for me if he would do the same for on a Millsap size salary. In that case, I want to pay Al 10-12. (also unpossible)
/dead horse

I've been thinking of scenarios with keeping Al on the team and honestly I can't think of any I like so I am saying:

$0.00mm/year

As long as Al is on the team the FO/coaching will consider him the 1st option and I think the absolute highest rate of success we could see from that is sneaking into the 2nd round.

I have to admit, I'm a huge Big Al fan. I was wondering what the board thinks his re-sign value should be? He's making $13mm this year I think. I think he gets serious consideration for the All Star Game in Houston. So how much is he worth? Should we pay more than $13mm/yr for him or less?
0 dollars
actually lets pay him 18 million dollars to go away

I've been thinking of scenarios with keeping Al on the team and honestly I can't think of any I like so I am saying:

$0.00mm/year

As long as Al is on the team the FO/coaching will consider him the 1st option and I think the absolute highest rate of success we could see from that is macgradying into the the playoff.

i think big al is mcgrady, wont ever get out of the 1st round as a primary/secondary option

i think big al is mcgrady, wont ever get out of the 1st round as a primary/secondary option

Mcgrady had crap talent around him during his peak and ran into us (terrible matchup) when he had his best chance. Also Al's prime won't even be in the same stratosphere as Tmac's.

Mcgrady had crap talent around him during his peak and ran into us (terrible matchup) when he had his best chance. Also Al's prime won't even be in the same stratosphere as Tmac's.

ooh really. mcgrady in his prime was pretty good.
too bad like al, they dont thrive in a teamgame

mcgrady also avg 8 or 9 season 20+ per game
5 which where 25+
1 30+

mcgrady >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> big al.
that said i would not touch mcgrady with a ten foot pole.

by deduction we should not touch al with a 100 foot pole

Right now is say Al is close to a max player. I do t know that we would give him that kind of money though. One can hope.

I'm almost certain that all of you are being laughed at by the op. He is a alt. There is no other explanation.

If the Jazz re-sign AL for the Max then the Jazz are doomed. Besides probably losing either Kanter or Favors. If they sign Millsap too then they could lose both young guys. The Jazz HAVE to make a decision. Either go young or stay the same(which will be a disaster) because there will not be enough money to pay Millsap Favors, AJ, and Kanter and Hayward etc.

I don't want to re-sign AL not because he isn't a nice guy or that he doesn't have skills. The problem is he is too expensive and takes away from the development of our young players.