What's new

How would save this team as “the DL replacement”?

JF urges DL to sign Scrub X, who is drifting out there. As per JF, Scrub X is the solution to our problems.

DL signs Scrub X.

Scrub X is a scrub; thus doesn't play.

JF urges DL to sign Scrub Y, who is drifting out there. As per JF, Scrub Y is the solution to our problems.

This happens every year. This year is was Shaq Harrison; now it's Omari. Every now and again a team will hit on somebody who turns into a solid rotation player in this process - somebody like Ingles or Christian Wood or whoever. But the vast majority of the time these people are drifting out there because they are scrubs. Folks acting like it's patently obvious that DL is an idiot for not signing players they have scouted FAR more than any of us have are overreacting a bit.
Except Wood is currently balling in Houston. And signing Shaq is the right move to make considering how we are currently getting absolutely torched from the perimeter. It's truly pathetic to see fans calling for a scrub to make a difference when in reality that FO should have done something about our perimeter defense a long time ago. Not sure what point you are trying to make here because JF are absolutely spot on when it comes to those two issues.

The goal needs to be to find a better top 3 player. Right now, in some order, our top 2 are Rudy and Don. Who is number 3? Conley, Bojan, even Ingles? No idea.

To go any farther, the number 3 needs to be a lot better. I'm starting to wonder if looking at a package centered around Bojan might be the way.
Only way to do this is through the draft. No trade because there is no asset. No FA signing because there is no cap space. Tank this season, get the third star, and we will still be able to compete for the next 3-4 years with the kid being on his rookie contract.

They have kind of made our bed now they need to sleep in it. It’s not all bad as some seat will heat up if some **** doesn’t change. Specifically Quin, DL and JZ.

Personnaly I would have fired these assholes after blowing that 3-1 lead last year. **** I am still pissed about that....

Mike is the guy I can see being moved. He just doesn’t work, we need that defenseive guy next to Mitchell.

For the last week or two I have been thinking about trading Mitchell and Connelly for Harden. I know it’s blasphemy but it may be our best option to win a chip at this point. Call me crazy but if Harden is at all willing to play here for a couple of years I think I would probably do it I want a chip so damn bad....

For the last week or two I have been thinking about trading Mitchell and Connelly for Harden. I know it’s blasphemy but it may be our best option to win a chip at this point. Call me crazy but if Harden is at all willing to play here for a couple of years I think I would probably do it I want a chip so damn bad....
Honestly, that's a Kawaii to Toronto level risk and I'd have to think about it.

Only way to do this is through the draft. No trade because there is no asset. No FA signing because there is no cap space. Tank this season, get the third star, and we will still be able to compete for the next 3-4 years with the kid being on his rookie contract.

And that will never ever happen unless we get some David Robinson/Steph Curry style “miraculous” injury - the Jazz have no such mindset or process. The fans would go ape if it didn’t seem for real. Also I think I might have mentioned this but we don’t own our 2021 1st round draft pick outright - if it falls between 8 and 14, we lose the rights to Memphis (Conley deal)...

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
And that will never ever happen unless we get some David Robinson/Steph Curry style “miraculous” injury - the Jazz have no such mindset or process. The fans would go ape if it didn’t seem for real. Also I think I might have mentioned this but we don’t own our 2021 draft pick outright - if it falls between 8 and 14, we lose the rights to Memphis (Conley deal)...

then memphis will just sit there and laugh away with our first round pick as we struggle in the bottom half of the league next season.

i mean, yes. technically we don't have to tank all the way to the bottom if we are actually good at drafting. like we could have taken Darius bazley or Keldon Johnson with our own 23rd pick in 2019 then there goes your third star who doesn't have to get paid until 2023. but why do that when you can have dee MIKE CONLEY

How bad are some of the current Stars players at playing perimeter defense? They couldn't be worse than what we are putting on the court n ow.

76ers just lost to nets without kd and kyrie. I think its a weird league right now. Players are affected by outside noise. A bit early to say we need saving. Also Paul George saying he's all-in in shutting down the league isn't helping.

76ers just lost to nets without kd and kyrie. I think its a weird league right now. Players are affected by outside noise. A bit early to say we need saving. Also Paul George saying he's all-in in shutting down the league isn't helping.

No doubt this is a wacky season but I don’t think that actually changes the existence of any of our actual problems. I’ve had it with the excuses and the rationalizations. I somehow managed to rationalize the off-season with homerism, and do it convincingly enough on social media, and now a lot of the common criticism from non-Jazz-fans is turning into reality (again). Also wasn’t continuity supposed to be our big advantage out of the gate? Wasn’t that like the whole point?

Change up the rotation after big losses to find a combo of 5 players that are a net plus. Only Rudy and Don are guaranteed playing time. Everyone else must prove themselves by being part of a net-plus lineup. Could discover some surprises, and maybe try guys at different positions this way!

@infection how far does RHJ get us this year? is he even still around?

Yes, he’s still around. He takes us to the finals. Assuming playing time, that is.

Seriously, you need a loose-balls guy. A guy ready to mix it up. Some energy when you suck.

4t0ms7.jpg

Nobody can look at this lackadaisical team and say we wouldn’t be better with him. Well, nobody except Quin and DL.

Here are the questions I have...

- could Royce, Joe, Favors and Morgan cover the PF position?

- if so, would we trade Bojan?

- what could we get?

- do we need Conley AND Clarkson as much as we need perimeter depth?

- does Conley even plan on returning?

- would we trade either?

- shouldn't we trade Conley instead of losing him for nothing since we have so few assets?

- what could we get for Conley or Clarkson?

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Don't entertain trading Clarkson, he was loyal to sign here, not many want to do that

And that will never ever happen unless we get some David Robinson/Steph Curry style “miraculous” injury - the Jazz have no such mindset or process. The fans would go ape if it didn’t seem for real. Also I think I might have mentioned this but we don’t own our 2021 1st round draft pick outright - if it falls between 8 and 14, we lose the rights to Memphis (Conley deal)...

Thanks again DL,

With how bad we look
-added to rapidly aging Bojan and Joe
-added to possibly losing Conley
-added to Don looking so bad

...it might be better to lose our pick this summer than summer 2022 when the pick has less protections.

We are a capped out team so we have to maximize assets. Thats why we paid to keep Clarkson. Its why we extended Rudy and Don. Thats why we can't just lose Conley for nothing. Thats why we have to pursue all avenues for improvement through trades.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Like I've always said, tank this season. Hope for some draft luck and get our third star. Our 1st round pick for 2022 is like 97% chance going to Memphis, so this season is our only window. We ain't contending **** this season. And next season Conley's gonna walk. Bojan/Ingles contract will go from “moderate” to “horrendous”. Royce too. Its a slippery slope that we can't get out of. At this rate we will end up giving Memphis a high lottery pick in 2022 unless we get a young star from 2021’s draft who could turn us around.

This is horrible idea imo. We just paid Rudy a nearly supermax and you want to make him sit out the whole season? You also claim that Ingles and Boyan will be done next season so you basically want to waste their "last" season. All that gambling on the chance of picking a player in the draft who will fit and produce from day one so we can win a championship in his first season.. I know we are not a real contender but I would rather gamble on the current team catching fire/favorable marchups/AD injury in the playoffs than on your plan. We are stuck where we are, the only option I see is trying to improve through trades including Bojan/Clarkson/Royce. We should have tanked in Donovan's first season, now is too late.

If I were the Millers I'd find some billionaire sucker to buy the team and get out before the wheels call off.

This is horrible idea imo. We just paid Rudy a nearly supermax and you want to make him sit out the whole season? You also claim that Ingles and Boyan will be done next season so you basically want to waste their "last" season. All that gambling on the chance of picking a player in the draft who will fit and produce from day one so we can win a championship in his first season.. I know we are not a real contender but I would rather gamble on the current team catching fire/favorable marchups/AD injury in the playoffs than on your plan. We are stuck where we are, the only option I see is trying to improve through trades including Bojan/Clarkson/Royce. We should have tanked in Donovan's first season, now is too late.

Yeah that’s what I said we’re the victims of our own success - overperformance really in that first year. It blinded everyone from the reality of what we had, and given the choices we made since, has really handcuffed us. Major suckage to be a Jazz fan right now - the funny thing is some fans on Facebook groups still don’t seem to get it.