What's new

***Hysterical overreaction thread***

One play I remember clearly, Rubio gets a steal or comes up with a loose ball and fires a perfect full-court pass to Crowder, who gets blocked from behind by Doncic. The Mavs come back and shoot a 3 right away off transition.

That's the kind of night it was all night.

Losing by 50 and being projected to be 2nd or 3rd in the west doesn't "happen every once in a while." In fact, it has NEVER happened to Utah.

Letting Rubio who shoots 33/28 % this season to be your starter is a big problem. He also sucks in defense.
If synder has a brain, exum should be the starter and plays 30+ minutes a game. Make rubio a bench player.
At least Rubio didnt let JJ Barea cross him up and bait him into a 3pt shot foul.

What it boils down to is that teams can double Mitchell and play him tough, and if the other wings/guards aren't hot, then the Jazz can't score. It's a flaw that must be remedied by the trade deadline or in the offseason.

I read thru this thread quickly.... but I didn't see anybody hyperventilating about Mitchell...

Exum and Rubio are very similar players. Exum is quicker and faster, but that's about it. Neither can shoot and we're done if no one else on the floor can shoot.
Mitchell hasn't been clutch this year... feels like he's missed a lot of momentum shots and isn't getting his shot. Something seems off besides injuries.

I feel like a move is imminent. It's the same team as last year except I think we took teams by surprise once we got fully healthy. Remember the HUGE question before October of last year? Who is going to score? Hood was given the torch and promptly fumbled it into the ocean. Mitchell was lightning in a bottle and fortunately the rest of the team were able to come together and get hot at the same time.

What's different this year? Another shoddy start to the offensive side of the ball. Defense has lagged considerably behind last year's. Keep chucking threes and pray?

Washington and Cleveland are playing terribly too. Swap Rubio for George Hill hahaha.
Maybe trade Favors for Morris. Or a 2 pack of Doritos.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

At what point to we simply acknowledge that last year was a complete fluke and what we are seeing right now is exactly the team we expected to see last year after hayturd bailed? And since we naively made no changes, it's exactly the team we signed up for.

At what point to we simply acknowledge that last year was a complete fluke and what we are seeing right now is exactly the team we expected to see last year after hayturd bailed? And since we naively made no changes, it's exactly the team we signed up for.

When @infection tells me to... I was team tank last year... he had hope.

I wake up, checked the scoreboard - 52:46, thought to myself- we are good we will beat Mavs in second half. Fall asleep again for an hour and check again. Wow the NBA site bugged, scroll down the blue creek become blue ocean. What a shame. It's hard to believe. At least we don't see that often like the Suns and Hawks fans.

i'm betting that it's the clear movement change. sure, we probably wanted it, but i don't think our talent is built for it. it's obviously a rule change aimed at helping offence, and what do you know, we are a defensive team. or were before the rule change.

First off, this is the third time the Jazz played the Mavericks in like 15 days. They figured out how to defend us. Combine this with the fact that we had a bad shooting night, and then add in the fact that the team packed it in half way through the 3rd quarter.

The problem is that Quin needs 3 and D in order for his system to be effective. But the players that we have are generally not the 3 and D types. So we saw Dante, Rubio and favs kept trying at the spot up 3s rather than doing things that made them special in the first place.

Last year was real.

Pinch yourself. Maybe this is a nightmare...…

better get back to the right uniform, though.

Cy is such a Rubio apologist it's funny.

Rubio has never been a great player for more than a few stretches. No matter how you spin it, the guy isn't that good. With our big limitations (they can't great buckets outside 3 feet), Rubio weaknesses become more of a liability.

I don't trust Burks on D and he is an expiring so it makes no sense to rely on him in some Mitchell PG situation.

Exum is so raw and he plays just as flawed as Rubio.

We need an infusion of energy. Not sure what that is.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app