What's new

I thought this was excellent and wanted to share...

Well framed discussion.

My favorite addition here would clearly be Tobias. But that requires some serious selling by DL and DM and Tobias not loving Philly or Philly not loving Tobias. It would also require us putting up some big $$$ that other teams can clearly put in front of him. None of us are super optimistic.

If we can't lure Tobias and then I would be thrilled at a combo of Malcolm OR Jrue and Mirotic. I think that Malcolm comes cheaper than Jrue because we just have to sign him instead of trading assets for him. I also think Jrue is the better player. Mirotic is finally a FA and I don't see why he doesn't want to come if we offer a decent contract. There is a good fit. He is wanted here. And he wants to be here. Not a lot of fuss to make that happen assuming all of those rumors are true.

I also think that Rubio can be had for a bit less than $12 million per year. People value shooting so much and Rubio for $8 million seems like a steal vs. Rubio for $14 million. I could be convinced to keep watching Rubio for years to come at the right price for the team. But I don't think he is the right fit.

Finally, if I were to shift the chart on page 4, I would do the following:

1. DM, Exum, ___
2. ___, Korver, Allen
3. Ingles, Royce, ___
4. Crowder, ___, Niang
5. Gobert, ____, Bradley (stays because he is bench fodder at the 5 with years invested and almost no cost)

The biggest shift is that I move DM to the 1 much like the Rockets did with Harden. I can put a point guard with him who plays combo guard but I increase my DM time with the ball. I am now focused on a combo guard. A combo of Malcolm, Danny Green, and Mirotic would be sick if money and stars aligned.

What we need is a pg who can consistently be a threat from 3, penetrate the paint and distribute, not turn the ball over, and is a good defender. That's an all star caliber player.

Not many guys can do all four, some 3/4, and a bunch 2/4. If we can't pick up that all star pg, I'm ok with bringing Ricky back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app
We have one of those. He's playing undersized at another position.

We have one of those. He's playing undersized at another position.

This is going to be one of those frustrating things where it feels like the guys making the decisions are going to be a year or two too late to the party.

I saw this on the NBA Reddit. I don't know if it was someone here on Jazzfanz who created it but it was an excellent read...

The creator could have summed this up ad "Utah is in 5th seed hell, as predicted years back".

When do we get to start talking about tanking again?

At this point, I have no faith in Exum being a starting PG. I’m pretty sure I’ve played more NBA minutes than he has.

Im glad the Jazz have a lot of faith in Exum and I think they know what their doing ,I back them up

The creator could have summed this up ad "Utah is in 5th seed hell, as predicted years back".

When do we get to start talking about tanking again?

I wonder how many people felt like this the Stockton and Malone years. Where we lost in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs 8 years in a row. Then finally made it to the conference finals only to lose in the 1st round the next year. Then repeated that before the Finals runs.

I wonder how many people felt like this the Stockton and Malone years. Where we lost in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs 8 years in a row. Then finally made it to the conference finals only to lose in the 1st round the next year. Then repeated that before the Finals runs.
Good post.
I have no problem with being perennial 5 seeds. I like being a fan of a really good team.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He hasn't been cleared for full practice. So no. Not Friday.
So all of this talk of waiting until after the all-star break as strictly precautionary was a ****ing lie?

Good thing we held onto him so he can continue doing whatever it is he does.

So all of this talk of waiting until after the all-star break as strictly precautionary was a ****ing lie?

Good thing we held onto him so he can continue doing whatever it is he does.

What he does is collect $111,000 per game check. Which is really double that since he only plays about half of the games in a season.

We just need a PG or SG who can create his own offense and be a #2 scoring option. Donovan can play either spot next to whoever that player may be.

What he does is collect $111,000 per game check. Which is really double that since he only plays about half of the games in a season.
Un****ingbelievable that this organization thought FOUR SEASONS wasn’t a big enough sample size and bid against itself for this embarrassing contract.

Un****ingbelievable that this organization thought FOUR SEASONS wasn’t a big enough sample size and bid against itself for this embarrassing contract.
Worst part is the bidding against themselves imo.
He was restricted right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app