What's new

I love Ricky Rubio.

Rubio is very good at what he does. And seems to be a "Jazz kind of guy". But stylistically, he's about as bad of a fit as there is as far as Mitchell's backcourt partner.

IMO we need to target a guard who can hit open shots, is capable of switching on defense, & splitting ball handling duties. We will likely need another player besides Mitchell who is capable of creating for himself but that doesn't necessarily need to come from the 1/2.

I like Rubio. IMO he would have excelled in the earlier style NBA. I also think he can be very impactful in a system built to his strength. But he clearly isn't the long-term solution. His game is limited & doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the roster.

I love Rubio too. With him in the league, I can tell all my friends that my shooting abilities are on par with a starting NBA guard. That's a cool true statement I can brag about.

lul. i love ricky the person, but holy hell he has been really bad this season. His defined skills are passing and defense, he has sucked at both for much of the season. he has a less than 2.0 ast:to ratio (he is at 1.63 ast:to... that's really bad for a "passing pg"). career low in ast%. career low PER. career low BPM (he's a net negative). career low VORP. career low win share rate. and for all those career lows... he has a CAREER HIGH in usage. so he's sucking it up -AND- using a ton of possessions doing so. Not a fan.

I love Rubio as a person, and think he’s a great guy who seems to really care about people and being a good person. He’s also been through a lot in the last year and done some great things in that time.

Rubio as a player though, in the current NBA, I just don’t think you’re winning big with him as your starting point guard. You have to be able to shoot at least some, and he doesn’t seem to have that, and it seems a little late in his career to develop it in a real meaningful way. He tries hard, but he also has some lazy or bad passes that end in catastrophic turnovers that seem to happen 4-5 times a game more often than not. There’s been a few games those 4-5 bad turnovers have really hurt the Jazz.

I like Rubio, if I’m the Jazz and I’m about winning, I would couple him with another peice or two and get something in return that better helps us now. If I’m the Jazz as a business and I want to treat my employees in a good way, I don’t trade him and continue trying to work with him considering how good of a community guy and person he is, and what he’s been through in the last year. Are players always a commodity or part of our community? Fans and organizations have different opinions of the answer to that question.

Rubio works hard, plays hard, and is a good person who does a lot of charity. His problems are he can’t shoot, probably won’t ever be able to, and he has some really bad turnovers at times.

I think we see how things go the rest of this season, December was a terrible schedule and even the beginning couple weeks of January aren’t a great shedule. IMO the Jazz do need to make some type of move before the trade deadline, and part of me would like to see but would hate to see Rubio be a part of it.

I love Rubio!...Even I believe I could have a better shooting percentage than he. It makes me feel like special, so for that, thanks Rubio. What a guy!

Division by zero does give infinity in some systems.

Maybe we should just go after a bunch of untalented smiley faced nice guys to surround Rubio with. We want him to feel at home. That championship would then be right around the corner.

If you aren't averaging 10 assists per game as a CURRENT point guard in the NBA. Psssttt....... YOUR NOT AN ELITE PASSER!!! He used to be a good passer, then came to Utah, where he decided to reinvent himself as a 3rd string worthy point guard. And he succeeded.

He can't shoot but man he is a good person. He brings us D at the PG position and is sure as hell an elite passer. He isn't an all-star, but man I love the guy.

I love Ricky
Ricky Who
You know who
The fella with
The mop of shaggy hair

I love Ricky
Ricky Who
You know who
The Euro with
The shot that misses air

He likes to dribble
And force his passes
That lead to turnovers

He sometimes
Won’t stop shooting
Then I have to shout
Please, Quinn,
Please take him out

I love Ricky
Ricky Rubio
Ooh, ooh
I love you.

I missed the game tonight. Quantify how bad Rubio played, please.
sloppy careless turnovers, shot 1/7 i think, to the point the Pacers whole defense backed off on him to what seemed below the free thrown line. Kept getting blown by on D Just a completely ineffective game shall we say.

Having said that the whole team stunk