What's new

I hate Locke

There's no doubt the dude is knowledgable and his a good heart but he's just corny as **** and kind of hard to listen to. He makes me feel anxious at times....kind of like watching a comedian bomb.

lol. So on point.

Though credit where it's due. I've been impressed with his attempts to upgrade on the production front this year. He seems to finally have increased the volume on the audio version of Tip-Off.

But for a self-proclaimed coffee nut, he still struggles to pronnounce "espresso".

Is there anyone out there that enjoys it when he goes on Excel adventures and just reels off niche stats and play-by-plays his spreadsheet adjustments in real-time? I can't imagine anyone out there enjoying this. Happy to be proven wrong, though.

Didn't read all 7 pages of this thread, but since we're on a recent trend of "celebrities (LOL)" posting on jazzfanz, any sightings of Locke?

I've noticed several names of posters in this thread who are simultaneously shouting down Locke but have made posts in the past with direct citations to numbers or arguments that Locke provides either via twitter or in his morning podcasts. (Side note: when people put out statistics that Locke finds, they rarely cite him or give him credit - a perfect example is the current scrimmage thread... Locke was the one that grabbed the Burks shooting 42% on spot up threes.)

There have been numerous times I've read something on these forums that was stated earlier in the day in Locke's podcast, but the poster tries to pass it off as their own argument for, who knows, rep or kudos or clout or whatever.

Point being: Locke can be as irritating as he wants to be, he's providing a ton of content that's regularly cited and used on these boards.

If Locke did post on these boards I'd imagine everything would be in CAPS with a bunch of exclamation points.

Locke was intolerable tonight during the Q&A. Again, another media mope who wants to be a comedian. Honestly, Bill Oram and David Locke are two of the most unfunny people I've ever heard attempt humor.

Provide a few examples. Should be easy to do if he does it often.

I listen to Locke nearly every day, and I disagree that he twists statistics to toe the company line. Instead, I find him to be pretty damned honest when critiquing players. The one area he hesitates is when it comes to critiquing coaches and the organization itself. He is a Jazz employee, after all, so he does have to walk a fine line at times. I think he does an excellent job doing so. His content is very informative, and I learn a lot about the Jazz and basketball listening to him. I thoroughly enjoy his podcasts.

Honestly, though, can we stop with the "I hate David Locke" threads already? It seems we get a new one every few months. It gets old. Can't we just concede that some of you don't like him, and some of us like him, and some of us are kind of like and don't like him and just move on?

If David Locke did a broadcast in the woods with no one around then I'd say ****ing brilliant, I hope he stays there so no one hears him.

I actually really enjoy Locke. He usually has a pretty realistic attitude. He's got a good pulse on the league, and sure gives the company spin every so often, but I enjoy his broadcasts and tune in to tip off occasionally.