What's new

I shouldn't be stoking old flames, but...

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];909558 said:
I was pissed (still sorta am) about the Hayward contract. But I've (mostly) moved on... I'm getting excited about how he'll look in a system that, on paper, appears to be a much better fit.

Also, Derozan and Thompson are definitely better players at this point. Eric Gordon is too glass.

Hey something positive to say.

What's going on? Did you find a girl?

Guess we'll see how much of Hayward's slump was due to being misused by a bad coach in a bad system. Not a bargain of a contract, but it was a lose-lose either way. I GUARANTEE you had Lindsey offered Gordon a contract equal to Favors (or slightly more), he would have been castigated even more. It was ridiculous when some were estimating Gordon would get $8-$9M.

So Jazz either keep their player at an inflated price, or lose him for nothing. He's tradeable in 3 years if/when the Jazz need to free up money. Or he rebounds from his slump and is almost worth his contract. It's really not a big deal.

We might see nothing of the kind. Not many brand new coaches earn the HOF their first season. We really don't know what we have in QS. We can be hopeful but he may wilt under the heat worse than Corbin did.

Remember it only takes one in free agency and unfortunately for us Charlotte was that one. Note that no other team was going to offer Hayward that and Charlotte offered Hayward $3-4m more than he would have gotten elsewhere. Just look at what they did w Marvin Williams 2/$14 was double what anyone else was going to pay.

The market just turned out that Charlotte needed a wing and Al Jefferson being there and vouching for Hayward helped cause this. Another thing was had the Lance Stephenson issue really purcolated sooner Charlotte could have made that happen sooner and avoided inflicting pain on us. Some players no matter how good they are just don't catch the right team with enough cap space who likes them at the right time.

No one else would have offered that contract to Gordon except Charlotte... It's too bad. A lot of why they did it was for Pr purposes too. They knew the jazz would match but they had to show their fans they were going for it oh well.

I just hope we lock up Burks for $8-$10M before he has a great year with tons of playing time and get a maxed too.

***************** mjazz ********************* *************** lindsey

lance stpehenson is top 3 -all time he is the hot n****

seriously

Lance Stephenson is 5x player gordon hayward is.

We all know one of Hayward's biggest weaknesses was his body, and lack of strength. Hayward has always been a good slasher, but wasn't strong enough to absorb contact, and his lack of strength kept him from being affective shooting off the dribble, and on the move.

I think his improved body and strength will help him improve his shot then add in the fact that he should get better looks in an actual structured offense.

I could be wrong, but it sounds good to me in theory:)

I don't love the hayward contract, but I would waaaaaay rather have hayward at this price than chandler parsons or Bledsoe at what they got.

Remember it only takes one in free agency and unfortunately for us Charlotte was that one. Note that no other team was going to offer Hayward that and Charlotte offered Hayward $3-4m more than he would have gotten elsewhere. Just look at what they did w Marvin Williams 2/$14 was double what anyone else was going to pay.

The market just turned out that Charlotte needed a wing and Al Jefferson being there and vouching for Hayward helped cause this. Another thing was had the Lance Stephenson issue really purcolated sooner Charlotte could have made that happen sooner and avoided inflicting pain on us. Some players no matter how good they are just don't catch the right team with enough cap space who likes them at the right time.

No one else would have offered that contract to Gordon except Charlotte... It's too bad. A lot of why they did it was for Pr purposes too. They knew the jazz would match but they had to show their fans they were going for it oh well.

I just hope we lock up Burks for $8-$10M before he has a great year with tons of playing time and get a maxed too.

I think Hayward was getting a max offer from someone. The only thing slowing some people down was the real possibility that the Jazz would match and they would have their hands tied with other free agents while the Jazz considered. As the free agent pool slimmed down the opportunity cost for making the offer lessened. I actually think Hayward knew the Jazz would match and took the first Max he could while it was still on the table. Had Charlotte not offered, he eventually would have gotten the Max from another team. Their capologists had some hints as to what future BRI would be and what that would do to the cap.

Remember it only takes one in free agency and unfortunately for us Charlotte was that one. Note that no other team was going to offer Hayward that and Charlotte offered Hayward $3-4m more than he would have gotten elsewhere.

This is all true.
Jazz didn't have to match though