What's new

I think we need to shake up the roster...

The idea of a shakeup is tough for a few reasons:

1- limited assets… not a lot of young players or picks.
2- money crunch… normally you could find a deal where you take on a little salary but in any deal we’d very likely be shedding some salary.
3- we have solid vets we’d trade but we’d want solid vets now… so we want a more useful solid vet.
4- we’d likely need two deals to rebalance the roster… which means have to find more trade partners.

Example… you could probably get something done around Bojan for Smart… maybe. But then you need to move JC for a wing or forward… how ya gonna do that. JC for Smart does nothing for Boston.

We have our guys… they need to figure out whatever this bull **** is.

I don't think a trade is coming. Quin's offense is just too complicated to be picked up easily. Conley was talking about that last year. And Quin is too stubborn or prideful to modify it or dumb it down.

I agree with Stan VanGundy who said in the pregame yesterday that the Jazz miss Niang and Favors. I’m sorry but so far this season Paschall and Whiteside have not been able to fill their predecessors shoes. Because of these changes our offense has suffered in the case of spot-up three production (Niang) and pick and roll production (Favors). And our defense has suffered with Whiteside with on-ball coverage. Our pick and roll option has become almost nonexistent which takes guys like ingles out of their comfort zone. Yeah we could trade Ingles but what are we going to get back?

As a great man once said, Snyder is terrible at making adjustments and I concur which makes Rudy Gay our last possible saving grace to salvage our season. OUCH!!! Just glad I didn’t take the over for wins, losses this year cause no way we take top honors this year. I keep hoping that Smith and Wade see the writing on the wall and make a coaching change but this is Happy Valley where fans are so easily entertained they don’t even head for the exits down 25 with five minutes to play.

Last edited:
There's probably merit to this idea, but given the obstacles and the question on if anything out there would result in even a net-neutral basketball contribution, I think the odds are long at anything happening.

The bigger questions in my mind are:
-Is this team just a little too ****ing old now?
-If not, they gotta start seriously trying some new **** at the organization/coaching level: (new?) Sports psychs and new strategies, namely.
-At what point does even the yellow light get trotted out for Jordan Chuckson? At what point does he start trying to play a more complete game? You cannot play such an empty-calories filled game and shoot like such dog **** without it seriously and negatively affecting the ability of the team to win.

There's more to unpack here, but let's start with that you either don't know what a coup de grace is or you don't know how to use it in a sentence.
Granted saving grace would have been a better choice but coup de Grace works as a double entendre if your looking at a final blow for a team or coach.

So D Lindsey is gone now
Who is to blame for this
Smith Wade Zanik Quin?
Hope it gets better cause Jazz are running out of ideas

2- money crunch… normally you could find a deal where you take on a little salary but in any deal we’d very likely be shedding some salary.
3- we have solid vets we’d trade but we’d want solid vets now… so we want a more useful solid vet.
4- we’d likely need two deals to rebalance the roster… which means have to find more trade partners.

Example… you could probably get something done around Bojan for Smart… maybe. But then you need to move JC for a wing or forward… how ya gonna do that. JC for Smart does nothing for Boston.

If we’re not willing to swap Oni for Dunn, then I don’t think we’re willing to swap JC or Bojan for Smart.

Truth is that we probably missed our opportunity in the summer. It’s so much easier to get deals done during the off-season. Maybe the shooting problems are a surprise, but the defensive issues should have surprised no one so if we were going to make that trade it probably would have already happened.

In regards to that last part about Bogey/Smart. I don’t think there’s a positional concern there. Smart provides more defensive “big man” value than Bogey…who pretty much provides nothing in that area. Bogey is 6’8 and Smart is 6’3…but they do not play like that on the court.

Truth is that we probably missed our opportunity in the summer. It’s so much easier to get deals done during the off-season. Maybe the shooting problems are a surprise, but the defensive issues should have surprised no one so if we were going to make that trade it probably would have already happened.

In regards to that last part about Bogey/Smart. I don’t think there’s a positional concern there. Smart provides more defensive “big man” value than Bogey…who pretty much provides nothing in that area. Bogey is 6’8 and Smart is 6’3…but they do not play like that on the court.
Lol let's trade bojan and this is solve all our problems. Line for him be long ,trust me...

I hate PJ Tucker but he exposed us so much. He's always around the ball for rebounds and annoys other players. We have one too many guys that do the same thing. Too many of our guys half *** it on rebounds and defense. A trade is needed at some point. Or we will get the same result.