What's new

How much would you re-sign Big Al for?

Sign him for a good deal then trade him. Same with Millsap.

Lets drag this out further. We got time.
Sign-and trades are largely a thing of the past under the new CBA.
Jefferson won't be traded. Based on his recent play, in which he's been very effective and has shown good passing ability, I think Utah will try to keep him. Loyalty may play a part in Al's decision and the Jazz can offer him an additional year. It's a tough decision. I think next season Favors/Jefferson makes sense as the starting combo. Kanter can still get 25-30 mins off the bench. However, in 2 years maybe Kanter is ready to start (I don't think he is right now). It may take a 6-year contract to keep Jefferson, but in 3 years, we'd be screaming for Kanter to start, even if he's getting a lot of mins. off the bench.

Al is going to get a big contract. He's essentially a 20-10 player (close enough) and quality centers aren't that easy to obtain. There will be teams vying for Dwight Howard (I don't think it's a lock he stays in LA, especially given his conflicts with Kobe). Whoever clears space in an attempt to woo Howard may turn to Al as a second choice. I'd place my bets on Houston or Dallas as the teams most likely to go after Jefferson.

Those hoping Jefferson stays at his current contract or re-signs for $10M per are hallucinating. Al is going to get at least a $60M/4-yr deal. You can bet on it!

If Al would go for 10-12 million a year over three you would be crazy not to sign him. And I hate Al.

I'd resign Al for 11-12 mill, he will get more elsewhere if he tries. I would resign Milsap for 8-9 Million, he will get more elsewhere if he tries.

If it were up to me, I would try to trade both now, or at least one of the 2 so we don't lose both for nothing, and try to get a young 3rd big.

I want Favors/Kanter/Hayward/Burks running this team next year so we can see what they are worth. If they can't get it done, then the Jazz should be in a good place to get some help through the draft in 2014, which should be an awesome draft.

Since I know the Jazz will try to win next year, they will keep one of them. I think Jefferson is more valuable, because Favors can play with him and not be required to score as much. I think AJ/Fav/Kanter is much better than Milsap/Fav/Kanter rotation.

when paired with jefferson, milsap is lazy on defense you know why.
cus why bother a team defense is only as strong as it's weakest link.
the center is the last line of defense. is the most essential possition on defense. and yet we have no center on defense.
so why the **** should you bother with playing defense when al is just gonna let players lay it up and in without lifting a finger.
when millsap is paired with kanter or favors(which is almost never) then you see millsap playing defense.

**** LAZY AL

This is as weak as an argument gets and is baloney. If it did have any thread of truth, Sap should be shipped out immediately. Imagine if Jackson Emery had done that whey he was playing defense with Jimmer.

I'm not an Al apologist or hater. I'd rather keep him then Millsap. That said if He will sign for 10M per year you have to think about keeping him. He's going to get offers that exceed that and he's worth that much.
I would rather not re-sign either of Millsap or Jefferson and just move on with the young guys. But I've said that for a season and a half now.

I'd like to re-sign him for about that number. I'm sure he'll get larger offers though. I do want to see Favors and Kanter get 30 minutes plus and I think that can happen with a 3 man rotation by either letting Millsap or Al go. I like what Millsap brings, but he just seems so defensive about the entire situation that I'd be surprised if he re-signs here unless the Jazz pay him more than anyone else offers.

I'd like to re-sign him for about that number. I'm sure he'll get larger offers though. I do want to see Favors and Kanter get 30 minutes plus and I think that can happen with a 3 man rotation by either letting Millsap or Al go. I like what Millsap brings, but he just seems so defensive about the entire situation that I'd be surprised if he re-signs here unless the Jazz pay him more than anyone else offers.

Can't remember if I've brought this up before but Utah could be doing Sap a big favor sending him somewhere like Toronto or Charlotte where he'd be top dog and get all the opportunity he could possibly want to showcase his game.