What's new

I don't typically complain about ads, but...

I understand the algorithms are designed to return ads based on your viewing history however, I can assure you, I have NOT been googling “old lady’s wrinkled thighs”
Ahh come on man, it's okay. Old lady's winkled thighs are pretty hot. No shame in your game.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am experiencing severe lag on the website when ads are loading on mobile. And I am still seeing the full size pop-up ads for the fake contest things probably a couple times a day. I'm not sure what if anything can be done about it. I don't experience any lag on really any other websites, but anymore typing out a post on mobile is nearly an impossible task. I would be willing to pay a recurring fee for an ad free experience personally.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am experiencing severe lag on the website when ads are loading on mobile. And I am still seeing the full size pop-up ads for the fake contest things probably a couple times a day. I'm not sure what if anything can be done about it. I don't experience any lag on really any other websites, but anymore typing out a post on mobile is nearly an impossible task. I would be willing to pay a recurring fee for an ad free experience personally.
I just want to say thanks for making my ban announcement not be the thread viewable from the main page.

Really sorry. You’re even a contributor which gives you the least intrusive experience. I’ll inquire with our provider again on why the popup ad is showing. A url, if you see anymore, would be appreciate. Or a screenshot.

Really sorry. You’re even a contributor which gives you the least intrusive experience. I’ll inquire with our provider again on why the popup ad is showing. A url, if you see anymore, would be appreciate. Or a screenshot.
It's ok Jason, just aggravating. I'll get a screen shot next time I see one. I've been trying to pay attention to the ads at the bottom to see if they are connected somehow to the popup, but what I've noticed is that the popup happens when I've clicked to go to a new page usually, and it shows a blank space on the bottom ad, like it's trying to load the new ad and instead gives the popup ad.

Here are a couple. They pop up together, one over the other. I still didn't see if any particular ad spawns these. They appear to be their own thing because most often the bottom ad banner is blank like it is loading an ad and the page stutters then the pop up appears.

I went part way through the thing to see what it was and it looks like a phishing attempt.

Screenshot_20210703-181643_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210703-181622_Chrome.jpg

Here is another one with a different address
Screenshot_20210704-224702_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210704-224654_Chrome.jpg

Heard back that some adjustments were made but they couldn’t reproduce it. Still there? They are asking if anyone besides Log is seeing this as well.