What's new

I think the Jazz are tanking....or at least not trying to win a lot of games

Burks is somewhat the forgotten man on the floor. Two other player act as primary ball handlers and run pick-and-roll (or pop) with our bigs. Burks is left standing out on the wing with limited options.

On a positive note, Hayward has been solidly winning his match-ups recently. His ability to get all the way to the rim this year is making a real difference. He could average over 20 pts if we keep featuring him as much as we have the past few games.

We need to keep featuring him IMO the way the Rockets feature Harden or the Warriors feature Curry. He's our best player BY FAR.

The Jazz won't be bad enough to get Towns or Okafor. Lets not waste time.

Absolute garbage. We just drafted a player at #5 that could very possible be the best pick in the draft, or very close to it. We are damn near the same team as last year, so of course we have a chance at scoring big time. This kind of crap irritates me to no end. Some people will find every excuse to try and draft at #13, just so we can win a few extra games. **** that ****ing **** **** ****.

Last edited:
The Jazz are rebuilding. At this point, I hope nobody is still in denial. Utah had a chance at a quick rebuild, but many fans opted to root for four more games. For those of you who rooted for playoffs during the lockout year, you've gotten exactly what you asked for, an extended rebuild. Time to suck on it.

Last edited:
Absolute garbage. We just drafted a player at #5 that could very possible be the best pick in the draft, or very close to it. We are damn near the same team as last year, so of course we have a chance at scoring big time. This kind of crap irritates me to no end. Some people will find every excuse to try and draft at #13, just so we can win a few games. **** that ****ing **** **** ****.

Are you referring to the GSW pick that we missed out on cos we beat them at home? Man I was so mad. We had a chance at trading up to get Lillard that year - we just lost DWill too.

Are you referring to the GSW pick that we missed out on cos we beat them at home? Man I was so mad. We had a chance at trading up to get Lillard that year - we just lost DWill too.

No, I'm not referring to a single pick, or a single loss. I'm referring to a faulty approach of REBUILDING WHILE REMAINING RELEVANT. Stupidest thing to ever come out of KOC's mouth, and that's coming from a FO apologist. Praise the lord that our FO woke the **** up the next year, and started rebuilding. Just the same, MAJOR opportunity missed. Trey Burke is the result of failure to maximize assets the year before.
-
The stupidest thing you'll ever read on this board is that we should have kept Millsap. That comes from fans who are completely clueless about building an NBA team, and that has nothing to do with Sap as a player. I'd love to have him if we weren't trying to rebuild.

Last edited:
Burks needs to come off the bench. It sucks to have a $10,000,000 6th man but he definitely played better last season when not starting.

No, I'm not referring to a single pick, or a single loss. I'm referring to a faulty approach of REBUILDING WHILE REMAINING RELEVANT. Stupidest thing to ever come out of KOC's mouth, and that's coming from a FO apologist. Praise the lord that our FO woke the **** up the next year, and started rebuilding. Just the same, MAJOR opportunity missed. Trey Burke is the result of failure to maximize assets the year before.
-
The stupidest thing you'll ever read on this board is that we should have kept Millsap. That comes from fans who are completely clueless about building an NBA team, and that has nothing to do with Sap as a player. I'd love to have him if we weren't trying to rebuild.

I'm sick of reading people say letting Sap go for nothing was only option. Millsap lead the Horford less Hawks to the equivalent of what a 30 win season my friend? Jazz weren't going to win many more games with asap maybe like 2 or 3. You act like they cannot do anything about it if they are winning? They cannot keep Tinsley for ten more games and not call up Garrett? They cannot fire coach middle of season and bring in interim with whole new system? They cannot sit Favors with the plantar fascist 3 4 more games and even 1 game everytime it minor bothers him? They cannot try implement triangle offense like Disaster Derrick Fisher?

Lol dude do not act like it was let Millsap walk or winning. Now we keep Kanter over Millsap and his value is flushed down an Aussie toilet. We lost two asset for nothing by doing this stupid experiment.

Burks needs to come off the bench. It sucks to have a $10,000,000 6th man but he definitely played better last season when not starting.

This might be true, but I don't think that burks played better last year because he came off the bench...... look at his numbers last year when he started, especially the 5 games in January that Hayward missed due to injury, and you will see that he was actually better as a starter than when he came off the bench.

Last year he shot less threes and midrange shots, instead he attacked the rim relentlessly. That is the biggest difference in burks play this year from last year imo. This year he is taking more threes than any other year in his career and shooting the best 3 pt percentage of his career, and he is a worse player. He needs to get back to what he does best (attacking the paint) but in this offense he is used mainly as a floor spreading spot up shooter for some reason.

I'm okay with Burks being a $10M player off the bench. It worked well with Manu Ginobli and Jamal Crawford at one point. Today's $10M contract is like yesterday's $7M contract.

Regarding Paul Millsap, he's not a starting PF on a contending team, so what's the point of keeping him? He can't defend or rebound against length. Nice player on a middling team.

If the Jazz can add a top-6 pick to Exum, Hayward and Favors, we could be in business.

I'm okay with Burks being a $10M player off the bench. It worked well with Manu Ginobli and Jamal Crawford at one point. Today's $10M contract is like yesterday's $7M contract.

Regarding Paul Millsap, he's not a starting PF on a contending team, so what's the point of keeping him? He can't defend or rebound against length. Nice player on a middling team.

If the Jazz can add a top-6 pick to Exum, Hayward and Favors, we could be in business.

Hmm... well we did let Matthews go for $5m... but we signed Burks for $10m... I'd rather have Matthews in my team right now IICHwichu.

This might be true, but I don't think that burks played better last year because he came off the bench...... look at his numbers last year when he started, especially the 5 games in January that Hayward missed due to injury, and you will see that he was actually better as a starter than when he came off the bench.

Last year he shot less threes and midrange shots, instead he attacked the rim relentlessly. That is the biggest difference in burks play this year from last year imo. This year he is taking more threes than any other year in his career and shooting the best 3 pt percentage of his career, and he is a worse player. He needs to get back to what he does best (attacking the paint) but in this offense he is used mainly as a floor spreading spot up shooter for some reason.

I remember Burks scoring in loads off the bench last season. I think he was a bit more consistent last season as well. He did have some bad shooting games but he also had stretches where he played well for multiple games. He has unreal potential. I imagine him playing well and Exum being our star - in a year or two having Exum, Hayward & Burks all playing well with Favors & Gobert as the bigs is so exciting to imagine providing they all develop more.

I think a lot of people are unhappy with Burks because they know he should be playing better. Last season he had a stretch where he scored in double-figures for 26 straight games (in between that stretch he had a few DNPs due to injury).

Interestingly enough, he's shooting a higher % from three this season but his FG% is almost 7% lower.

Al draws a double-team virtually every possession. Then there are guys like Lance Stephenson, Cody Zeller and Kemba Walker, who can't shoot standing around. It's kinda ugly.