What's new

I bet my brother $50 that Ingles would get $10mm next year

Jeditiger

Hoppy Goodness
Contributor
So my bro doesn't think that Joe will get $10mm/year on his next contract. I took the bet. Easy money?

It's easy money. 10 million isn't a lot anymore with how far the cap has risen. Right now Joe is one of the best 3 point shooters in the league, and he's a capable defender as well. Not great defensively, but not a liability either. Somebody is gonna pay him. I'd be surprised if Utah is able to keep him next year.

Last edited:
It's easy money. 10 million isn't a lot anymore with how far the cap has risen. Right now Joe is one of the best 3 point shooters in the league, and he's a capable defender as well. Not great defensively, but not a liability either. Somebody is gonna pay him. I'd be surprised if Utah is able to keep him next year.

I agree with everything except defense. Year after year he has shown improvement on defense. The NBA defense is a big jump from international play, even at his age and experience. A shorter contract would be reasonable but at $10 million I think it is worth the gamble long term. I also get the feeling he wants to be part of this young team although I know other teams would be willing to pay him more..

Guys, cap will keep increasing every year. Not long after $10m will be like $5m of last year.
If Ingles keeps improving, he'll be signed to $42/4 year contract with the Jazz.
Honestly he deserves it. He's smart, unselfish, fearless. Plays strong defense and make shots, sets up his teammates. DL stole this dude from clueless LAC.
A consistent Hood would always be my choice but there is a chance Ingles might be our starting SG in the future. He has serious athletic limitations but hey, the Utah Jazz can't have all 5 starters with (borderline) all-star level talent. Currently I think this is the case (Don't understimate Favors, he looked like our best player before injury last year)

I never would have thought that a guy that the Jazz brought in to mentor Dante Exum and provide some insurance for their wings after getting cut from the Clippers is now closing out games against some of the best teams in the NBA.

My bet would be that Ingles takes a bit of a paycut to reward the loyalty the Jazz have shown him by giving him a real chance in the NBA and takes a contract around what Crocodile Dante suggested a few posts earlier (3 yr $24 mil). Ingles is a pretty strong family man now too and I don't think he'd be interested in having to relocate after his wife took a season off from netball in order to move to Utah to raise their twins together. Don't think an extra couple of mil a year is going to phase Ingles if it means a big move and an undefined role.

Quin loves him. He's his swiss army knife. I hope we keep him but Joe will want to cash in after his best year, he may not get another chance for a pay day like hes about to get.

Easy money. I noticed yesterday that Bleacher report has him in the top 30 Small Forwards in the league right now - number 27. That doesn't say a lot unless you think about where he came from and what he is now doing. I don't think anyone saw this coming but I am also sure Quinn liked him and brought him here to be far more than Dante's pal. BTW, Hayward is number 4. Butler, Kawhi, and Bron Bron are in front of him. Pretty good company.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-small-forwards-at-the-halfway-point/page/30#

Easy money. I noticed yesterday that Bleacher report has him in the top 30 Small Forwards in the league right now - number 27. That doesn't say a lot unless you think about where he came from and what he is now doing. I don't think anyone saw this coming but I am also sure Quinn liked him and brought him here to be far more than Dante's pal. BTW, Hayward is number 4. Butler, Kawhi, and Bron Bron are in front of him. Pretty good company.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-small-forwards-at-the-halfway-point/page/30#