What's new

***Hysterical overreaction thread***

Douchebag K

**** happens Once in a while we lay an egg to put it mildly. But for those forseeing doom as a result of this loss .... go .. post your most vitriolic takes ...

I am seeing a recurring pattern where team are adjusting to our limited set offense. Yes, the shooting was not on night, but without major adjustments were are going to see a large step down from last season.

Almost every player looks worse this year. Jingles, Gobert and Crowder are the exceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooting is just too inconsistent right now. Rubio and Exum are shooting even worse than expected, Crowder has been insanely streaky and Burks isn't a guy who takes enough 3's consistently. Mitchell hasnt turned into an off the dribble shooter yet eitehr.

I am seeing a recurring pattern where team are adjusting to our limited set offense. Yes, the shooting was not off tonight, but without major adjustments were are going to see a large step down from last season.

Almost every player looks worse this year. Jingles, Gobert and Crowder are the exceptions.
Limited set offense? The Jazz have the most complex set offense in the NBA.

Feels like a team where a trade is in the future.

We need to get the Bellineli and Illyasova of this year too. This shooting is so bad.

O'Neale was a major part of last year and he doesn't even play. His energy and effort would have helped in the 3rd quarter tonight. Should have played him over Burks. At least the D would have been good.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I love the defensive length of Exum on the perimeter and Gobert on the interior. I think that could be the foundation of something. But the guys in between need to have advanced athleticism and advanced ball skills. I guess Mitchell fits that description. Ingles is passable, I guess.

Watching Rubio over-dribble, hold the ball and angle for bad shots because defenders are backing 10 feet off him has to be demoralizing for the rest of the team. There's no space and no ball movement because defenders are overplaying their guys and leaving Rubio completely.

The other thing that would help the team immensely would be if one of our PFs had any off-the-dribble game. Favors has none, and Crowder has very little. Crowder can straightline-drive, but he almost never passes the ball once he puts it down.

The Jazz should really be in the market for a triple-threat forward to play at the 4. Niang just plays too slow.

Cy - break it down. How much was O'Neale playing when we had our winning streak? Of course he played few minutes to start the year. He was an undrafted free agent.

Watching Rubio over-dribble, hold the ball and angle for bad shots because defenders are backing 10 feet off him has to be demoralizing for the rest of the team. There's no space and no ball movement because defenders are overplaying their guys and leaving Rubio completely.

Mavs were treating Ricky like Shaq when he had the ball at the 3 point line. Straight disrespect. Pretty sure other teams are going to start doing the same.

@Catchall

Absolutely right. Defending a Rubio led team is easy. He played out of his mind a couple months and we expected it to continue.

would be nice if rubio could shot better...but I think rubio is who he is. He was scared to shoot today, they didn't defend rubio nor exum and the jazz were forced to play 4v5 on offense.