What's new

How would save this team as “the DL replacement”?

movedaball

I know this is 10? games into the season, but clearly Dennis has screwed up some... And by “save” I mean basically get the team to where we all were led to believe it could go by those in management and the players and some local media even this year... so basically what could get us into the WCF in the next three to four years? Totally open-ended other than that...

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Like I've always said, tank this season. Hope for some draft luck and get our third star. Our 1st round pick for 2022 is like 97% chance going to Memphis, so this season is our only window. We ain't contending **** this season. And next season Conley's gonna walk. Bojan/Ingles contract will go from “moderate” to “horrendous”. Royce too. Its a slippery slope that we can't get out of. At this rate we will end up giving Memphis a high lottery pick in 2022 unless we get a young star from 2021’s draft who could turn us around.

A Korver/Clarkson type of midseason rescue is already out of the equation. DL personally made sure of it by giving away our second round picks for the next 7 years. No help is gonna come.

Tanking is not the answer. Can you imagine the morale of the team if we tanked?
The morale of paying the LT, trying to contend for a chip, then failed to make the playoffs will be even worse. We were on the verge of falling off in both 2018 and 2019 before Korver and Clarkson coming in to save our ***. We can go 4-8 by the end of this road trip and who's gonna come to this rescue this season? No one

Last edited:
There are guys walking the streets that could help: Here is a list of unsigned free agents: Alan Crabbe, RHJ, Michael Kid Gilchrist, Michael Young, Dwayne Dedmond, Junk Yard Dog, Gerald Green, Mudiay, Ian Clark, Korver, JWF. It doesn't matter if we would sign one because Quin wouldn't play them.

The morale of paying the LT, trying to contend for a chip, then failed to make the playoffs will be even worse. We were on the verge of falling off in both 2018 and 2019 before Korver and Clarkson saved us. Who's gonna come this season? No one
That's the bad thing. We are in the middle of the road. Nobody likes to lose, and you can bet your *** DM, Gobert, and Mike aren't going to toss games. Unless DM or Mike are secretly injured or someone gets injured along the way we aren't going to be able to tank.

I think it's still early into the season. We've won against some good teams but we have also collapsed tremendously. We need to get in sync sooner, rather than later though. A lot of it has to do with Mr. Snyder and our turnovers.

There are guys walking the streets that could help: Here is a list of unsigned free agents: Alan Crabbe, RHJ, Michael Kid Gilchrist, Michael Young, Dwayne Dedmond, Junk Yard Dog, Gerald Green, Mudiay, Ian Clark, Korver, JWF. It doesn't matter if we would sign one because Quin wouldn't play them.
If it's one of Brandon Clark, Darius Bazley or Keldon Johnson, I'm sure Quin would have. I'm upset about Quin’s rotation too, but he's not the only one at fault here. Playing scrubs might help this team(just maybe), but it doesn't solve any of our long term problems. Like when Mike Conley leave us in the summer, for example.

If it's one of Brandon Clark, Darous Bazley or Keldon Johnson, I'm sure Quin would have. I'm upset about Quin’s rotation too, but he's not the only one at fault here. Playing scrubs might help this team(just maybe), but it doesn't solve any of our long term problems.
Something is wrong when you play a first half vs the Nets and a second half vs Knicks. It's like the guys have quit or have totally tuned the coaches out. It happened at times last year when there were stretches where the Jazz looked worse than a GLeague team.

Something is wrong when you play a first half vs the Nets and a second half vs Knicks. It's like the guys have quit or have totally tuned the coaches out. It happened at times last year when there were stretches where the Jazz looked worse than a GLeague team.
Well, that's my point, whatever saved us in the last two seasons won't be the case this season. We can't get any kind of help in a midseason trade. We ran out of assets to give. So plan for the worst.

The goal needs to be to find a better top 3 player. Right now, in some order, our top 2 are Rudy and Don. Who is number 3? Conley, Bojan, even Ingles? No idea.

To go any farther, the number 3 needs to be a lot better. I'm starting to wonder if looking at a package centered around Bojan might be the way.

Trade Mitchell

Fire DL that clown of a GM, keep Mitchell, Gobert, Clarkson Favors. Blow up the rest of the team. Keep the rookies and 2nd year players.

I noticed Omari Spellman hit the waiver wire yesterday. First round pick in 2018 and still just 23 years old. Sign him DL.

JF urges DL to sign Scrub X, who is drifting out there. As per JF, Scrub X is the solution to our problems.

DL signs Scrub X.

Scrub X is a scrub; thus doesn't play.

JF urges DL to sign Scrub Y, who is drifting out there. As per JF, Scrub Y is the solution to our problems.

This happens every year. This year is was Shaq Harrison; now it's Omari. Every now and again a team will hit on somebody who turns into a solid rotation player in this process - somebody like Ingles or Christian Wood or whoever. But the vast majority of the time these people are drifting out there because they are scrubs. Folks acting like it's patently obvious that DL is an idiot for not signing players they have scouted FAR more than any of us have are overreacting a bit.

JF urges DL to sign Scrub X, who is drifting out there. As per JF, Scrub X is the solution to our problems.

DL signs Scrub X.

Scrub X is a scrub; thus doesn't play.

JF urges DL to sign Scrub Y, who is drifting out there. As per JF, Scrub Y is the solution to our problems.

This happens every year. This year is was Shaq Harrison; now it's Omari. Every now and again a team will hit on somebody who turns into a solid rotation player in this process - somebody like Ingles or Christian Wood or whoever. But the vast majority of the time these people are drifting out there because they are scrubs. Folks acting like it's patently obvious that DL is an idiot for not signing players they have scouted FAR more than any of us have are overreacting a bit.
What has DL did so great that wasn't lucky? Give away all our franchise 2nd round players til Jesus returns?

Here are the questions I have...

- could Royce, Joe, Favors and Morgan cover the PF position?

- if so, would we trade Bojan?

- what could we get?

- do we need Conley AND Clarkson as much as we need perimeter depth?

- does Conley even plan on returning?

- would we trade either?

- shouldn't we trade Conley instead of losing him for nothing since we have so few assets?

- what could we get for Conley or Clarkson?

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Here are the questions I have...

- could Royce, Joe, Favors and Morgan cover the PF position?

- if so, would we trade Bojan?

- what could we get?

- do we need Conley AND Clarkson as much as we need perimeter depth?

- does Conley even plan on returning?

- would we trade either?

- shouldn't we trade Conley instead of losing him for nothing since we have so few assets?

- what could we get for Conley or Clarkson?

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
We ain't getting **** for Bojan. I'd compare him to the 2018 Joe Johnson at this point, except bojan is on a much worse contract. 20mil for a guy who's basically a liability on the floor when he can't make shots. No thanks.