What's new

I bet my brother $50 that Ingles would get $10mm next year

Easy money. I noticed yesterday that Bleacher report has him in the top 30 Small Forwards in the league right now - number 27. That doesn't say a lot unless you think about where he came from and what he is now doing. I don't think anyone saw this coming but I am also sure Quinn liked him and brought him here to be far more than Dante's pal. BTW, Hayward is number 4. Butler, Kawhi, and Bron Bron are in front of him. Pretty good company.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-small-forwards-at-the-halfway-point/page/30#

Is durant not considered a small forward or is hayward ranked ahead of him?

Guys, cap will keep increasing every year. Not long after $10m will be like $5m of last year.
If Ingles keeps improving, he'll be signed to $42/4 year contract with the Jazz.
Honestly he deserves it. He's smart, unselfish, fearless. Plays strong defense and make shots, sets up his teammates. DL stole this dude from clueless LAC.
A consistent Hood would always be my choice but there is a chance Ingles might be our starting SG in the future. He has serious athletic limitations but hey, the Utah Jazz can't have all 5 starters with (borderline) all-star level talent. Currently I think this is the case (Don't understimate Favors, he looked like our best player before injury last year)

Wrong.
Cap is expected to be stable.
Why are jazz fans so uneducated? It is like they do net even care.

So my bro doesn't think that Joe will get $10mm/year on his next contract. I took the bet. Easy money?

Hahaha have fun buying your brother dinner. Tell him tomorrow that Boris congradulates him. Joe will prob get like 4.4 million a year. Can not pay a 15 mpg guy ten million lol.

I just reread this. It's pretty good.

https://pickandroll.com.au/keeping-it-together-joe-ingles-ultimate-glue-guy/

I like Joe and hope he stays. He's going to get offered a lot of money. I doubt the Jazz will be able to keep him. But if you read the article, teammates are important to Joe (not that he has a hard time making new friends). I'd hate to see him go to a team full of drama though.

Wrong.
Cap is expected to be stable.
Why are jazz fans so uneducated? It is like they do net even care.

Get off your high horse. It's difficult to find specifics on the cap.

I just reread this. It's pretty good.

https://pickandroll.com.au/keeping-it-together-joe-ingles-ultimate-glue-guy/

I like Joe and hope he stays. He's going to get offered a lot of money. I doubt the Jazz will be able to keep him. But if you read the article, teammates are important to Joe (not that he has a hard time making new friends). I'd hate to see him go to a team full of drama though.

Get off your high horse. It's difficult to find specifics on the cap.

Never tried high horse. Is it a fun high?
Cap speculation articles are everwhere an easy to find. Spec b4 the new TV deal was accurate I expect details AFTER THE DEAL was signed to be more accurate.

I'm with OP on this one. I think he'll get 11 (given he finishes the season shooting mid-40's from 3). Some loser franchise would be wise to pay him that.

Green actually plays PF/C quite a bit.
Ya that's what I thought.
Steph point guard.
Klay sg
Durant sf
Green PF
Za za center.

That's why I thought it was strange that kd wasn't ahead of hayward on the small forward list.

Ya that's what I thought.
Steph point guard.
Klay sg
Durant sf
Green PF
Za za center.

That's why I thought it was strange that kd wasn't ahead of hayward on the small forward list.
It's a bleacher report, no reason to give it a second thought. Durant is a SF who plays some PF in small ball when green is center. He can also play some SG.

I think its worth pointing out that whether he gets 7, 9 or 11 all 3 might be well above what the Jazz can afford..

Joes particular set of skills are pretty widespread but there's some interesting players in the draft that could be groomed to fill his role eventually. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk at Kansas looks equipped for the job IMO.

So my bro doesn't think that Joe will get $10mm/year on his next contract. I took the bet. Easy money?
Burks got that much. Right now Ingles is a better player and has also shown more as an NBA player.

I hope he takes less to stay, or that the Jazz find a way to keep him. I'd ditch Burks for a 2nd round pick if it meant keeping Ingles instead.

I think its worth pointing out that whether he gets 7, 9 or 11 all 3 might be well above what the Jazz can afford..

Joes particular set of skills are pretty widespread but there's some interesting players in the draft that could be groomed to fill his role eventually. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk at Kansas looks equipped for the job IMO.

Not as easy to replace his years of experience and understanding of the game. He's the perfect player to play with good players. I think they'll come to an agreement.