What's new

***Hysterical overreaction thread***

It's really annoying me that we never coughed up for Mirotic last year. Hindsight is 20/20 I know but ****, it's DLs job to keep making this team better and really it's been a big fat F.
I've been saying this for years. I've been waiting for them to go and at least try to make the Blockbuster move. But we continually see that they are happy with mediocrity. Organic improvement my ***.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for years. I've been waiting for them to go and at least try to make the Blockbuster move. But we continually see that they are happy with mediocrity. Organic improvement my ***.

The Niko deal I understood... he’s currently slumping and I’m not 100% sure he’s worth his next deal.

It’s things like not getting Bjelica that are puzzling. I know he wants space but we could maneuver around at that money... I think he would have given us a lot of what Niko would on the cheap.

I don’t need blockbuster deals... I just would like us to be a little more active and willing to change.

I am somewhat convinced free agency will be a bust. A lot can happen but the players are few and suitors are many.

We likely can’t do anything major until after January 15th when Favs and Dante can be moved. Gives us a better sample to make decisions on.

The Jazz have had a tough schedule so far, but it's clear what the Jazz's weaknesses are --
** Lack of shooting/scoring threat at the PG spot.
** Lack of creators, which forces the Jazz to rely on their PGs.
** Lack of players who can get to the foul line, which is related to lack of creation on the wing.

If the Jazz could bring in one guy who can create off the dribble, make shots and get to the rim/get fouled, that would change the complexion of the team. But unfortunately, we're talking about bringing in a really solid player.

Ever since Corbin left, I never thought a healthy Jazz team could ever tank.

Now I am beginning to wonder.

I'd be excited about a lottery pick except Dennis has given us Burke, Exum, Lyles and traded two picks to give us Hill (who he should have had agree to an extension as part of the trade) and then Rubio. So two more swings and misses and STILL a subpar PG. So 1 lottery pick in 6 resulted in a great player (Mitchell). And for a 1-dimensional center, he also drafted a SG with a weak intestine and even weaker brain.

Really, let's be honest here. If Lindsey were the GM anywhere else he might just be out of a job.

I'd be excited about a lottery pick except Dennis has given us Burke, Exum, Lyles and traded two picks to give us Hill (who he should have had agree to an extension as part of the trade) and then Rubio. So two more swings and misses and STILL a subpar PG. So 1 lottery pick in 6 resulted in a great player (Mitchell). And for a 1-dimensional center, he also drafted a SG with a weak intestine and even weaker brain.

Really, let's be honest here. If Lindsey were the GM anywhere else he might just be out of a job.

Lindsey is a decent GM. Getting headfaked by Gordon Hayward, making moves to cater to him (like George Hill), and not getting anything for him in return put the franchise back on its heels. The Jazz really need Dante Exum to pan out, since he's one of the few guys we have with upside. Favors has been solid, not great in today's evolved game.

If we decide we want to turn Mitchell into a PG at some point, he could play that position as well as DWill and Baron Davis, imo.

Lindsey is a decent GM. Getting headfaked by Gordon Hayward, making moves to cater to him (like George Hill), and not getting anything for him in return put the franchise back on its heels. The Jazz really need Dante Exum to pan out, since he's one of the few guys we have with upside. Favors has been solid, not great in today's evolved game.
Good gawd, it's like waiting for CJ Miles to pan out. Or hoping Kanter was going to play defense. It's time to admit that for a lottery pick, Exum is a bust. His ceiling is an overpaid backup.

If we decide we want to turn Mitchell into a PG at some point, he could play that position as well as DWill and Baron Davis, imo.

Put a good two guard next to him... he won’t be dwill as a playmaker but he can create... have pgs guarding him instead of the other teams best wing.

The pace has increased so much this season. I've never seen such a change in just one year, almost every team in the league is playing way faster than they have in previous seasons. Our defense doesn't even have time to get set most of the time. I'm not sure what we do to combat this. Guys like Rubio, Favors, Ingles, Gobert and Crowder aren't suddenly going to become faster and more athletic. I'm just not sure we're ever going to be able to keep up with the increased pace.