***Hysterical overreaction thread***

Rubio missed a handful of games
Burks was mostly out
Exum was out til mid March
Thabo was out
Crowder just joined the team
Grayson Allen wasnt on the team

Rubio played one less game than Royce
Exum being out doesn't make sense because Royce averaged more minutes post all-star.
Thabo is out of rotation right now. So is Grayson, mostly.
Crowder plays more pf this year and less sf. Last year his minutes were distributed more evenly.
Burks is back but there should still be minutes for Royce.

We run no plays for Mitchell nor is he part of the offense other than iso. Everything seems forced and unnatural to get him involved.

I've been a Rubio fan but he's garbage so far. Not only with his scoring but his boneheaded turnovers that I wouldn't even expect Grayson to make. Same for Exum. I'm sorry but the dude will never amount to much if he can't figure out a consistent scoring option. A little floater or pull up jumper would do him wonders. That and making a layup. I just don't see it. He's had long enough even with injuries.

This team is no longer creeping up on anybody. Teams are going to bring their A game every single night now. This team at this moment is not as good as all the off-season hype. Can't take nights off anymore.

We run no plays for Mitchell nor is he part of the offense other than iso. Everything seems forced and unnatural to get him involved.

I've been a Rubio fan but he's garbage so far. Not only with his scoring but his boneheaded turnovers that I wouldn't even expect Grayson to make. Same for Exum. I'm sorry but the dude will never amount to much if he can't figure out a consistent scoring option. A little floater or pull up jumper would do him wonders. That and making a layup. I just don't see it. He's had long enough even with injuries.

This team is no longer creeping up on anybody. Teams are going to bring their A game every single night now. This team at this moment is not as good as all the off-season hype. Can't take nights off anymore.

I said the same thing in the game thread. No plays are drawn for our best scorer. Zero. Nada. It's crazy.

Weren’t we a pretty good shooting team last year? I’ve never been less certain of the ball going in the hoop, we are helpless. And it doesn’t look good either. Rubio, Exum, O’Neale, Crowder, etc. will NEVER be above average shooters. The best we can hope is that they are streaky for a few games at a time.

We are talent deficient. I feel bad for Quin, he runs a great offense, but it’s clang city on open shots all night long.

Mitchell is awesome and was a revelation last year. But I feel like there are a bunch of those dudes out there now, the amount of talent entering the league is insane. Is Mitchell gonna transcend all those guys? Or just be a really solid player?

Resting on our laurels was a mistake. Being chummy with eachother isn’t the only thing you need for success.

Our problem is simple. We can't put the ball in the basket. FG or FT. We get good shots, we're just not making them.

Perhaps the hysterical overreaction began in the off season. All of the fans thinking we'd just continue to play at the level we finished the season. With the "freedom of movement" rule changes there will be some adjustments. The refs aren't anywhere near consistent calling it, so it will be a season long adjustment. Teams have learned to sag off Rubio and shut down Mitchell's drive and the lob to Gobert but I have faith Snyder will come up with ways to counter that, and hopefully we pick up our shooting %'s. Last night was an anomaly, it won't happen again any time soon. I'm very interested to see how the team reacts Friday.

I said the same thing in the game thread. No plays are drawn for our best scorer. Zero. Nada. It's crazy.
I mean I get this....but Donovan’s strongest point, and biggest asset is the fact he can make something happen on his own and his gravity can pull defenders away from his teammates because of it. They just aren’t hitting shots. Donovan can get a shot whenever he wants, but his jump shot % and especially 3 point % has not been pretty this season either. Honestly it’s part of growing pains. I think Donovan wants to be a better playmaker, have the ball in his hands, and get better at being a point guard and running an offense and he’s doing that to an extent right now. I mean I guess you can run plays for him but Donovan is averaging 21 a game, I think we have far bigger problems than finding ways for him to score, he’s still doing just fine at it.

Mitchell is awesome and was a revelation last year. But I feel like there are a bunch of those dudes out there now, the amount of talent entering the league is insane. Is Mitchell gonna transcend all those guys? Or just be a really solid player?
I’ve pondered this thought as well. Last season, and a little bit already this season I’ve seen the “he needs more help” comment. A point guard that could shoot would help him a lot (sometimes I imagine this team with prime D-Will, and am devastated when I come back to the reality of Rubio lol)

However, there’s been help. Donovan has only had a couple games where he’s actually looked like the player we think/feel like he is. Joe’s had good nights, Crowders had good nights, Favs has had some good nights, and heck even Rubio has thrown in a couple good nights. The bottom line is, Donovan and Rudy are the stars. Rudy has been pretty solid offensively but in part due to new rule changes his defense has slipped a bit.

Donovan has struggled quite honestly. A teams success is more dependent on its stars than anything else and Donovan and Rudy are going to have to be better, or the Jazz won’t be. The Jazz have enough talent that a 3rd guy should be able to go off every night, but it seems like, just like last year, when one guy is off.....everyone is off. I don’t fully understand it. But you need compete and consistent games from your starters. Rudy is going to have to adjust his defense a bit and continue to score at a decent rate and Donovan is going to have to consistently be that guy if the Jazz are going to succeed.

Now, this is Donovan’s second season, he’s 22 years old, he’s coming into his 2nd season with all types of hype and pressure and he’s underperforming a bit from where a lot of people thought he would be. I still fully believe Donovan is a super star and not just a solid player, he’ll figure it out, and the Jazz may still be a couple seasons away from being good and Donovan being that dominant super star he looks like he can be.

Rubio played one less game than Royce
Exum being out doesn't make sense because Royce averaged more minutes post all-star.
Thabo is out of rotation right now. So is Grayson, mostly.
Crowder plays more pf this year and less sf. Last year his minutes were distributed more evenly.
Man, when you're quoting a 24 game sample size, every game matters. When Rubio goes out and Royce starts in his place, he got 36 minutes.

Perhaps the hysterical overreaction began in the off season. All of the fans thinking we'd just continue to play at the level we finished the season. With the "freedom of movement" rule changes there will be some adjustments. The refs aren't anywhere near consistent calling it, so it will be a season long adjustment. Teams have learned to sag off Rubio and shut down Mitchell's drive and the lob to Gobert but I have faith Snyder will come up with ways to counter that, and hopefully we pick up our shooting %'s. Last night was an anomaly, it won't happen again any time soon. I'm very interested to see how the team reacts Friday.
Freedom of movement has probably overall helped them more than hurt them. Before last night they were the #1 team in free throw rate.

@Hekate

We both know O'Neale was massive after the All Star break. We both know his minutes were much different after the break than they were before the break and so far this season.

If Mitchell gets more playmaking opportunities, O'Neale is probably the best guy to play with him in the backcourt. His defense is great and his spot up three is good enough.

Mitchell, O'Neale, Ingles, Crowder and Gobert. Ingles and Mitchell run the offense. Everybody defends as a unit.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

You'll always be behind the 8ball if Quin is constantly reacting to covering up Rubio being trash.

Wasn't Burks available for almost of the games in the second half of last season? I remember him having a lot of DNP's but I don't remember him being injured. I think Quin just cut him out of the rotation.

Weren’t we a pretty good shooting team last year? I’ve never been less certain of the ball going in the hoop, we are helpless. And it doesn’t look good either. Rubio, Exum, O’Neale, Crowder, etc. will NEVER be above average shooters. The best we can hope is that they are streaky for a few games at a time.

We are talent deficient. I feel bad for Quin, he runs a great offense, but it’s clang city on open shots all night long.

Resting on our laurels was a mistake. Being chummy with eachother isn’t the only thing you need for success.
Crowder shot 40% from 3 on volume his last year in Boston. He can become an above average shooter.

O'Neale, who knows? The guy is too terrified to shoot anything that isnt wide open.

Probably right on Rubio and Exum.

Our weave offense is so predictable. How many times do we need to see Rubio bring the ball up, throw it to the corner, they swing it to Joe who flies down the lane, and hopefully do something with it. I think Rubio's lack of shooting is causing guards to slack off of him and it puts more pressure on Mitchell. I don't understand why there are no plays designed for Mitchell to get a good shot. I love Joe, but he's never going to be a dynamic scorer in the league. We need to trade Rubio for a bag of fritos.

We need another guard (besides Mitchell) that can play-make while putting serious pressure on the rim. And we also need a triple-threat PF. And we need to get these now, while Ingles is making hay.

Exum and Mitchell haven't developed one iota, possibly regressed. Let's call a spade a spade.
All the other young guys are making big jumps helping their teams, like D'Aaron Fox.