What's new

I can't wait to hear Locke change his tune

Watched the TV broadcast .. I thought it was way funny when they did a vote for who was the Jazz's MVP .. they had... I think AL, Hayward, Mo and Millsap .. Hayward won by ten percent lmao!

I have listened to tip off every day this year. So you don't think Locke should be giving Jefferson props for having a 40 point 13 rebound 6 assist game? And by doing that being one of only 5 players in the last 4 years to do it along with Kobe, Lebron, Durrant, And Griffin. So you don't think Al has played well the last couple of games and deserved some praise? I'm giving all all kinds of props for his performance this last couple of games. That doesn't change my opinion of him as an over all player. I'm sure its the same with Locke.
it was jsut one game.
if 90% nba player ballhogs enough he will get 40-10-5.
problem is only guys ballhugging enough are those 4 before mentioned

it was jsut one game.
if 90% nba player ballhogs enough he will get 40-10-5.
problem is only guys ballhugging enough are those 4 before mentioned

I would take any of those 4 mentioned ball hoggers before any 2 or even 3 players on our team. If ball hogging creates Kevin Durants and Lebron's then come on Mo!! Ben10 says you can do it! It's easy!!!

Next season when the team is turned over to the youth. Here is one of his holier then thou tweets:

"@Lockedonsports: 82 that matter. Thanks @utahjazz most franchises don't get that. Go Jazz"

I can't wait to hear his justification next season.

What would you like him to be saying?

"@Lockedonsports: **** these losers. Maybe if they hadn't pissed away a few sure wins we wouldn't be in this position. Nevermind the fact we had a few wins we shouldn't have had. Seriously, if only we had sat Al the whole year and fired Ty the second he made a mistake we could be way out of the playoffs and be looking at a higher lottery pick in this waste of a draft!"

I would take any of those 4 mentioned ball hoggers before any 2 or even 3 players on our team. If ball hogging creates Kevin Durants and Lebron's then come on Mo!! Ben10 says you can do it! It's easy!!!

difference is those ballhoggery is jsutified.

alan iversons ballhogery for example was big al like ball hogerry.
you have good ballhogging and bad ballhogging.

KARL MALONE
CHARLES BARKLEY
ENES KANTER
DEReck FAVORS
and a gazllion others.

Malone and Barkley not really low post players and are 2 of the greatest players of all time. Not really a fair comparison, also that was 15 years ago. You trying to tell me Kanter and Favors don't get the ball on the low block and try and score every time? Assists per48 Al - 3.1 Kanter - 1.4 Favors - 2.0 ................ Just saying, low post players are told to get the ball in the low post, and put the ball in the basket. Al is not some rare breed of exceptional ballhoggery.

Malone and Barkley not really low post players and are 2 of the greatest players of all time. Not really a fair comparison, also that was 15 years ago. You trying to tell me Kanter and Favors don't get the ball on the low block and try and score every time? Assists per48 Al - 3.1 Kanter - 1.4 Favors - 2.0 ................ Just saying, low post players are told to get the ball in the low post, and put the ball in the basket. Al is not some rare breed of exceptional ballhoggery.

Agreed. But one difference with BA is that he is generally so SLOW to make his move that everything bogs down big time. Also, he so rarely makes a nice pass to a cutter or someone open outside. He has gotten better at that but is not very good.

Agreed. But one difference with BA is that he is generally so SLOW to make his move that everything bogs down big time. Also, he so rarely makes a nice pass to a cutter or someone open outside. He has gotten better at that but is not very good.

and lest we forget his defensive ineptitide....

I agree it is painful to watch him play, so damn boring. I hardly ever ever ever see anyone cut when he gets the ball in the post. I certainly don't notice him missing wide open cutters because no one is even trying to cut. This could be a byproduct of them thinking he won't pass to them even if they do cut, or this could be because they just get caught watching. I don't know the reasoning but they are professionals and it is their job to move without the ball. The fault goes all around, it isn't just on one guy.

How are you going to catch the defense off guard with a cut when you hold the ball for 8 seconds, letting the defense get set before looking around/making a move? Mo and Al are so incredibly slow and imprecise in halfcourt execution, getting easy buckets is nearly impossible.

I agree it is painful to watch him play, so damn boring. I hardly ever ever ever see anyone cut when he gets the ball in the post. I certainly don't notice him missing wide open cutters because no one is even trying to cut. This could be a byproduct of them thinking he won't pass to them even if they do cut, or this could be because they just get caught watching. I don't know the reasoning but they are professionals and it is their job to move without the ball. The fault goes all around, it isn't just on one guy.

From what we are seeing with the total reliance here lately by Ty on BA, maybe Ty has had orders all along to NOT cut to the lane when Al was "working" the low post. That would bring more defenders and make BA less effective.

From what we are seeing with the total reliance here lately by Ty on BA, maybe Ty has had orders all along to NOT cut to the lane when Al was "working" the low post. That would bring more defenders and make BA less effective.

If they are cutting their man can't double, the most effective way to stop a double team is to have cutters. This is the only reason Ronnie Brewer has stayed in the league. If your man is just chilling out it a lot easier to keep an eye on him and help down on the post. Nobody is moving, Al Ty and everyone else on the team is to blame. So I guess as HC Ty has to take responsibility for that.